Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

Aerosoft Anchorage PANC for P3Dv4 released

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, avgeek1 said:

This scenery is great! 

Yes, Anchorage scenery is very great! but too fast from the developer to release it as "Anchorage Professional" for P3Dv4. I would say Professional scenery for fs9 and FSX only at the moment. Anchorage for P3D v4 is not Professional but great scenery indeed.

Patricio Valdes

On 1/15/2018 at 7:11 PM, downscc said:

Goodness, a discussion on train noise?? This but no one has noticed that 07R/25L is not the new extended 12,400 ft yet?  No one has noticed the DME transmitters are in wrong locations thus giving you wrong indications on approach?  I guess I'm not sure what is important.

Wow, that's an embarrassing oversight, and the 'excuse' from the devs is pure comedy gold....the runway extension wasnt included in Google-Earth satellite images yet. Beta testing was also very thorough as it seems

Looks like the 'professional' tag doesn't apply to the way they develop their sceneries...

• Upvote 1

Too bad I bought this scenery last night. 

Aerosoft never seems to not let me down...

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

This is nothing specific to Aerosoft, but it seems to me that 3rd party airport designers tend to get carried away with eye candy and neglect changes to navaids, comms, procedures and often even runway and taxiway geometry. Are we pilots or passengers?

• Upvote 3

Goodness, a discussion on train noise?? This but no one has noticed that 07R/25L is not the new extended 12,400 ft yet?  No one has noticed the DME transmitters are in wrong locations thus giving you wrong indications on approach?  I guess I'm not sure what is important.

Classic Aerosoft!!!

Yep, even Orbx has bird sounds you can hear in the cockpit  with the cabin secure, but at least you can disable them. Agree that accuracy should take priority over aesthetics.

RE Thomason Jr.

This is nothing specific to Aerosoft, but it seems to me that 3rd party airport designers tend to get carried away with eye candy and neglect changes to navaids, comms, procedures and often even runway and taxiway geometry. Are we pilots or passengers?

While I will agree that accuracy of navigation beacons and essentials such as runway placement, typography, etc. should be correct, I will say this in defense of many scenery designers- If "eye candy" was not placed at a premium, this lot would surely complain about how drab the scenery looks until everyone went blue in the face. AS certainly knows the grip they have on the market and at times, flaunt it in our face. I can't blame them though. We continue to buy and consume despite obvious flaws and projects rushed to market. Where is the motivation for them to change their ways?

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

14 hours ago, Woozie said:

Wow, that's an embarrassing oversight, and the 'excuse' from the devs is pure comedy gold....the runway extension wasnt included in Google-Earth satellite images yet. Beta testing was also very thorough as it seems

Looks like the 'professional' tag doesn't apply to the way they develop their sceneries...

They said they just upgraded the existing scenery and later on they can release an update that adds the extension. In my opinion that is fine, I still have a bad taste from Orbx and their attitude about modeling an extension for KSTS

1 hour ago, ZLA Steve said:

I can't blame them though. We continue to buy and consume despite obvious flaws and projects rushed to market. Where is the motivation for them to change their ways?

This is precisely the problem.

• Upvote 1

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

8 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

They said they just upgraded the existing scenery and later on they can release an update that adds the extension. In my opinion that is fine, I still have a bad taste from Orbx and their attitude about modeling an extension for KSTS

So they recycle old scenery parts, slap a 'professional' tag on it, claim that its based on newest AIRAC data (which is clearly false advertising in this case) and charge existing customers for the update....leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth as well

And in regards to future updates, although they finally decided to put all their 'hotfixes', which have been posted loosely in their forums, into one combined thread, you still have to browse through several pages to grab the files, some of them are more than 6 months old, but they dont seem to bother to release those fixes with a proper installer. While other sceneries are still missing updates that where promised several months ago...

The whole thing is becoming a train...eh...planewreck...

• Upvote 1

I criticized the developer for missing the 07R/25L extension and he acknowledged that he missed it (GE does not show it unless you select 3D buildings, but it's on all charts) and will remedy the error.

Now I will commend him for a very well done airport.  The cargo ramps, where most of us will spend our time, are accurate and look good.  Using GSX for pushback, one will have to modify the AFCAD to provide a link but this is not unusual among addon sceneries.  Good spot for your UPS B744F is Parking 6 Cargo Ramp.  There is a nice ramp for your DC6 over at the Everts ramp as well, and of course plenty of spaces for the FDX B77Ls.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 hours ago, Woozie said:

So they recycle old scenery parts, slap a 'professional' tag on it, claim that its based on newest AIRAC data (which is clearly false advertising in this case) and charge existing customers for the update....leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth as well

And in regards to future updates, although they finally decided to put all their 'hotfixes', which have been posted loosely in their forums, into one combined thread, you still have to browse through several pages to grab the files, some of them are more than 6 months old, but they dont seem to bother to release those fixes with a proper installer. While other sceneries are still missing updates that where promised several months ago...

The whole thing is becoming a train...eh...planewreck...

You are just looking for drama and to stir the pot. Hyperbole should be reserved for political discussions.

13 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

You are just looking for drama and to stir the pot. Hyperbole should be reserved for political discussions.

Yeah, whatever....

2 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Yeah, whatever.

Lars,

Have you considered getting a copy of ADE and building your on version of PANC?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

6 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Lars,

Have you considered getting a copy of ADE and building your on version of PANC?

blaustern

Now that's a killer-argument! I'll remind you the next time you dare to criticise any payware

• Upvote 2