Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Great shots Nils!

I was always a FW190 fan over this famous German fighter...I wouldn't want either on my tail!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Many thanks, Steve! She is pretty hard to fly, so i´m in awe of pilots who flew it.

• Upvote 1

Bf 109 favourite great handling....all WW2 aircraft operated from grass fields...very nice shots!

HLJAMES

Nice pics. The 109 is a very striking aircraft when you see one for real, no doubt helped by the interesting camouflage German warplanes typically wore, which was pretty advanced in terms of graphic design as evidenced by the fact that similar camouflage paint schemes are often seen today, whereas one is unlikely to see the temperate land scheme of the opposing Spitfires and Hurricanes etc on anything modern.

One of the sad things about such depictions in simulators however, is that aircraft such as the 109 are often depicted not wearing the Swastika on the tail, which we know they did indeed wear. Of course there are some reasons for that, notably that in many countries it is illegal to display the N@zi symbol, but that ruling is often misunderstood in how it applies, whereby it generally is not illegal to display the symbol so long as it is for things such as film-making, historical education, artistic works, computer games etc, i.e. the ruling is intended to cover uses where it is not 'glorifying' what the N@zis did.

I don't think anyone with any sense could credibly disagree with the contention that the N@zis were bad, but revisionist history in the practice of removing references where the Swastika appeared historically, rather than educating people on the matter, is not a good idea, or as George Santayana famously said: 'Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it'. And we would certainly not want a repeat of what the N@zis did, but the fact that I can't even type the word on this forum without cheating and using the @ symbol, even when referring to it historically, is another example of where such censorship is not helpful when discussing or referring to history!

Camouflage and military markings is an interesting subject and I do often wonder if anyone is ever going to have a crack at putting Yehudi lights on an Avenger or or F4 in FSX or P3D. Those light apparently did work quite well even though they weren't widely adopted.

Anyway, love the pics. Hope you don't have as many landing accidents with it as the real thing did!

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Beautifully detailed shots.:cool:

Well said Alan!:cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Fantastic stuff!

What would Erich Hartmann (350+ confirmed kills in the Bf-109) have done with that GPS??  :)

Where did you find the airplane?

-Scott Brandenburg.

18 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Great shots Nils!

I was always a FW190 fan over this famous German fighter...I wouldn't want either on my tail!

Yeah, Steve, you would be.  An aircraft designed by a guy named "Tank" does sound tougher than one designed by "Willy".  :)   (Kurt Tank / Willy Messerschmitt)

-Scott Brandenburg.

Many thanks for the comments! I´m fascinated by the machine and the achievement of the pilots. I don´t want to advertise swastikas, so i´m glad that she hasn´t them.

It´s the MLADG 109. MLADG makes historical high quality addons, which i can highly recommend (Mig-15, L-29 etc.).

22 hours ago, psbrandenburg said:

Yeah, Steve, you would be.  An aircraft designed by a guy named "Tank" does sound tougher than one designed by "Willy".  :)   (Kurt Tank / Willy Messerschmitt)

Hey Scott....any plane with a 20mm in its armament I do not want behind me! LoL

18 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

I don´t want to advertise swastikas, so i´m glad that she hasn´t them.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:27 AM, Chock said:

I don't think anyone with any sense could credibly disagree with the contention that the N@zis were bad, but revisionist history in the practice of removing references where the Swastika appeared historically, rather than educating people on the matter, is not a good idea, or as George Santayana famously said: 'Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it'. And we would certainly not want a repeat of what the N@zis did, but the fact that I can't even type the word on this forum without cheating and using the @ symbol, even when referring to it historically, is another example of where such censorship is not helpful when discussing or referring to history!

Hey Nils and Alan,

While I wholeheartedly agree that the swastika is the symbol of an utterly evil regime and horrible period in history, to be honest I'd rather see the plane depicted as she appeared in the war as Alan mentions and concur with his views.

Sadly we can't erase that horrid time in history, but removing those symbols doesn't change the past, and to me it only forces us to remember that we've come a long way since that time, and we'll never again let a regime like that get so close to dominating the world!

If I was developing a German plane of that era, I'd give the simmers an option to display it or not...this way we'd all have our choice.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:27 AM, Chock said:

Yehudi lights on an Avenger or or F4 in FSX or P3D

That was an interesting theory Alan!  I saw a documentary on it long ago and was pretty amazed at the footage when the object really seemed to blend into the sky at a certain point!

Another interesting camouflage test program was the dazzle camouflage for ships. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg