Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

I've had MyTraffic Pro for nearly three years now and I'm wondering if it's the most accurate out there. The reasons I'm questioning this are:-

1) No matter what time of day I arrive at LPPT (Lisbon, Portugal) just about every stand is occupied and I always have to park on the apron. Many aircraft seem to stay there for several hours. The same applies to many other airports. Shouldn't the schedule mean they spend minimum time on the ground? Maybe 1-1.5hrs?

2) The latest schedule I have still shows lots of Monarch aircraft. Many of you will know Monarch ceased ops last year so an up-to-date schedule is required.

The visual models are reasonable enough but it's the timetable that concerns me. Also, I've tried in the past to add additional flights to the database and it's an awful job. So complicated to do so I've given up.

I'm wondering if there are better alternatives out there that would provide a more realistic turnaround of aircraft and with more regular schedule updates.

Thanks!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use UTLive and PSXSeecontraffic alternatively, both with pros and cons. I would wait what JustFlight will bring to the table:

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, newtie said:

Is there a video of this program to look at?

Mark

It doesn't come with its own models or liveries, you have to use them from another program, freeware or payware.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks gents for your recommendations. I’m only interested in a single package that includes the aircraft and schedules.

@pmb, that looks encouraging. Easy to add new flights. I wonder how often the schedules are updated. Annually hopefully.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

44 minutes ago, pmb said:

It doesn't come with its own models or liveries, you have to use them from another program, freeware or payware.

Kind regards, Michael

Are you using this Michael? If so, do you like it?

There is no fully realistic AI package for flight sims.  And probably never will be.  For example, UT flies "real" routes using SIDs, STARS, and airways.  MT flies everything using great circle routes.  And neither of them will be accurate at an airport in FSX or P3D when the ATC systems will always default to the WRONG active runways when winds are "calm".  A good example of this is at KLAS in Las Vegas, where the real world "active" runways in calm winds will be the 26's, but the sim will use the 8's because they are numbered less than 26.  The same thing happens for the 1's and 19's at KLAS.  It happens at all FSX and P3D airports, unless the AFX airport file has been designed to prevent it...and even payware airport developers don't provide AFCAD/AFX files that prevent it (and I can't blame them if the AFX file is using the crosswind runway technique...then it's almost impossible to prevent).

Plus, if the user uses something like the FSUIPC ability to restrict the total number of AI aircraft shown, or limit the number at particular airports where the user is flying, etc, then the AI program is being altered by what the "utility" is doing to the AI.  Some flight schedules will never show up in that case, even if they are included in the AI package.

My biggest pet peeve with AI yet is when they do "carrier trap landings" on a 10,000 foot runway, stop in the first 300 feet, then take 3 minutes to taxi 1/2 mile to the first turn off, causing the 3 flights behind them to have to go around.  Would somebody PLEASE make a utility to speed up P3D4 AI taxi speeds so they will get off the darned runways in a timely manner?  Or quit making AI commercial aircraft that think they are Navy fighters trapping on a carrier deck.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 6

Rick Ryan

33 minutes ago, newtie said:

Are you using this Michael? If so, do you like it?

Yes, I use it alternatively, as I said, over the network, what is impossible with the other programs. It's the one with the least fps impact.

It's just fascinating to see the real traffic as is. That means in the air. Ground traffic cannot be taken from the life planes as they have their transponders off on ground. So it's done by heuristic routines, which work more or less. I saw planes misplaced on ground, but this is supposedly unavoidable.

The real fun part is to see the real planes in the air, including plane spotting.

The PSXSeecontraffic program is free, you can try it. The real traffic part is subscription, and not really chap, but there might be a trial (just check if this is true). Installation and use of the several modules is a bit intricate, you just have to stick to the manual to the word.

One nice thing is I can reuse the UTLIve planes for PSXSeecontraffic - with the disadvantage some of the liveries being outdated as well (as I read). However, you could as well use other AI planes, including WOAI. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

Here I use the MT aircraft aircraft with Nico’s Live Traffic. I can’t fly without it.

The idea that at the moment I fly at a specific place and see an aircraft , in reality that aircraft also flies at that place as fantastic ...

And flying in a real queue on approach ...,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

The idea that at the moment I fly at a specific place and see an aircraft , in reality that aircraft also flies at that place as fantastic ...

Yep, that's what I find intriguing, too.

And btw, if you are looking for a former time there is 48 hrs "canned life traffic" available, too. Don't say you never will use it. I usually only find time flying at late night and my local German airports are not that busy at night :biggrin:.

Kind regards, Michael

31 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here I use the MT aircraft aircraft with Nico’s Live Traffic. 

Forgive my ignorance who is Nico and where is his/their web site?

Thanks

Before P3Dv4 I had mad my own traffic package over many years. I now use UT Live and find it to be a really good install and forget solution. 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

1 minute ago, simmerhead said:

Before P3Dv4 I had mad my own traffic package over many years. I now use UT Live and find it to be a really good install and forget solution. 

How do you limit traffic? What you set in P3D, UT Live for that?

Thanks.