Sign in to follow this  
PlainandSimplePaints

Clean Cockpit Textures?

21 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

haha - yep. I think the long-haulers tend to be a bit cleaner, but 737s that are being run all day to multiple destinations? Pass the hand cleaner, please...

I know one of those, too :ph34r:

Yeah the 737 is very dirty not only cockpit but whole aircraft,as explotation progresses it gets dirtier and dirtier.I remember once we removed good 2kg of dust when cleaning the aircraft.A/C is especially filled with dust and  I feel sorry for the people who breathe this air in a plane.

But this project is good because it will give factory state to the 737(same tha 747-8 will have),and some people love to fly with brand new planes.

Edited by Stefanruss

Imagine how nasty flight decks must have been back in the smoking days. Tobacco, yuch!😯

Vic green

20 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Imagine how nasty flight decks must have been back in the smoking days. Tobacco, yuch!😯

The yellow film on the gauge glasses served a vital anti glare function in the days before coatings.  Didn't help the gyros much tho--

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

To be honest, I've flown 737-800s that had only 10 or 12 hours in the tech log. Even they show some dirt and dust on them. I spend a lot of time cleaning the screens on ours when I fly as I absolutely hate finger smudges. Bit OCD....

Two-part wet and dry screen wipes are the way to go! 

One nice mod I'd love to see on the NG3 is the modified coffee protected CCS panels. They put a rubber gaiter around all the switch knobs and stuff to keep the coffee out. All of ours are being modified, mid life ones, as the new ones come with these panels already fitted.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

1 hour ago, MarkJHarris said:

CCS panels.

Whats that?

radio selector panels

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

9 minutes ago, MarkJHarris said:

radio selector panels

Center Console...something?

Kyle Rodgers

Might be the Bombardier term for the selectors? I've flown many types and you can't flush it out when you do a new type rating easily. 

Doh.

Anyway the bits I mean are the two (third one usually lurking on the rear overhead) radio selector and volume panels. There are various versions. Flying two aircraft on consecutive days with the same instrument fit is a miracle.....

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

I would like to have this option. The NGX flightdeck is disgusting.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

19 minutes ago, otreblA said:

I would like to have this option. The NGX flightdeck is disgusting.

Interestingly, we actually cleaned it up compared to the plane we took the pictures in. Real flight decks can be pretty gross, if the plane gets flown all day on multiple segments.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Interestingly, we actually cleaned it up compared to the plane we took the pictures in. Real flight decks can be pretty gross, if the plane gets flown all day on multiple segments.

I'm daily in like 10 different flight decks from over 30 different airlines we work with and I must honestly say that it reallyyyy depends on the airline.

Well here comes the part where I'm not allowed to say anything directly, so we just say that, at airlines where they speak Turkish or something east-European, for example, the flight deck, tends to be dirtier than in an airline where German is spoken.

So a cleaner option would not be that bad.

Edited by 30K
  • Like 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Dear PlainandSimplePaints,

Is there any news on the clean cockpit rextures? The rollout of my factory new NGX is imminent, of course its cockpit is brand new and perfectly clean.

Cheers ,

Tamas

59 minutes ago, onduty said:

Dear PlainandSimplePaints,

Is there any news on the clean cockpit rextures? The rollout of my factory new NGX is imminent, of course its cockpit is brand new and perfectly clean.

Cheers ,

Tamas

Pity they left the window open for a few days in the factory to let all that dust in then!