Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

Odd landscape effect.....

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, Just posting one pic of South America. The whole place is flat under the airplane, and as I fly through the landscape the hills disappear in front of the airplane but the water stays like this pic shows.Is this a video driver problem perhaps? Any ideas appreciated.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/148061.jpgThis is lake Titicaca? I think at 12000ft!Andy.

I am having the same problem. Most all of So Amer from about Lima on south. All my lakes are like that in the mountain regions. Also airports on a high plateau. I have added plenty of airport addons but I can't seem to find any landclass or mesh I've added. Could a particular airport addon be causing this? Dennis

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem, but relieved it's not an isolated thing. After a re-install some time ago it was all alright in S America as I remember flying from some high points and the landscape was normal then! Not now as we've found. I have added no mesh or landclass or in fact anything in South America so if it's a problem with a file, for me that would probably be a mesh in North America. Perhaps I will uninstall the mesh I have and just see if that makes things default again.Andy.

That's a well known problem, and everyone using detailed mesh should have experienced this somewhere.Airports and water (rivers, lakes) on plateaus or in deep valleys are the result of terrain being at the proper altitudes because of detailed mesh, but water and airports aren't part of mesh so they didn't follow the elevation changes and are still where they were before.Only cure for such strange happenings are polygon flattens and AFCADs as far as I know. Both are very, very time consuming and complicated things, so I for my part decided to live with my pleteau lakes and rivers...Andreas

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Thanks for the response.I haven't got any mesh in South America. This effect is fairly recent I think. Although this area used to be normal! Maybe it's just the way it is for MS to have these glitches; there was that huge hole and strange landscapes in Alaska-like great building blocks and runways across emptiness. In fact it's all normal in MS:9 Andy.