Sign in to follow this  
jothanon

Sky Force and integration with other apps

5 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

how do you "knock all these of running on your core 0&1."?

thanks for explaining!

Don't know how its done in WIN 10 but win 7 i use Ctrl+Alt+Delete = task manager>processes, find name of app> right click set infinity>untick 0-1. 

David Murden.  P3D v4.5 

FSL A320 A319 : PMDG NG / 747-8F / 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :

DCS: AV-8B Harrier: :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet  : Now we're talking!

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.     My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Don't know how its done in WIN 10 but win 7 i use Ctrl+Alt+Delete = task manager>processes, find name of app> right click set infinity>untick 0-1. 

You do know that Process Lasso can do this for you once and for all? 

I have profile for HT on and off for each program and Lasso do the trick upon startup 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes I did Michael, but cannot bring myself to buy it lol.

David Murden.  P3D v4.5 

DCS: AV-8B Harrier: :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet  : Now we're talking!

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.     My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes I did Michael, but cannot bring myself to buy it lol.

There are alternative tools. Easytoolz

https://easytoolz.net/easytoolz/

does AM settings and is free (but Germany language...).

Kind regards, Michael

Prepar3d Professional v4, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl; AeroflyFS2 Freeware Scenery List

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus Z170 / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel /ACER AH101 Headset / Win 10/64

Will have a look thank you 

David Murden.  P3D v4.5 

10 hours ago, B777ER said:

I have found if enhanced overcast is on in SF and you have a large area of overcast it really taxes your system, even at 512 resolution. In ASCA they have a specific slider for overcast and it works much better IMO than SF overcast performance wise.

We are adding options for this in an upcoming build.

• Upvote 4

tfuchsavsim.jpg

Hi Nyxx

Thanks for all your efforts -does it now call for a “Poppet” worksheet for the more amateur members trying to get everything in “sync”?

Just kidding-a Nyxx list of bullet points pulling all the relevant points together would be a help or are we all still evaluating the various systems?

xxd09

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Hi Nyxx

Thanks for all your efforts -does it now call for a “Poppet” worksheet for the more amateur members trying to get everything in “sync”?

Just kidding-a Nyxx list of bullet points pulling all the relevant points together would be a help or are we all still evaluating the various systems?

xxd09

I would much appreciate a Nyxx-made Poppet-style itmized list. :dry: I have been following all those discussions around SF, AS2016, ASCA, and Envtex (which I all own) with interest, but found the host of - at times contradicting - material a bit daunting.

One special aspect: Envtex was left out from some of the considerations. I have seen beautiful shots with clear blue skies in some of those dozen topics. I always get a mere grey heaven when using Envtex sky textures. Maybe this aspect could be touched upon as well?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Prepar3d Professional v4, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl; AeroflyFS2 Freeware Scenery List

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus Z170 / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel /ACER AH101 Headset / Win 10/64

Very Kind words guys, thank you.

You just want skies like this that show clouds drawn out to the horizon don't you :biggrin:

I will see what I can do guys. 

• Upvote 1

David Murden.  P3D v4.5 

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You just want skies like this that show clouds drawn out to the horizon don't you :biggrin:

I will see what I can do guys. 

Maybe not everyone, but I wouldn't mind :dry:

Thanks again and kind regards, Michael

REX td and soft clounds hasn't been mentioned .I am assuming its pretty well redundant as far as clouds are concerned?

1 hour ago, jothanon said:

REX td and soft clounds hasn't been mentioned .I am assuming its pretty well redundant as far as clouds are concerned?

Soft clouds would no longer be needed with SkyForce but REX TD could still be used for the runway textures, etc.  Sky textures are also included with SF3D so you would not need to use TD for that either.

Eric

P3D v4.5    i7-6700k @ 4.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 32GB ddr4 RAM, 1TB EVO 850 SSD, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 10

Hi,

I'm surprised no mention has been made of PTA Integration while using Sky Force 3D - see pages 72-74 of the User Manual.

There is still some confusion surrounding the use of various Sky Sets along with PTA Presets. Unless the Preset has been 'tuned' to deliver the desired results along with a particular chosen Sky Texture Set then your results are likely to be both inconsistent and, at times, unsatisfactory. Yes, you may be fortunate in that your combination may produce a good and realistic balance of lighting and colour for some of the time, but this is unlikely to hold true for all situations.

It would appear that REX have recognised this problem and have produced a series of Presets each of which has been configured to be used with a dedicated REX Sky Texture Set. When you choose a particular supplied Preset it will install the appropriate Sky Set automatically with the aim of achieving optimal results for most of the time. The only thing to be aware of is that these Presets have been set up using the default initial Prepar3D HDR Settings: 1.10, 1.00 and 0.8 and so it's likely you may need to adjust to around those values to achieve your preferred balance of acceptability.

Mike

My rig: ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, i7-5960X (Dynamic OC 4.6 GHz - all cores, HT=ON, AM=4085), Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT Cooler with 2xNoctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm fans, G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 3000, ASUS GTX 1080Ti ROG STRIX 11GB, GDDR5X (Driver versions: 419.67 (Win7), 441.12 (Win10)), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x4, Samsung 970 EVO 2TB V-NAND M.2, LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BDRW, EVGA 1200 P2 Watt PSU, Cooler Master HAF X, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q (G-Sync) monitor at 120Hz. Windows 7 Pro 64bit / Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Dual Boot), Prepar3D v4.5.12.30293.

9 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi,

I'm surprised no mention has been made of PTA Integration while using Sky Force 3D - see pages 72-74 of the User Manual.

There is still some confusion surrounding the use of various Sky Sets along with PTA Presets. Unless the Preset has been 'tuned' to deliver the desired results along with a particular chosen Sky Texture Set then your results are likely to be both inconsistent and, at times, unsatisfactory. Yes, you may be fortunate in that your combination may produce a good and realistic balance of lighting and colour for some of the time, but this is unlikely to hold true for all situations.

It would appear that REX have recognised this problem and have produced a series of Presets each of which has been configured to be used with a dedicated REX Sky Texture Set. When you choose a particular supplied Preset it will install the appropriate Sky Set automatically with the aim of achieving optimal results for most of the time. The only thing to be aware of is that these Presets have been set up using the default initial Prepar3D HDR Settings: 1.10, 1.00 and 0.8 and so it's likely you may need to adjust to around those values to achieve your preferred balance of acceptability.

Mike

Good point

Good point indeed because it means that if you want to use SF PTA presets you should disable ASCA skies otherwise ASCA will overwrite the SF sky texture that comes with the PTA preset. Something to be aware off. ;) I myself like the dynamic ENVTX/ASCA skies too much and I am also happy with my current PTA preset so I just don't bother with the SF skies. I am really only using SF for the clouds.