Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

52 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Would somebody PLEASE make a utility to speed up P3D4 AI taxi speeds so they will get off the darned runways in a timely manner?  Or quit making AI commercial aircraft that think they are Navy fighters trapping on a carrier deck.  :biggrin:

If you haven't checked it out https://www.fsreborn.com/ @simbol is working on something to hopefully fix all those issues and more called AI Runway control. I am really looking forward to this 

Thanks,

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

There is no fully realistic AI package for flight sims.  And probably never will be.  For example, UT flies "real" routes using SIDs, STARS, and airways.  MT flies everything using great circle routes.  And neither of them will be accurate at an airport in FSX or P3D when the ATC systems will always default to the WRONG active runways when winds are "calm".  A good example of this is at KLAS in Las Vegas, where the real world "active" runways in calm winds will be the 26's, but the sim will use the 8's because they are numbered less than 26.  The same thing happens for the 1's and 19's at KLAS.  It happens at all FSX and P3D airports, unless the AFX airport file has been designed to prevent it...and even payware airport developers don't provide AFCAD/AFX files that prevent it (and I can't blame them if the AFX file is using the crosswind runway technique...then it's almost impossible to prevent).

Plus, if the user uses something like the FSUIPC ability to restrict the total number of AI aircraft shown, or limit the number at particular airports where the user is flying, etc, then the AI program is being altered by what the "utility" is doing to the AI.  Some flight schedules will never show up in that case, even if they are included in the AI package.

Rick,

Not flying an actual SID or STAR is not important to me. As I said at the outset the idea that so many planes can sit at a gate for hours is not realistic. Why are they not in the air with just 1-1.5hr turn-arounds?

The problem of Ai and what runways they can use is a simulator problem, not an Ai package. I do use FSUIPC to limit the number of Ai to 150 but still have the problem of Ai sitting for a long time at gates. That is what I'm trying to overcome and is down to the schedule.

Does anyone know how old the UT Live schedule is and how often is it updated? Is that an additional cost?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

44 minutes ago, pmb said:

Yes, I use it alternatively, as I said, over the network, what is impossible with the other programs. It's the one with the least fps impact.

It's just fascinating to see the real traffic as is. That means in the air. Ground traffic cannot be taken from the life planes as they have their transponders off on ground. So it's done by heuristic routines, which work more or less. I saw planes misplaced on ground, but this is supposedly unavoidable.

The real fun part is to see the real planes in the air, including plane spotting.

The PSXSeecontraffic program is free, you can try it. The real traffic part is subscription, and not really chap, but there might be a trial (just check if this is true). Installation and use of the several modules is a bit intricate, you just have to stick to the manual to the word.

One nice thing is I can reuse the UTLIve planes for PSXSeecontraffic - with the disadvantage some of the liveries being outdated as well (as I read). However, you could as well use other AI planes, including WOAI. 

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I think JustFlight is going to arrive on the scene here shortly with yet another AI package so we'll see.

You set the limit in UT Live. You select the mix between GA and Airliners, the total number of A/C and a minimum fps limit (i.e. If you select 25 fps, now new A/C will be spawned if you are below 25 fps. It also injects traffic from an external program, and it seems to be optimized for good fps.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

1 minute ago, simmerhead said:

You set the limit in UT Live. You select the mix between GA and Airliners, the total number of A/C and a minimum fps limit (i.e. If you select 25 fps, now new A/C will be spawned if you are below 25 fps. It also injects traffic from an external program, and it seems to be optimized for good fps.

What do you have for Traffic in P3D settings? Are there zeroes?

What is traffic from an external program, could you post a link to it?

Many thanks!

UT Live is the external program. Unlike many other traffic packages that rely on bgl files, UT injects the traffic "live". I have ship, boat and road traffic enabled in P3D - 0% A/C traffic.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

2 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

UT Live is the external program. Unlike many other traffic packages that rely on bgl files, UT injects the traffic "live". I have ship, boat and road traffic enabled in P3D - 0% A/C traffic.

Still thinking to get it but hundreds of moving jetways intimidate me. In MT6 I can turn them off and the gain is visible.

24 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Still thinking to get it but hundreds of moving jetways intimidate me. In MT6 I can turn them off and the gain is visible.

It is not that bad, the sim settles after 5 to 10 seconds, I really like the fact that Jetways are connecting to my AI traffic, it just adds more to my immersion experience.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is not that bad, the sim settles after 5 to 10 seconds, I really like the fact that Jetways are connecting to my AI traffic, it just adds more to my immersion experience.

Best Regards,
Simbol

I'm not concerned at the scenario launch, the overload problem occurs when you enter the bubble.

1 minute ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm not concerned at the scenario launch, the overload problem occurs when you enter the bubble.

I see, all I can say is neither me or the entire UTL Beta team *which I belong to* experienced any problems with this really.

Are you aware that you can get a full refund from F1 if you don't like the product?

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

I see, all I can say is neither me or the entire UTL Beta team *which I belong to* experienced any problems with this really.

Are you aware that you can get a full refund from F1 if you don't like the product?

Regards,
Simbol

The problem may occur in a congested area like London or Amsterdam.

I think I'll buy it.

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, pmb said:

I use UTLive and PSXSeecontraffic alternatively, both with pros and cons. I would wait what JustFlight will bring to the table:

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

Kind regards, Michael

The reason i didnt bought UTL yet, but is taking so long with no clue of a release date :(

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Just now, Dirk98 said:

The problem may occur in a congested area like London or Amsterdam.

I think I'll buy it.

Thanks! 

I own FlyTampa EHAM, UK2000 Gatwick, Aerosoft Frankfurt, Aerosoft Zurich, FlyTampa Vienna among many other busy area airports, I am currently writing add-on's for AI traffic and accordingly I use only "Extreme busy" airports with "Extreme" amount of AI traffic so I can test my software and algorithms under "extreme" heavy load circumstances and I never experienced problems due to Jetways connecting to the AI under UTL.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Simbol, looking forward to what you bring forward.  I use MT6 but am waiting and exploring moving to one of the other programs.