Hello,

I have a Pro Saitek Yoke with the associated throttle with a PS2 plug. The yoke is working fine but the throttle is wearing out (poor quality).

Now what if I just get another USB saitek throttle (1 unit) and use it by itself. I already have one USB throttle. How will another throttle be

recognized in Windows 7 devices???  and will this then be OK using FSUIPC5 for P3Dv4???

Did not find much info on this here so that is why I am asking.

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Anyone at all know anything about this?????

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Helmut, this is my opinion as I haven't tried specifically adding a second throttle, but I can't think of any reason why this shouldn't work. The only concern I would have is trying to power too many USB devices, depending on what all you have directly connected to your PC.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yes, you can have multiple throttle quads in Win 7 and with FSUIPC.  The latter assigns a number for each joystick so you can tell them apart.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

17 hours ago, odourboy said:

Helmut, this is my opinion as I haven't tried specifically adding a second throttle, but I can't think of any reason why this shouldn't work. The only concern I would have is trying to power too many USB devices, depending on what all you have directly connected to your PC.

Thanks, I do have a USB hub which may or may not be the best but it works, I have picked up a second USB quad today and installed ok. But let me tell you

With Logitech on the Box now, they seem to be worse now than before, loose levers. I am waiting for something better, it is a lot of frustration for me, with this junk.

Helmut Berger

18 hours ago, Hubinwa said:

Yes, you can have multiple throttle quads in Win 7 and with FSUIPC.  The latter assigns a number for each joystick so you can tell them apart.

FSUIPC can only do that if each unit has a unique ID as seen by Windows. Maybe that's why one unit has a PS2 connection and the second is USB.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 1/11/2018 at 3:48 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

FSUIPC can only do that if each unit has a unique ID as seen by Windows. Maybe that's why one unit has a PS2 connection and the second is USB.

And how can you change the ID of the second one. I'm having a similar problem. I have 2 USB throttles (no yoke) and they are both being assigned same ID, thus only one works with FSUIPC.

3 minutes ago, chad556 said:

And how can you change the ID of the second one. I'm having a similar problem. I have 2 USB throttles (no yoke) and they are both being assigned same ID, thus only one works with FSUIPC.

In short, you can’t. Saitek design on purpose with two different type of connectors to get around the problem. Easiest solution is to buy a new yoke and one throttle quadrant. Or lookout for Honeycomb units arriving Q1. Separate thread in this sub forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In short, you can’t. Saitek design on purpose with two different type of connectors to get around the problem.

Thats nuts. I cant believe a workaround has been made. Thanks Ray

15 minutes ago, chad556 said:

Thats nuts. I cant believe a workaround has been made. Thanks Ray

Probably not in Saitek's interest. But shambolic decision by them. That's why I'm biding my time for the Honeycomb units.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather