Sign in to follow this  
socom15

installing Carenado Addons, error 0

Hey All! Hope you have had a pleasant start to the new year. 

I was wanting to reach out to the sim community and see if you can help me solve an issue that is stopping me from reinstalling my Carenado Add-on's. I have been having plenty of issues with this new computer that I rebuilt after my rig of 9 years finally died. This one is particularly vexing. 

I go to install the add on, I put the correct password, the correct username in, and i get a "0 Error  the specified serial is not valid". After rying some basic things, (turning the AV off, turning the firewall off, to name a few) I contacted the Carenado customer support. They said the reason that this is happening is that there is something blocking the access to the company server. They recommended the above fixes, none worked. They had me contact my ISP to see if their website was blocked, and that isn't not the case. I am reaching out to the sim community for help on the matter.

Does anyone know of any secondary firewall or AV that is native to the Windows 7 setup? Has anyone had this issue and figured it out? Ive seen in the forum that someone had this issue and fixed it but never said what the fix was. Any help would be great, Thanks in advance 

Might be an HTTP setting issue - Try

Control Panel, Internet Properties, Advanced, scroll down to Http Settings. Are all http options ticked especially htttp 1.1 and use through proxies. Microsoft altered these settings in a fairly recent update to Win 7. It has caught a lot of people out (me included).

Also, scroll down further to security are all TLS ticked (1.0 to 1.2)

Gordon

Gordan,

All of those were checked. Should those not be checked in order for this to work?

Zatoichi

I am not exactly sure what that is...

Ok, so a small update. I just tried to install one of the aircraft, went to the site to get the serial number, and POOF, my account is suddenly not there anymore. I know for a fact it was there last night as I started this thread. Awaiting the response of the company. I still would like to press forward on finding a fix if anyone is still willing to help. Thanks in advance. 

Davin

11 hours ago, socom15 said:

Ok, so a small update. I just tried to install one of the aircraft, went to the site to get the serial number, and POOF, my account is suddenly not there anymore. I know for a fact it was there last night as I started this thread. Awaiting the response of the company. I still would like to press forward on finding a fix if anyone is still willing to help. Thanks in advance. 

Davin

So, you cannot sign into your account with your e-mail address and password? How unbelievable unfortunate is that?  All of a sudden your e-mail address and password no longer work?  That's something like out of Area51.  It is interesting how one, like me, has never ever had a problem with Carenado and others, like you, have every issue possible.  Did you click on the forgot password?

Turning off your AV and firewall is about the most dangerous action you can ever take with a computer system.  My sister did that once and she was hit by a virus within 16 seconds.  Either the AV has to be turned on or the Firewall.  The firewall will protect you mostly.  I hope you understand how serious this could be.

When installing products, whether Carenado products or not, you may need to disable your AV depending on your AV settings.  Not everyone has to do this though.  Only those who have their settings turned up so high nothing can pass and many files are quarantined.  I don't use an anti-virus program other than Microsoft's Windows Defender which is mandatory now for Windows 10.  I just leave it at the default settings.  So far no issues.

You should also right click the setup program and select "Run As Administrator".  I have had the error before with the invalid serial number and found it was updated and went to Carenado, signed into my account and found my new serial number.  Copied and pasted into the serial number box and it was accepted at Carenado.  That happens frequently now as most of the serial numbers have been updated.  I wonder if that is part of their anti-piracy program?  I would suspect so.  Meanwhile I have updated the e-mails I received with the original SN with the new SN. 

Hopefully you will be able to get back into your account and get the new serial number.  I just went to the site and see that I can logon with no problem so, if there was an issue, it has been fixed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

ok, So the account is there, and I cant seem to get the aircraft to install still. 

Gordan, Are those boxes supposed to be checked? Are some of them supposed to be checked?

This reminds me of a problem I had recently. I had trouble logging into SOME forums. I got no errors, but after a login try I would end up back at the forum home page. What fixed it for me was to reset my ROUTER to factory defaults. I must have changed some setting or other on the router - I don't know what!!  I was able to login to all forums after the reset.

I wonder would your problem be due to something similar with your router, that a factory reset might fix??

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

pwafer, 

That didn't work. I have disabled the http 1.1 and use through proxies and all TLS ticked (1.0 to 1.2). I have tried with different combinations of them on and off, to include all checked. No dice. This is really frustrating. I cant load any of these, and Id really like to get them installed. any other suggestions?