Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

KDEN, Delta moved gates, AFCAD help.

I have researched Airport design videos and am not sure I want to tackle that yet.  Are there any designers that would be interested in correcting the Gate assignments for Delta at Flightbeam KDEN? 

Thanks 

On 1/10/2018 at 3:53 PM, kenthom said:

I have researched Airport design videos and am not sure I want to tackle that yet.  Are there any designers that would be interested in correcting the Gate assignments for Delta at Flightbeam KDEN? 

Thanks 

Ken, I recommend you take the plunge and learn how to use ADE (Scruffyduck software).  It is free, powerful, easy to use and has an excellent user manual that is easy for a beginner to use.  Changing an airline code for a gate takes moments.

• Upvote 3

Dan Downs KCRP

54 minutes ago, downscc said:

Ken, I recommend you take the plunge and learn how to use ADE (Scruffyduck software).  It is free, powerful, easy to use and has an excellent user manual that is easy for a beginner to use.  Changing an airline code for a gate takes moments.

Thanks for the vote of confidence downscc.   I guess I will have to.  I looked at some videos and it didn't look all that easy to me but they were mainly designing a whole airport.  I don't want to screw anything up for a couple gate assignments.  

I plan to do the same thing for the default Colorado Springs airport (I don’t know that it has problems, but I just read through the ADE software manual and it looks doable).  I’m thinking, “what’s the worst that could happen?”.  I’ll save the original.  Then if I mess up the new file, I’ll just revert back to the original file.  Being a newbie myself, I’ll be interested to hear of your experience, kenthom... 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, kenthom said:

Thanks 

Changing a gate assignment is pretty simple. In your case first backup KDEN.bgl
Go the menu - File - Open Airport from BGL
Double click on a gate opens gate properties. Scroll to select airline, click the + symbol to add DAL. You can delete the other airline codes if desired. Click ok. Go to menu Compile Airport or Ctrl + C to compile file. File will save (compile) as something like KDEN_ADEP4_ADE.bgl. This file will replace the KDEN.bgl. Make sure you move KDEN.bgl file out of scenery folder to another location.  KDEN_ADEP4_ADE.bgl will likely save to \Airport Design Editor 175\P34\Projects.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/
https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268

Spoiler

Thanks Bills,  I will save your directions and give it a try.  I will let you know ncngrr and please do the same. I have been flying sims since 95 and have done some building in FSX with a scenery design where you just place objects but never changing AFCADs.  It is always a learning experience but we have a lot help from the knowledgeable and helpful posters on AVSIM. 

13 hours ago, kenthom said:

Thanks Bills,  I will save your directions and give it a try.  I will let you know ncngrr and please do the same. I have been flying sims since 95 and have done some building in FSX with a scenery design where you just place objects but never changing AFCADs.  It is always a learning experience but we have a lot help from the knowledgeable and helpful posters on AVSIM. 

Read the installation section of the guide carefully,  You first need to download and install the P3D SDK... I installed mine to a <P3D root>\SDK directory. Then, when you start ADE you need to set it up and give it the path to two SDK files.  The instructions are in the book.

Dan Downs KCRP