Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

So, lets say you're bored, and want to fly. How do you choose your destination?

I live in western Canada, so I head south in the winter.  In the fall of 2016, I toured the Caribbean then came back to western Canada briefly then I flew to Australia and toured Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific islands all winter. last fall I went to Bermuda and then headed to south America where I am now. I used the default Beech Baron for the longer flights and "rented" smaller aircraft for local "low and slow" sight seeing.  In the summer months I fly around Canada and the USA.  I use little Navmap for planning each leg depending on the time I have available for each flight. 

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

I opened a topic with the same subject some time ago, that as some good ideas, check here...

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I fly for a VA that has very flexible destinations. We're not bound by real airline routes.
As a cargo flier I simply delivery stuff to different airports. Pick flight time that matches my real life availability (always fly in 1x speed) and go for it.
Sometimes I move to a different hub and repeat the process.
For passenger flights I tend to pick cross Pacific/Atlantic routes.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Howard,

Not to take away from your efforts with Google - but - if you get tired of updating the maps - Little Navmap - scans your scenery.cfg and databases this information for you - then - in the map view you have the ability to show - only - those airports you have improved scenery for... It works like a champ... I consider the literally hundreds of ORBX freeware airports as potential destinations and it would take forever to plot them manually... After checking real world weather for what I want to fly in - my next stop is LNM to view my improved airports...

Regards,
Scott

Wow Scott, that sounds amazing. I will definitely take up your suggestion there. Many thanks. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm a member of the Virtual International Flying Club  ( VIFC ). They always have programs where there's a list of airports to be flown to. Just finished one for Italy, now starting one to fly in parts of South America. All flights are recorded, miles flown, duration, etc. The neat part is that you're rewarded with a digital patch of recognition when completed.

I also go to Google Earth depending on my mood.

You could also take a look at Ideal Flight 10 - http://www.codelegend.com/idealflight/. It has too many useful features to mention them all here. However, once you've entered details of all of your aircraft during setup, you can specify how long you want to fly and it will show you possible destinations based on specific aircraft performance. When you select a destination, it will then fully flightplan the route for you and open the sim already set up to go. It's definitely worth a look at the site to see just what it's capable of.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 10.1.2018 at 1:45 PM, scottb613 said:

Little Navmap - scans your scenery.cfg and databases this information for you - then - in the map view you have the ability to show - only - those airports you have improved scenery for... It works like a champ...

where can I find the setting for only showing airports with imrpoved scenery? Many thx for your help!

1 hour ago, felan09 said:

where can I find the setting for only showing airports with imrpoved scenery? Many thx for your help!

Hi...

Blue ON - Red OFF...

11spgkm.jpg

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Another vote for Ideal Flight 10 - a great piece of payware!

Bill

I use FSCaptain.  I have tons and tons of flights to choose from and there is always something unique happening with the flights.   Try the full featured Demo (only thing is you can take off from 6 airports to anywhere)

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Check out Destination Finder, available in the AVSIM library -- works for any sim, though it was designed for FS9. It has great flexibility and is simple to use. You can have it pick a random destination, or narrow the selection by distance, direction, or type of airport (large, small, runway length, etc.)  You may find yourself flying to places you never thought of going to, or never even heard of! Great fun.