Sign in to follow this  
jothanon

Sky Force and integration with other apps

5 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

how do you "knock all these of running on your core 0&1."?

thanks for explaining!

Don't know how its done in WIN 10 but win 7 i use Ctrl+Alt+Delete = task manager>processes, find name of app> right click set infinity>untick 0-1. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Don't know how its done in WIN 10 but win 7 i use Ctrl+Alt+Delete = task manager>processes, find name of app> right click set infinity>untick 0-1. 

You do know that Process Lasso can do this for you once and for all? 

I have profile for HT on and off for each program and Lasso do the trick upon startup 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes I did Michael, but cannot bring myself to buy it lol.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes I did Michael, but cannot bring myself to buy it lol.

There are alternative tools. Easytoolz

https://easytoolz.net/easytoolz/

does AM settings and is free (but Germany language...).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Will have a look thank you 

10 hours ago, B777ER said:

I have found if enhanced overcast is on in SF and you have a large area of overcast it really taxes your system, even at 512 resolution. In ASCA they have a specific slider for overcast and it works much better IMO than SF overcast performance wise.

We are adding options for this in an upcoming build.

• Upvote 4

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi Nyxx

Thanks for all your efforts -does it now call for a “Poppet” worksheet for the more amateur members trying to get everything in “sync”?

Just kidding-a Nyxx list of bullet points pulling all the relevant points together would be a help or are we all still evaluating the various systems?

xxd09

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Hi Nyxx

Thanks for all your efforts -does it now call for a “Poppet” worksheet for the more amateur members trying to get everything in “sync”?

Just kidding-a Nyxx list of bullet points pulling all the relevant points together would be a help or are we all still evaluating the various systems?

xxd09

I would much appreciate a Nyxx-made Poppet-style itmized list. :dry: I have been following all those discussions around SF, AS2016, ASCA, and Envtex (which I all own) with interest, but found the host of - at times contradicting - material a bit daunting.

One special aspect: Envtex was left out from some of the considerations. I have seen beautiful shots with clear blue skies in some of those dozen topics. I always get a mere grey heaven when using Envtex sky textures. Maybe this aspect could be touched upon as well?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Very Kind words guys, thank you.

You just want skies like this that show clouds drawn out to the horizon don't you :biggrin:

I will see what I can do guys. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You just want skies like this that show clouds drawn out to the horizon don't you :biggrin:

I will see what I can do guys. 

Maybe not everyone, but I wouldn't mind :dry:

Thanks again and kind regards, Michael

REX td and soft clounds hasn't been mentioned .I am assuming its pretty well redundant as far as clouds are concerned?

1 hour ago, jothanon said:

REX td and soft clounds hasn't been mentioned .I am assuming its pretty well redundant as far as clouds are concerned?

Soft clouds would no longer be needed with SkyForce but REX TD could still be used for the runway textures, etc.  Sky textures are also included with SF3D so you would not need to use TD for that either.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi,

I'm surprised no mention has been made of PTA Integration while using Sky Force 3D - see pages 72-74 of the User Manual.

There is still some confusion surrounding the use of various Sky Sets along with PTA Presets. Unless the Preset has been 'tuned' to deliver the desired results along with a particular chosen Sky Texture Set then your results are likely to be both inconsistent and, at times, unsatisfactory. Yes, you may be fortunate in that your combination may produce a good and realistic balance of lighting and colour for some of the time, but this is unlikely to hold true for all situations.

It would appear that REX have recognised this problem and have produced a series of Presets each of which has been configured to be used with a dedicated REX Sky Texture Set. When you choose a particular supplied Preset it will install the appropriate Sky Set automatically with the aim of achieving optimal results for most of the time. The only thing to be aware of is that these Presets have been set up using the default initial Prepar3D HDR Settings: 1.10, 1.00 and 0.8 and so it's likely you may need to adjust to around those values to achieve your preferred balance of acceptability.

Mike

9 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi,

I'm surprised no mention has been made of PTA Integration while using Sky Force 3D - see pages 72-74 of the User Manual.

There is still some confusion surrounding the use of various Sky Sets along with PTA Presets. Unless the Preset has been 'tuned' to deliver the desired results along with a particular chosen Sky Texture Set then your results are likely to be both inconsistent and, at times, unsatisfactory. Yes, you may be fortunate in that your combination may produce a good and realistic balance of lighting and colour for some of the time, but this is unlikely to hold true for all situations.

It would appear that REX have recognised this problem and have produced a series of Presets each of which has been configured to be used with a dedicated REX Sky Texture Set. When you choose a particular supplied Preset it will install the appropriate Sky Set automatically with the aim of achieving optimal results for most of the time. The only thing to be aware of is that these Presets have been set up using the default initial Prepar3D HDR Settings: 1.10, 1.00 and 0.8 and so it's likely you may need to adjust to around those values to achieve your preferred balance of acceptability.

Mike

Good point

Good point indeed because it means that if you want to use SF PTA presets you should disable ASCA skies otherwise ASCA will overwrite the SF sky texture that comes with the PTA preset. Something to be aware off. ;) I myself like the dynamic ENVTX/ASCA skies too much and I am also happy with my current PTA preset so I just don't bother with the SF skies. I am really only using SF for the clouds.