Sign in to follow this  
tres2

Yaw dampener stuck on, VS stuck off

I've got most everything working pretty well with this bird now. But the yaw dampener won't go off and I cannot make the vertical speed wheel work or make vertical speed itself activate. I have looked at several videos, looked through the manuals and I feel like I'm stuck. Any ideas? I think I'm staring down at the business end of a reinstall.

I seem to recall Ctrl-D turns off the yaw damper.  Sorry, I don't think I've ever used the vertical speed wheel, so I'm no help with that.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

4 hours ago, StewartH said:

I seem to recall Ctrl-D turns off the yaw damper.  Sorry, I don't think I've ever used the vertical speed wheel, so I'm no help with that.

You're right! It's right there in controls-settings. I never would have thought it was so straightforward and simple. Duh!

Tomorrow I'm going to see what I can do with the vertical speed wheel. Thanks very much!

For those of you who have been biting your fingernails at the suspense of wondering how this story came out, here it is:

I had to do a reinstall. Stew, the post in response to my initial inquiry very much appreciated but nothing else I could find unaddressed the issue which was really at the heart of the matter, namely, vertical control. I couldn't find anything else so I reinstalled it.

The good news is, that worked! The fact of a reinstalled working should be a no-brainer but after nearly 20 years of the question of things working always seeming to be dicey, one gets a little paranoid. But this time he flying fickle finger of fate operated in my favor and my TBM is flying like a princess. all I have to do now is get my Wilco falcon 7X to descend below 10,000 on autopilot dependently LOL.

Carenado, God knows you've got a ways to go to reach perfection but this TBM really is a nice bird.

Well, unfortunately, this story is not over. Here I am, back, a month later.

The vertical speed control still works fine but for the life of me I can't get the large passenger door to open! I've been trying various things in the meantime, including another reinstall which didn't have any effect. So I'm stumped! Could this be some sort of a contact point thing? Anybody?