Washington D.C.
Washington Dulles International Airport
IAD/KIAD

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 1/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks one and all for the encouragement/motivation - I was hoping this was a highly desirable paint and I knew the flag was going to be the most work - about six hours - the rest should go relatively quickly...

Anyone know what that ribbon decal is right behind the entry ? It's in a bunch of shots but I can't make it out... The resolution I have to work with might make it illegible anyway...

Yeah - a couple sub-forums sounds good to me - (maybe one for the Lear, MU-2, Falcon, then the legacy products ?) but - I am merely a happy customer - not associated with FSW in anyway... And I truly hate that Dovetail stole our acronym...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

What a great paint...You should have released it 4th July....Can I get a copy please. That will tart my girl up.

What do you repaint with? I notice you displayed her on Model ConverterX ? 

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

1 hour ago, por930 said:

Hi Scott,

What a great paint...You should have released it 4th July....Can I get a copy please. That will tart my girl up.

What do you repaint with? I notice you displayed her on Model ConverterX ? 

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the feedback...

Yeah - I still have some stuff I need to finish - but - I'll upload it here when done with the rest of my paints...

I use three tools to paint:

• Corel Paint Shop Pro X9
  • Nvidia's DDS Plugin
  • Arno's Model Converter X

I'm not as prolific as some - but I've been painting in various sims for more than 15 years with PSP - I like it better than Photo Shop (which I've used) and it doesn't come with a subscription fee...

MCX just lets me view my changes light years faster than loading up the sim each time to see how they look... Honestly - cuts tons of hours off the effort... It also provides a perfect side profile shot so you can see if your lines are straight...

I should have it finished sometime next week... I'll post here when done...

Regards,

Scott

Love those destinations. well, not withstanding, Air-Net made a trip today from Naples KAPF to TFFF Fort de France. I operate out of Naples in the winter. :)

41 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

Love those destinations. well, not withstanding, Air-Net made a trip today from Naples KAPF to TFFF Fort de France. I operate out of Naples in the winter. :)

Hi Rick,

Sound like you’re enjoying her - good deal...

Do you have Al’s LUA scripts - they allow your to assign key strokes or button presses to almost all the critical functions in the cockpit - sure beats being heads down in this little rocket trying to mouse click the VC during busy phases of flight... They do require a paid version of FSUIPC to use though...

Regards,

Scott

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Rick,

Sound like you’re enjoying her - good deal...

Do you have Al’s LUA scripts - they allow your to assign key strokes or button presses to almost all the critical functions in the cockpit - sure beats being heads down in this little rocket trying to mouse click the VC during busy phases of flight... They do require a paid version of FSUIPC to use though...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott:

Wow! I sure would like to have a way to actuate the nose wheel steering without looking down to the button on the console. As you know, it is a tiny little button and I'm usually stowing the reversers, applying foot brakes, looking for the turnoff, and answering ground all at the same time looking for the button. And no FO. :) I do have a paid FSUIPC. The only LUA script I have is the friction. So where would I find these scripts?

Thanks and best regards

Rick

11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the feedback...

Yeah - I still have some stuff I need to finish - but - I'll upload it here when done with the rest of my paints...

I use three tools to paint:

• Corel Paint Shop Pro X9
  • Nvidia's DDS Plugin
  • Arno's Model Converter X

I'm not as prolific as some - but I've been painting in various sims for more than 15 years with PSP - I like it better than Photo Shop (which I've used) and it doesn't come with a subscription fee...

MCX just lets me view my changes light years faster than loading up the sim each time to see how they look... Honestly - cuts tons of hours off the effort... It also provides a perfect side profile shot so you can see if your lines are straight...

I should have it finished sometime next week... I'll post here when done...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Excellent you use PSP. I have this as well, but tarting up photos etc and some times tried repaints with it using Photoshop guides, but got hopelessly lost so always gave up. Usually when some one says, 'you just do this", or, "simply do this" I mostly do not find it simple, as often there is several intermediary steps not mentioned. Have you ever recorded the steps to a repaint job using PSP? I have only ever seen one you tube tutorial for PSP repaints, but again, it cut a few corners to get to the next point fully.

I usually use AI Aircraft Editor.net, as while used when creating AI traffic, is great for checking flyable a/c as well. I will check out MCX.  

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

33 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

Hi Scott:

Wow! I sure would like to have a way to actuate the nose wheel steering without looking down to the button on the console. As you know, it is a tiny little button and I'm usually stowing the reversers, applying foot brakes, looking for the turnoff, and answering ground all at the same time looking for the button. And no FO. :) I do have a paid FSUIPC. The only LUA script I have is the friction. So where would I find these scripts?

Thanks and best regards

Rick

Rick,

PM me an email address and I'll send you one script that will let you assign a button or key to each of about 18 L35 functions including toggling the steering mode. This script essentially incorporates the individual scripts that Scott mentioned into one script -- just more convenient to use because there are less Lua files to deal with.

Al

On 1/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, scottb613 said:

for the uninitiated - that means it was a PITA

I'm quite initiated in the ways of Paint Shop Pro :smile:, and I concur, Bezier Curves and working with vectors...BPITA! :wink:

Oh...and pin stripes too...RPITA!

On 1/12/2018 at 4:19 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Oh - [word not allowed] - LOL - in addition to the rudder - the tip tanks are mirrored as well - meaning no text can appear on them or the opposite side will be mirrored backwards text as well - man - I’m a bit of a perfectionist with painting and that just takes the wind right from your sails... It takes so much time to do this you want it to be right... I’ll still finish it - but - aaarrrgh - no catch phrase on the tip tanks - sorry...

I found what the ribbon is for - 911 - “we remember”...

Regards,

Scott

Scott....yea..mirrored parts on a texture map will make you want to quit painting!  Especially parts that are frequently logo'd or written on.  I can see the rationale for mirroring parts that are small, rarely seen and painted, but the rudder and tip tanks, c'mon!  Looking at the map i believe it would have been easy to halve the size of those crucial parts on the map and assign each one to a side if you were concerned about added another map due to space concerns.

Here is what I think it would look like (or close to it)....the right map is the original and the left is what I'd propose to resolve the issue.  The Lear deserves this update! :)

tcdjzC.jpg

If Flysimware is reading...this needs to be fixed if you ever want more painters to paint this plane, which in turn creates more interest in the product, which in turn, well, you know. :wink:  

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

SCOTT!!!! WOW; it looks AMAZING!!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on her. That plane is going places (on the list)!!!!

Of course, if you pull this off, we'll all be bugging you constantly for more paints.... :-)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

9 hours ago, rightseat said:

SCOTT!!!! WOW; it looks AMAZING!!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on her. That plane is going places (on the list)!!!!

Of course, if you pull this off, we'll all be bugging you constantly for more paints.... :-)

Hi Steve,

Why - yes - yes you are...

:tongue:

Yeah - I've done some 3D modeling as well - so yep - I can understand the desire to keep texture sheets to a minimum and not wanting to start a new one if you only have a couple parts left over... Those tip tanks take a considerable amount of texture real estate as they are - the pixel density seems higher than the fuselage which seems odd if it can't support text... Nice work hobbling up an alternative... You know those tip tanks are going to stand out like a sore thumb to me every time I fly this paint...

Yep - a good paint makes all the difference in the world to me and can dramatically change my opinion of a model - going back to the default "John Denver" paint they included in much of the Flysimware advertising - it really turned me off - and stopped me from buying this aircraft for a long time (nothing against the painter - just the scheme designer - lol - realize it was the 70's)... Concur - continued releases of new paints for older models - keeps the interest high - is free marketing - so developers should do all they can to foster that relationship with us freeware painters...

One thing I've only recently noticed is that I need to tone down the whites on all my Lear paints - as with HDR and PTA/ENVSHADE - they are glaringly too white in the sim... LOL - the question then becomes how much is right - I'm still playing around with it... Currently added a black "multiply" shade to the entire texture set as 20 for visibility... Seems to cut down the glare a bit - looks pretty good in the sim - and make the side facing the sun actually visible again...

Hah - I finally figured out how to eliminate those dang blasted advertising pop-ups from PSP... Much better now...

Hi Scott,

LOL - yeah - I figured you'd like this paint - I came across your request and I had a few more people request it as well a while back... I thought it might be popular with the community... The flag is what gave me pause - but - I'm pretty happy with the way it came out... While researching this plane - I came across a post where it mentioned they painted this whole scheme in response to 9/11... Gotta respect a company for that... Sadly - I think most of the AirNet lears are now in the bone yard - I've seen a bunch of pix sans engine nacelles and wings still proudly flying their logo - probably just used up with all the miles they must have logged... Without the small/cheap/fast/cargo Lears - makes you wonder what a company trying to fill a similar niche would turn to today - doesn't seem to be a jet made with those qualities now... I recall a comment that stated the little Lear's provided the fastest means to get between two points for the least amount of money... Thanks for the enthusiasm...

Regards,
Scott  

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2018 at 2:44 AM, silverheels2 said:

Hi Scott:

Thanks and best regards

Rick

If you have my mods installed, the NWS key is Shift+N.

22 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Here is what I think it would look like (or close to it)....the right map is the original and the left is what I'd propose to resolve the issue.  The Lear deserves this update! :)

If Flysimware is reading...this needs to be fixed if you ever want more painters to paint this plane, which in turn creates more interest in the product, which in turn, well, you know. :wink:  

And who's gonna update all the paints out there? :p

Changing the texture mapping is a huge deal and I'd rather live with the drawback than having incompatible paints out there and endlessly replying to the same dumb question why some paints won't look right.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

And who's gonna update all the paints out there? :p

Hey Bjoern,

The original painters of course. :)   It would not take that long and would bring this product up several levels in accuracy with new texture mapping and restore the enthusiasm painters lost in this product when they learned that they could not create an accurate repaint of their favorite livery. :mellow:

Let's hope the Flysimware team is watching and takes the suggestions to heart.  I know for me personally I've been eyeing a few paints I'd like to do as I'm starting to get into this awesome jet and would like to paint (and share) one or two liveries.  I won't even lay the textures onto the the maps to mock it up until I can paint the whole plane accurately. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Bjoern,

The original painters of course. :)   It would not take that long and would bring this product up several levels in accuracy with new texture mapping and restore the enthusiasm painters lost in this product when they learned that they could not create an accurate repaint of their favorite livery. :mellow:

Let's hope the Flysimware team is watching and takes the suggestions to heart.  I know for me personally I've been eyeing a few paints I'd like to do as I'm starting to get into this awesome jet and would like to paint (and share) one or two liveries.  I won't even lay the textures onto the the maps to mock it up until I can paint the whole plane accurately. :wink:

Shoot Flysimware an e-mail and see what they say. I rate the chances of success as slim because the Lear is pretty much bug free and any further updates will take a while. The devs are busy with their next project.

And absolutely do not underestimate the issue of compatibility. It may be nigh impossible to draw some painters out from under their rocks to improve upon a minor thing and go through the reuploading process again.

Also, to make FSW's effort worthwhile, there should be much more than one or two paints as compensation.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days