Sign in to follow this  
simbol

AI Lights Reborn and ENVTEX / ENVSHADE

We have received reports of difficulty seeing aircraft strobe and navigation lights from people using ENVTEX and ENVSHADE.  Our beta team has researched this, and found the following procedure will correct this issue:

• Uninstall FSReborn AI Lights, and remove the AI Lights folders from the Program Files and Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folders.

• Reinstall FSReborn AI Lights

• Delete the P3DV4 Shaders folder from the following location: C:\Users\[Your Computer User Name]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

• Start P3DV4, and launch into any airport, then close P3DV4 (this will rebuild and use the P3DV4 shaders).

• Open ENVDIR and reinstall the ENVTEX and ENVSHADE textures you have selected to use by clicking on the Green Arrow.  Do this for each TOGA product you have installed.

Please note you will need to repeat these steps every time you re-install or update to a new version of AI Lights Reborn.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Hi Simbol,

thanks for this heads up. Is it a recommended procedure in case this problem is found or must it be considered a standard procedure to be used by everyone having these products installed in order to have strobe and nav lights properly depicted ? I mean, I have Envtex, Envshade and FS Reborn pro and apparently everything is working fine. So I assume I should avoid making such actions ?

Is that right ?

Cheers and thanks for this great product..!!

Ezio

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

37 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

Hi Simbol,

thanks for this heads up. Is it a recommended procedure in case this problem is found or must it be considered a standard procedure to be used by everyone having these products installed in order to have strobe and nav lights properly depicted ? I mean, I have Envtex, Envshade and FS Reborn pro and apparently everything is working fine. So I assume I should avoid making such actions ?

Is that right ?

Cheers and thanks for this great product..!!

Ezio

Hi Ezio,

If you have everything running without problems you don't need to perform any action. The steps above were necessary sometimes with the free edition after re-installing it, etc.

The Professional allows you to adjust the parameters for all effects, allowing you to adapt to any Shader preset. Overcoming such limitation from the freeware

S.

Edited by simbol

Good to know.... 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply !

Ezio

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Hi Ezio,

I have ENVTEX/ENVSHADE and have had no issues throughout the beta. I looked at everything with and without ENV several times and found no big differences. Sometimes the visibility distances change a bit but you can easily overcome that with Intensity and/or Size changes.

Hope this helps!

Gerald

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Although not EnvShade, PTA has no issues..,

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0