Sign in to follow this  
Eamonn Watson

Interest in RTW2018

To all racers,

Hope everyone had a great holiday and a happy new year!!!!

With about 36ish days to the next RTW race, I'm trying to gauge interest in the race.  Of the 3 teams that usually participate, I'm not sure if flightsim.com will be able to field a team this year so that probably leaves 2 teams.  Interest in this event has been slowly dwindling each year and if something isn't done to re-invigorate this event, I fear it may be over.

Even we in the Executive team aren't sure if this year a race will proceed or not, hence I'm trying to see if there is want of it.  If enough are interested, we can see what we can do to pull together an event this year.

If you wish to add ideas on how to reinvigorate this event, you can either drop them here or a post in the official race forums at http://www.fsrtwrace.com

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

You can always count on my participation.  

• Upvote 2

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I'd be interested in giving it another go. Think I have a more solid system this time around, what with P3Dv4.1.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I'm afraid participating in the race will be difficult for me this year. I'll be out of town on Saturday, at least. Likely Friday and most of Sunday as well, so that's pretty much the whole race :sad:

I hope I'm able to hop in and chat for a bit, at least, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to provide much more help than that.

On 1/12/2018 at 8:35 AM, Eamonn Watson said:

Do we think we have enough people to field a team for 2018?

Eamonn,
The conscientious after yesterday's "fun" flight was YES. As things sit now we will have some difficulties, may be a little short on pilots from the "other" side (LOL :laugh: - haven't heard from a few European veterans yet) . Ron said he may contribute as needed & we would also need someone with severe insomnia to fill the time gap. (Me? - guilty as charged)    

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

count me in i have severe insomnia ***cough cough** i keep passing out after 7 hours of no sleep