Sign in to follow this  
harrry

Dash 8 64bit Altimater not setting properly

My altimeter is now showing neg240 and only respons a little to the baro key.....has windows 10 broken it again,  ie is anyone else getting this. P3d4

Harry Woodrow

Problem seems to be max pressure 30 inches,  

is happening at Hanoi,  (or maybe I am in a bomb crator.)

I have to find somewhere else with high pressure to test....

Harry Woodrow

If I understand your post, you are hitting the "b" key and not seeing the aircraft's altimeter adjust to the current barometric pressure, right?

If so, then please know that the Q400's altimeter must be set manually...by design, it will not respond to the default key ("b").

• Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, RudiJG1 said:

If I understand your post, you are hitting the "b" key and not seeing the aircraft's altimeter adjust to the current barometric pressure, right?

If so, then please know that the Q400's altimeter must be set manually...by design, it will not respond to the default key ("b").

Thanks for your answer but that is not the reason.

I have found that the pressure on the time and day from ASN and in real life was nearly 31.0 in

the ajustment from the knob is limited to less than 30.00.

It apears that they have designed it not taking into account high pressure.

Harry Woodrow

That is not the behavior that I see on my Dash.. I can adjust upto 35,44 inHg which equals  1200 HPA

1 hour ago, harrry said:

It appears that they have designed it not taking into account high pressure.

To me it appears Majestic designed it correctly.  Could be something you need to investigate on your own computer system.

b rgds  / Dick

Check your units setting in FSX/P3D, using metric can create problems in addon aircraft. 30.00 inHg is only 1016 hPa and I can definitely set my altimeter pressure above that level.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg