scottb613

A bun in the oven...

19 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

9 hours ago, rightseat said:

SCOTT!!!! WOW; it looks AMAZING!!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on her. That plane is going places (on the list)!!!!

Of course, if you pull this off, we'll all be bugging you constantly for more paints.... :-)

Hi Steve,

Why - yes - yes you are...

:tongue:

Yeah - I've done some 3D modeling as well - so yep - I can understand the desire to keep texture sheets to a minimum and not wanting to start a new one if you only have a couple parts left over... Those tip tanks take a considerable amount of texture real estate as they are - the pixel density seems higher than the fuselage which seems odd if it can't support text... Nice work hobbling up an alternative... You know those tip tanks are going to stand out like a sore thumb to me every time I fly this paint...

Yep - a good paint makes all the difference in the world to me and can dramatically change my opinion of a model - going back to the default "John Denver" paint they included in much of the Flysimware advertising - it really turned me off - and stopped me from buying this aircraft for a long time (nothing against the painter - just the scheme designer - lol - realize it was the 70's)... Concur - continued releases of new paints for older models - keeps the interest high - is free marketing - so developers should do all they can to foster that relationship with us freeware painters...

One thing I've only recently noticed is that I need to tone down the whites on all my Lear paints - as with HDR and PTA/ENVSHADE - they are glaringly too white in the sim... LOL - the question then becomes how much is right - I'm still playing around with it... Currently added a black "multiply" shade to the entire texture set as 20 for visibility... Seems to cut down the glare a bit - looks pretty good in the sim - and make the side facing the sun actually visible again...

Hah - I finally figured out how to eliminate those dang blasted advertising pop-ups from PSP... Much better now...

Hi Scott,

LOL - yeah - I figured you'd like this paint - I came across your request and I had a few more people request it as well a while back... I thought it might be popular with the community... The flag is what gave me pause - but - I'm pretty happy with the way it came out... While researching this plane - I came across a post where it mentioned they painted this whole scheme in response to 9/11... Gotta respect a company for that... Sadly - I think most of the AirNet lears are now in the bone yard - I've seen a bunch of pix sans engine nacelles and wings still proudly flying their logo - probably just used up with all the miles they must have logged... Without the small/cheap/fast/cargo Lears - makes you wonder what a company trying to fill a similar niche would turn to today - doesn't seem to be a jet made with those qualities now... I recall a comment that stated the little Lear's provided the fastest means to get between two points for the least amount of money... Thanks for the enthusiasm...

Regards,
Scott  

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 1/14/2018 at 2:44 AM, silverheels2 said:

Hi Scott:

Wow! I sure would like to have a way to actuate the nose wheel steering without looking down to the button on the console. As you know, it is a tiny little button and I'm usually stowing the reversers, applying foot brakes, looking for the turnoff, and answering ground all at the same time looking for the button. And no FO. :) I do have a paid FSUIPC. The only LUA script I have is the friction. So where would I find these scripts?

Thanks and best regards

Rick

If you have my mods installed, the NWS key is Shift+N.

22 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Here is what I think it would look like (or close to it)....the right map is the original and the left is what I'd propose to resolve the issue.  The Lear deserves this update! :)

If Flysimware is reading...this needs to be fixed if you ever want more painters to paint this plane, which in turn creates more interest in the product, which in turn, well, you know. :wink:  

And who's gonna update all the paints out there? :p

Changing the texture mapping is a huge deal and I'd rather live with the drawback than having incompatible paints out there and endlessly replying to the same dumb question why some paints won't look right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

And who's gonna update all the paints out there? :p

Hey Bjoern,

The original painters of course. :)   It would not take that long and would bring this product up several levels in accuracy with new texture mapping and restore the enthusiasm painters lost in this product when they learned that they could not create an accurate repaint of their favorite livery. :mellow:

Let's hope the Flysimware team is watching and takes the suggestions to heart.  I know for me personally I've been eyeing a few paints I'd like to do as I'm starting to get into this awesome jet and would like to paint (and share) one or two liveries.  I won't even lay the textures onto the the maps to mock it up until I can paint the whole plane accurately. :wink:

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Bjoern,

The original painters of course. :)   It would not take that long and would bring this product up several levels in accuracy with new texture mapping and restore the enthusiasm painters lost in this product when they learned that they could not create an accurate repaint of their favorite livery. :mellow:

Let's hope the Flysimware team is watching and takes the suggestions to heart.  I know for me personally I've been eyeing a few paints I'd like to do as I'm starting to get into this awesome jet and would like to paint (and share) one or two liveries.  I won't even lay the textures onto the the maps to mock it up until I can paint the whole plane accurately. :wink:

Shoot Flysimware an e-mail and see what they say. I rate the chances of success as slim because the Lear is pretty much bug free and any further updates will take a while. The devs are busy with their next project.

And absolutely do not underestimate the issue of compatibility. It may be nigh impossible to draw some painters out from under their rocks to improve upon a minor thing and go through the reuploading process again.

Also, to make FSW's effort worthwhile, there should be much more than one or two paints as compensation.

This is looking great, Scott.  Really well done!

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the feedback - I’m pretty much done - just need a few pictures to finish my uploads off - hopefully tonight or tomorrow... LOL - It’s a pain making the uploads which I suspect is part of the reason you didn’t get all your great paints uploaded...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to it, Scott!

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the feedback - I’m pretty much done - just need a few pictures to finish my uploads off - hopefully tonight or tomorrow... LOL - It’s a pain making the uploads which I suspect is part of the reason you didn’t get all your great paints uploaded...

Regards,

Scott

Lol, that is exactly it 😝