Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

A bun in the oven...

Hi Folks,

So it starts - had to open PSP last night - didn't I - I couldn't have left it alone ?

That's one hand drawn vector (Bezier Curve) flag - for the uninitiated - that means it was a PITA...

:tongue:

xqmj4z.jpg

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Wow Scott -- looks great!

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks - always nice to see you posting...

I see our little forum is now "Official" - - - need to slap a logo on the avatar for the forum - I couldn't find it at first...

Here is the rest of what this - should - look like when done - one for the freight dogs... LOL - I hate painting pin stripes...

N27TT.jpg

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Man, that was a great company, great group of guys and gals to go out with. One of my good friends, now a FedEx MD11 guy cut his teeth over there. 

Hi Ryan,

Yeah - my CFI worked for them out of Bradley CT - I got to climb in the cockpit when we stopped there on a night cross country... They are tiny... Perhaps that's why I have an affinity for AirNet...

Regards,
Scott

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I see our little forum is now "Official

Would be great if could be sorted to sub-forums for each Airplane,

come-on Scott your just the guy for the job,

bob

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, onebob said:

Would be great if could be sorted to sub-forums for each Airplane,

come-on Scott your just the guy for the job,

bob

Perfect. Sub forum for the 35 enthusiasts. Maybe even freight dogs!!!

Alright! It's going to be great to have this livery in action again! I used to fly the heck of an AirNet livery on an older FS2000 Freeware lear. I probably put 200+ hours on that plane alone dreaming about being a freight dog. Can't wait to for some night hops in the snow!

• Upvote 2

Hi Folks,

Thanks one and all for the encouragement/motivation - I was hoping this was a highly desirable paint and I knew the flag was going to be the most work - about six hours - the rest should go relatively quickly...

Anyone know what that ribbon decal is right behind the entry ? It's in a bunch of shots but I can't make it out... The resolution I have to work with might make it illegible anyway...

Yeah - a couple sub-forums sounds good to me - (maybe one for the Lear, MU-2, Falcon, then the legacy products ?) but - I am merely a happy customer - not associated with FSW in anyway... And I truly hate that Dovetail stole our acronym...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Oh - [word not allowed] - LOL - in addition to the rudder - the tip tanks are mirrored as well - meaning no text can appear on them or the opposite side will be mirrored backwards text as well - man - I’m a bit of a perfectionist with painting and that just takes the wind right from your sails... It takes so much time to do this you want it to be right... I’ll still finish it - but - aaarrrgh - no catch phrase on the tip tanks - sorry...

I found what the ribbon is for - 911 - “we remember”...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks one and all for the encouragement/motivation - I was hoping this was a highly desirable paint and I knew the flag was going to be the most work - about six hours - the rest should go relatively quickly...

Anyone know what that ribbon decal is right behind the entry ? It's in a bunch of shots but I can't make it out... The resolution I have to work with might make it illegible anyway...

Yeah - a couple sub-forums sounds good to me - (maybe one for the Lear, MU-2, Falcon, then the legacy products ?) but - I am merely a happy customer - not associated with FSW in anyway... And I truly hate that Dovetail stole our acronym...

Regards,
Scott

Nice hop today from Grand Bahama to Nantucket with the 35 and Scott's Air-net livery. IMC at both ends. Sporty crosswind at ACK. Took a nice screen shot with Nantucket terminal and Cape Air 402 in the background but I can't figure out how to post it...AAARRRGGHHHH. :(

• Upvote 1

Hi Rick,

Yeah - you have to use third party hosting - I got burned bad with the Photo Bucket debacle - lost tons of links - there are a few sites that still host for free - I’ve been using “tinypic” lately - you don’t even need an account... Once you upload your pix to the site - copy the tag with the “IMG” on both ends and paste it in the forum where you want the image to appear... If you ever want access to the image again on the tiny pic site - you need to create an account first - if not - just upload - copy the tag - and forget it... I don’t post pix very often anymore - I used to do whole trip reports with images...

Sounds like a good flight - I do use the Lear in IMC a bunch... Last time I was racing a storm into Sun Valley and the storm won - had to go missed and hit the alternate... Pocatello if I recall correctly - both ORBX Freeware... I love Bill’s Nantucket scenery - I spend a lot of time there as well...

Regards,

Scott

16 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

Nice hop today from Grand Bahama to Nantucket with the 35 and Scott's Air-net livery. IMC at both ends. Sporty crosswind at ACK. Took a nice screen shot with Nantucket terminal and Cape Air 402 in the background but I can't figure out how to post it...AAARRRGGHHHH. :(