Sign in to follow this  
PaulGR

Question regarding scenery files downloaded from Avsim library

I downloaded a very cool looking RJAA scenery.
Problem is the author did make Cargo Ramps as Parking only which means I am unable to modify GSX to work in those places.
Author is not responding to emails (upload is less than a year old) so I went to ADE to change it myself BUT I guess airport uses some custom files as I have a lot of black boxes.
How do I go around that?
Do I need to place standard mesh in those places?

**I do not know how to link to a page with that specific scenery. Always get some random stuff dunno how to get direct link.

Cheers

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

34 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Who was the author and what sim are you using?

blaustern

Ray Smith.
He did write that he thanks Victor Nauta for allowing him to use his scenery objects but I have no contact that that gentleman. 

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Pawel,

The "black Boxes" in ADE simply means the scenery file, regardless, or where or who did it, has scenery objects in it that are not found in the ADE Object Libraries so ADE is "concerned".  As long as you see the "black box" objects in your simulator correctly as what they really are, be it a building, static aircraft, taxisign, etc it is safe to compile the file with your changes.

Be warned, though, when you compile you will still get a warning that ADE has detected several "Black Box" objects.  If you carefully read the warning you will see that as long as you have the objects properly activated in your scenery files (which you do if you see them as normal objects in the sim) the compile will work and to choose "yes" to compile those black boxes, too

You will only be asked "yes" or "no" once for that airfield, so choose your answer carefully.  If you have already answered "no" you cannot go back and change your answer to "yes".  The only thing you can do (if you said "no" but meant "yes) is throw away all your hard work and start fresh.

Randy

When I do that I end up with missing scenery objects.
The original bgs is 3megs and the new compiled only 192kb.
And I do press Yes.

JsALYvw.jpg

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

17 hours ago, PaulGR said:

The original bgs is 3megs and the new compiled only 192kb.

Do you perhaps have the "Separate Airport and Object Bgl Files" checkbox checked?  

Ernest Pergrem

21 minutes ago, airernie said:

Do you perhaps have the "Separate Airport and Object Bgl Files" checkbox checked?  

Unchecked.
There is one checked by default "Compile Unknown Objects". But I'm not at home and to be honest dunno what happens if I uncheck it.

And I really don't understand why most sceneries that I downloaded from avsim have cargo ramps set as parking. 

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png