Sign in to follow this  
Josepla

Problem with Combo 1 (original) and Linda 3.05

Hi all:

I have a problem with the combo 1 (first version) and any version of the LINDA higher than 1.13. It always blocked the CH Yoke. It starts working well, but at the moment, just 5 or 10 seconds after.... it blocks the joke and it does not work anymore. I have the throttle quadrant also, but only the yoke is blocked. 

It seems that it blocks the windows driver, although I do not know if it is motivated by the fsuipc or LINDA itself.

Thank you, in advance. 

José M. Plasencia Fuentes. 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

José Manuel Plasencia Fuentes

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Islas Canarias

Spain

Hi José

There should be nothing in LINDA 3.0.5 that would prevent your CH Yoke working. Remember that no axes (aileron/elevator) are handled by LINDA; only buttons and switches work with LINDA. You need to set these up in FSUIPC (recommended) or in your Flt Sim controls. Also ensure that only one of these is set up to handle the axes otherwise you will get very strange results. I always disable all controls in my Flt Sim and rely on FSUIPC.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for your answer...

So, I understood I have to disconnect all the the controls (Yoke, and throttle), in the Flight Simulator and use FSUIPC instead? But, why does it works fine (with the Linda version 1.3), without having to disconnect the joke in the SIM? 

Only happen when I change the Linda to a new version.

The problem is that if I use the 1.3 version, only the PMDG 737 NGX works. It does not work with other PMDG products or aerosoft Airbus series.... So I would like to change to the lates version. 

I will try to disconnect in the control in the simulator..... 

Thank you.- 

Spain

You do not mention what Flt Sim or FSUIPC versions you are using.  The minimum versions of FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5 have changed for LINDA 3.0.5. These are 4.972 and 5.122 respectively (the latest version downloadable from http://forum.simflight.com/forum/142-download-links/).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yes, I have the latest Fsuipc (4.972) version and the program is FSX.

I have disconnected the Control in FSX, and still have the same problem.

I just restarted the computer and install the linda 1.3 again... and now works fine.

The problem is with the linda last version 3.05

Thanks in advance

Edited by Josepla
Add something new

Spain

The problem seems that the windows control driver for CH Yoke blocks after some seconds with whatever version higher than 1.3. I tried to calibrate the Yoke in windows and it doesn't work. It doesn't move. Perhaps it is something when it assign a code to the HID device ?

Thanks.

Spain

That's fine. The only way I can assist you further is for you to install LINDA 3.0.5 and run the Fault Diagnosis thread procedure and send me the logs. Please read carefully so I get the full debugging information.

You say your CH Yoke is not working but have not explained what is not working. Is it the axes or the buttons? Did you backup your LINDA 1.13 installation and copy back your config-hid.lua file(s).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Just now, Josepla said:

The problem seems that the windows control driver for CH Yoke blocks after some seconds with whatever version higher than 1.3. I tried to calibrate the Yoke in windows and it doesn't work. It doesn't move. Perhaps it is something when it assign a code to the HID device ?

Thanks.

You should not be using any CH control software as this would interfere with LINDA/FSUIPC. I have the same yoke and have never used any windows control driver. Mine works perfectly.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Sorry, perhaps I did not explain correctly. I am not using any CH program.. ... just the windows drivers itself. The one when you connect the Yoke or Throttle. This driver get hanged up. In fact, if I run the Xplane, after using the Linda last version with FSX, it does not detect the controls in Xplane...... So the Yoke does not work anymore at all, until I restart the computer. 

But the good news is that I installed in the linda 1.3 version, some new aircraft modules... and now works fine.... I can use all the PMDG aircraft I got ( B737, B777,B747, and also MD11 ).

I will try to reinstall the last version and get more information with the Fault Diagnosis, and I will send you.

Thanks.

JMPF

Spain