Sign in to follow this  
Stratto

Prepar3d v4.1 Time Resetting to Location Time

Forgive me if this has already been covered as I am unable to find if it has been resolved. My issue is that when I go to a location (anywhere in the world) the system goes to the location time (or thereabouts) which is fine. I then change the location time and P3d goes through re-loading terrain etc and shows the changed time which again is fine. What then happens is after a few minutes or sometime seconds the system reloads the locations actual time. I have made sure that the linking of time in FSUIPC5 is unticked and I have tried every configuration with the available settings. I have even made sure my settings are inentical to a colleagues and he does not have the problem. This makes me think that the problem maybe in a hidden file. Any ideas please? 

Can’t check it right now but I think that at the bottom of the screen in which you select the airport you want to go to there is a time related option, called something like Change Tim or Restore time after move. Anyway, you can tick or untick this option and then you either change the time you had, so if it is 11 AM in the sim and you are in the US and you go to France it will still be 11 AM there OR you keep the time you had, so if it is 12 AM in the sim and you are in the US and you go to France it will be something like 07 PM there. If you know what I mean. It depends on what you call keep and change... :happy:

Maybe this will solve your problem. It will eliminate the need to change the time after a move everytime anyway.

Hi Jeroen, Unfortunately I have tried that and it makes no difference. The sim just keeps re-setting to the location time. 

Hello Stratto

Try this quick step

Delete these 2 files at the location below   Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx    Both of these files are generated files and will generate again as default when Prepar3D is launched next. 

This will not effect your settings or 3rd party software (Add On's) 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ►Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 

A quick way of locating these files........

Copy the TEX below and Paste it into your windows search bar and click on the result,  This will bring you directly to the correct location

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Delete the 2 files above and then Launch Prepar3D as administrator and test.    Insure you run as administrator  

• Upvote 1

You maybe wanna also check FS Real time, great addon at a fair price, actually you can choose what do you want to pay ;)

http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Poppet, you are a legend. The problem is fixed and has resulted in a big smile at this end. Thanks for the advice. - dmarques69, no need to look at FS Real time but thanks anyway.........Stratto

I do really and have enjoyed FS Real time for a long time and was happy to see it was compatible with Pv4 once I did the change. :)

Jay Marin

Poppet (Elaine), Bad news I am afraid. When I deleted the files and started P3D it all worked fine. Since then I have turned the comp off and then rebooted the system and the problem is back again. It appears that something may be corrupting the files that I delete ??

Stratto

Hi Poppet & Others,

After my previous post and following your advice to delete the two files in c:/users/myname/appdata/local/Lockheed Martin/prepar3d v4 all worked well. But after rebooting my comp and restarting P3D the problem returned. Any ideas please?

Topics Merged Together 

Hello Stratto

That's unfortunate.  

What Add On's do you have currently Installed ? 

Do you have any Migration Tools Installed ? 

Poppet - Stratto is going away for couple of weeks holiday but will be calling in to see me today so I will advise him of your reply and he can let you know when he gets here later this afternoon 

Hi Poppet,

I am sorry but I don't know about migration tools so maybe you can educate me there?

As for Addons, I have PMDG 737 and 747, FSUIPC5 (with the time links unticked), Active Sky with ASCA, Aivlasloft EFB, ORBX Global/Vector & FTX with several airpoirts, FlyTampa Sydney and that's about it.

Chris

On 1/15/2018 at 11:41 AM, Stratto said:

Hi Poppet,

I am sorry but I don't know about migration tools so maybe you can educate me there?

As for Addons, I have PMDG 737 and 747, FSUIPC5 (with the time links unticked), Active Sky with ASCA, Aivlasloft EFB, ORBX Global/Vector & FTX with several airpoirts, FlyTampa Sydney and that's about it.

Chris

Any other ideas please?

Hello Chris

My apologies this Topic slipped me by 

I can not replicate this Issue on a default setup or with Add On's or even changing my PC system and location time. When experiencing problems like this the first thing you would do is disable your Add On's,  In your case specifically Utility Add On's like Aivlasloft EFB, FSUIPC5,  Active Sky and then test Prepar3D.   I could run you through some steps like this one Here,    But this would Involve you removing your generated folders which will disable your Add On's and reset your previous settings,  You would then Introduce your Add On's back slowly and test as you go along.  This process would not effect Orbx really,  Please see Here

There are some bug fix's and Improvements for Time \ dates \ Time zones coming for Prepar3D v4,  So you could hang on a little more and hopefully the Update would resolve this Issue.  

But In saying that if you wanted to try the above steps I would certainly help you through it