Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

KORD and KCVG announced for P3D v4!

44 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

KORD will be nice to see.  I'd be curious to see when this and FSDT is release.  Like Drumcode said, the FSDT ORD doesn't have anything to show other than "we are working on it for 2018", so it will be interesting to see which one surfaces first for this long awaited airport.  I've I'm a betting man, I bet we won't see anything until late 2018.

Apparently Skyline is 75% completed, that's as of January 4th. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Finally a developer has had the courage of doing KORD. It will definitely be a money maker for them which will be well deserved. 

Their scenery models look at heckuva more realistic than FSDT. As long as performance is there I will get this version.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

They also have KSNA for xplane 11. I wonder if they will release that for p3d v4. I do have latinVFR's which is a great, but it would be nice to see a comparison there.

Does anyone think that the shot of the tower and of where the Delta plane is parked doesn't look to scale?  I fly out of ORD monthly and can't picture that terminal or the tower looking like that.  The bridge looks great though.  I'm not knocking anything but can't picture these shots in my head.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

9 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Finally a developer has had the courage of doing KORD. It will definitely be a money maker for them which will be well deserved. 

Couldn't agree more.  Good luck to them

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Does anyone think that the shot of the tower and of where the Delta plane is parked doesn't look to scale?  I fly out of ORD monthly and can't picture that terminal or the tower looking like that.  The bridge looks great though.  I'm not knocking anything but can't picture these shots in my head.

The old fsdt has problems in scale also. The south cargo ramp is modeled too small, it is impossible to fit jumbo aircrafts and still have room to taxi between them!

21 hours ago, B777ER said:

Brought it up to Umberto and he said I and others that have it need to be at 16x AF which I already am at. Yet FT, Flightbeam and others don't have it.

It's not just AF 16x, it's also the fact you are seeing that issue more than you are supposed to, because you are have reduced the texture size to 2K, so you are missing one mipmap step compared what we tested/designed the scenery for. We assumed that in 2017, every video card should handle 4K easily (with "4K", meaning "4K textures", NOT 4K video resolution) 

In any case, the whole issue would be entirely moot for all our future sceneries, which will be designed from the ground up to be P3D V4 only.

Everything strange you see on our current sceneries, it's related ONLY to the requirement to be stil compatible with FSX, in a way that we have some objects that are native (=just compiled with the P3D SDK), but the scenery has been overall designed from the ground up to work for FSX as well and not use FS8 code at the same time, which is what makes it "different" compared to similar offerings by other known developers.

This will go away, entirely, with FSDT KORD V2, which is being designed right from the start to run on P3D V4 ONLY (and or any another simulator). People seems to forget that we started working on KCLT in early 2015, and back then P3D4 wasn't even announced, we only assumed it could be 64 bit, but even that was entirely up in the air, it was only in late 2016 that we finally got hold of the SDK, like everybody else, which means no scenery that's on the market today (unless it's something that was made very quickly), can claim to be really designed for P3D4.

"Designed right from the start" is not the same as "recompiled with the P3D4 SDK".

The reason why we haven't show much of KORD V2, it's not obviously because it's of a "low priority" for us, but simply because we are redoing it totally from scratch and we want to take the time to do it right, and to be ready for the next big airport update. No sense trying to save something which was originally made in 2008 (for FS9) and patched in 2011, that's why we haven't released another update: this airport deserves a total makeover.

• Upvote 2

On 1/11/2018 at 2:19 AM, virtuali said:

It's not just AF 16x, it's also the fact you are seeing that issue more than you are supposed to, because you are have reduced the texture size to 2K, so you are missing one mipmap step compared what we tested/designed the scenery for. We assumed that in 2017, every video card should handle 4K easily (with "4K", meaning "4K textures", NOT 4K video resolution) 

In any case, the whole issue would be entirely moot for all our future sceneries, which will be designed from the ground up to be P3D V4 only.

Everything strange you see on our current sceneries, it's related ONLY to the requirement to be stil compatible with FSX, in a way that we have some objects that are native (=just compiled with the P3D SDK), but the scenery has been overall designed from the ground up to work for FSX as well and not use FS8 code at the same time, which is what makes it "different" compared to similar offerings by other known developers.

This will go away, entirely, with FSDT KORD V2, which is being designed right from the start to run on P3D V4 ONLY (and or any another simulator). People seems to forget that we started working on KCLT in early 2015, and back then P3D4 wasn't even announced, we only assumed it could be 64 bit, but even that was entirely up in the air, it was only in late 2016 that we finally got hold of the SDK, like everybody else, which means no scenery that's on the market today (unless it's something that was made very quickly), can claim to be really designed for P3D4.

"Designed right from the start" is not the same as "recompiled with the P3D4 SDK".

The reason why we haven't show much of KORD V2, it's not obviously because it's of a "low priority" for us, but simply because we are redoing it totally from scratch and we want to take the time to do it right, and to be ready for the next big airport update. No sense trying to save something which was originally made in 2008 (for FS9) and patched in 2011, that's why we haven't released another update: this airport deserves a total makeover.

And a year later. . . . .  ????

9 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

And a year later. . . . .  ????

That's the scenery is obviously huge, and the real airport is being updated as we speak. For example, right now we are working on adding the changes which were added in the January 2019 AIRAC cycle.

And, because of PBR, we are also remaking many GSX vehicles (some were made in 2012), not just updating their textures, but redoing the whole object from scratch, and this is has also took a toll on O'Hare. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

That's the scenery is obviously huge, and the real airport is being updated as we speak. For example, right now we are working on adding the changes which were added in the January 2019 AIRAC cycle.

And, because of PBR, we are also remaking many GSX vehicles (some were made in 2012), not just updating their textures, but redoing the whole object from scratch, and this is has also took a toll on O'Hare. 

I thought you said the airport was  going to modelled after March 2018 because you couldn't keep up with everything going on as far as contsruction was concerned?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I thought you said the airport was  going to modelled after March 2018 because you couldn't keep up with everything going on as far as contsruction was concerned?

Now we are trying to match January 2019 and, of course, this can possibly be changed again at any time. 

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Now we are trying to match January 2019 and, of course, this can possibly be changed again at any time. 

Are there any major planned changes to KORD after Jan 2019...ie new runways, taxiways , termials etc? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom