Sign in to follow this  
Judson

Airport shows up on as waypoint but won't let me file

Hi,

I am trying to fly from PARC Arctic Village AK to CRK1  Kavik Camp AK.

X-plane 11.11, flying a twin otter.

I see it on the chart.  I add it as a destination in the flight plan.  I try to add an approach, but there are no procedures.  On other airports with no procedures P2A would suggest a straight in approach... instead it just does not let load anything.   I can Validate the flight.. but it won't file.

I am using Navagraph.  It is current (1801).    I also have an issue in X-plane where the airport (CRK1) is listed in airports.txt.. but I can't select it in the GPS.

Any ideas?  Should this be reported to Navagraph?

BTW  P2A has added a whole new dimension to simming!  What an awesome product. Thanks for all of the hard work!

Judson

Judson,

Thanks for the report.  I just tried and it using 2404 with Navigraph 1801. Seems to work for me.  It gives me a Visual Straight-in to RW26 and files normally.  It also let me file VFR with just the 2 airports in the plan.

Check to be sure you have an IFR flight plan to trigger the requirement for an approach. 

If it still doesn't work, please email me the P2A log file so I can try and figure out why.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I tried again.  It finds CRK1 but does not prompt for a straight in approach.  I used the Direct  method and it calculated a bearing and distance.  I still could not file it IFR, but the tower recognized the direct route and and guided me to Kavik.

I will play  with it some more this weekend and get you a log file.

Thanks for your help!

Judson