I have the CH Pro Throttle USB product.

Here's my question:

With FSUIPC and P3D, I have no problems. But, with DCS World (and I assume Elite Dangerous) the throttle doesn't reach 0. In other words, with the throttle pulled fully back the thrust is still > 0. Again, with FSUIPC this isn't a problem since I can calibrate the output.

I've found that modifying the X slope in DCS kind of fixes this, but makes the throttle non-linear.

I've had the urge to fly some military and will be buying the F-18 when it comes out. Tuning up my skills on the A-10 seems in order.

Does anyone have experience with CH's Control Manger? The CH site describes this as a programming tool. Any caveats on using this?

Has anyone experienced this and found a fix outside of Control Manager?

Etc.

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi Richard,

I’m a pretty hardcore CH user - I think im on my third HOTAS set - first one was during game port days... I’ve used and made some pretty sophisticated profiles over the years with the CH Control Manager software - that said - I believe CH completely abondoned the software before WIN10 came out... It’s buggy - interferes with other apps in WIN10, and causes BSOD system crashes - I’d recommend not using it... It’s truly a shame as it was once an excellent and powerful tool... Fotunately - the hardware still works well...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Scott.

Doesn't sound very encouraging.

Maybe I'll map something else to the throttle.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have win 10 and have ch control manager installed. I have zero issues with it. I don’t use profiles though, just use it to calibrate my setup which works really well for the ch gear and far better than Windows does. 

Pedals, pro throttle, throttle quad and fighterstick. 

My pro throttle works fine in dcs. 

Hi Richard,

Just some other software I’ve used over the years - I haven’t touched it in ages - it’s called Pinnacle Game Controller - something like that - slick piece of kit - would turn even cheapo joysticks into programmable joysticks - might be worth a look and they had a demo...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

55 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

I have win 10 and have ch control manager installed. I have zero issues with it. I don’t use profiles though, just use it to calibrate my setup which works really well for the ch gear and far better than Windows does. 

Pedals, pro throttle, throttle quad and fighterstick. 

My pro throttle works fine in dcs. 

Glen,

If you install the Manager, do you lose your device names?

Meaning, the CH Fighterstick becomes USB Device 2 (for example)?

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Glen,

If you install the Manager, do you lose your device names?

Meaning, the CH Fighterstick becomes USB Device 2 (for example)?

Not in dcs. I would have to check but I think that only happens if you run control manager in mapped mode. I leave it in direct mode.

i also use fsuipc exclusively in p3d so not sure how they show up if you have controls enabled in p3d.

Certainly in dcs each controller shows up with its correct name. 

Thanks for all the input.

After spending too much time on the interwebz, I'm not thinking chancing CM is worth it.

Apparently, using it only for calibration is a go. Using the other features is risky with Windows 10.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

21 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Thanks for all the input.

After spending too much time on the interwebz, I'm not thinking chancing CM is worth it.

Apparently, using it only for calibration is a go. Using the other features is risky with Windows 10.

So, if you are having difficulty getting it to zero out, the calibration feature is just what you need. Ignore the rest of it. 

1 hour ago, GHarrall said:

So, if you are having difficulty getting it to zero out, the calibration feature is just what you need. Ignore the rest of it. 

Thanks. That is what I did. And it works great. No other issues.

I added a PCIe USB card so I can plug the devices into the back and leave then plugged in. My front panel ports are open for temporary stuff. I'm all set.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS