Sign in to follow this  
HPDave1950

Megasceneryearth Scotland

Does anybody know if Megascenery Earth are planning to produce a Scotland scenery?  Trying to get hold of the complete Horizon scenery for Scotland is well nigh impossible as they ceased trading soon after the release of the final package (Central Scotland) and hardly any of these packs are around. A rare copy of this pack has just sold on eBay for £84.99!

Dave

Given that they never did it for either v1 or v2.  It would seem highly unlikely that they would start at this point in time.  They did cover the island of Ireland but it was of very poor quality.  Water Masking being the main offender, followed by colours (colors for US folk).  It was cheap, however.  Guess you get what you pay for at the end of the day.  Central Scotland from Horizon was about £35 if i remember rightly, when it was released.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Amazon UK   Playsims-Publishing-VFR-Airfields-Scotland

has some stuff that may be of interest vfr from 2Pounds on that page...including scenery but not sure how good.

Harry Woodrow

Thank you guys for the info, will skip buying MSE Ireland (I have had some problems with the coastline of MSE England bleeding default scenery where there should be sea). Will buy Playsims Horizon Generation X Ireland East from Amazon instead.  Will have to keep a look out for Scotland scenery selling cheaply, North and South Scotland available but quite expensive at the moment.

Dave

Guys,

All the volumes from Horizon and Playsims are still available direct from the original developer, Paul Chaney. I have been in contact with him this past weekend, 20-21/01/18 and he has given me his contact email for anyone wishing to purchase a single volume or a full set of scenery for either FS9 or FSX. That is ten volumes for each, so, for those who thought Volume 7 for FS9 was never made, it was!

Paul has asked that I only pass on his contact details to anyone wanting to make a purchase. He can not assist if you have purchased old discs which turn out to be faulty or your original set has got scratched or otherwise damaged.

If you would like to contact Paul then please message me for his email address.

Tony

• Upvote 1

That's great news, Tony. I suspect that there will be a few users of Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery that would like to complete their collection with Volume 7.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Great news indeed, but why is Paul keeping such a low profile?

Having done all the hard work developing the scenery, why not advertise its availability and reap the rewards?

I know that's what I'd do, but then I'm a TG! :biggrin: