Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

Does AIController work for P3D V4? At least that sorts out the routes and the SIDS and STARS, as well as the taxiing.

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've had MyTraffic Pro for nearly three years now and I'm wondering if it's the most accurate out there. The reasons I'm questioning this are:-

1) No matter what time of day I arrive at LPPT (Lisbon, Portugal) just about every stand is occupied and I always have to park on the apron. Many aircraft seem to stay there for several hours. The same applies to many other airports. Shouldn't the schedule mean they spend minimum time on the ground? Maybe 1-1.5hrs?

2) The latest schedule I have still shows lots of Monarch aircraft. Many of you will know Monarch ceased ops last year so an up-to-date schedule is required.

The visual models are reasonable enough but it's the timetable that concerns me. Also, I've tried in the past to add additional flights to the database and it's an awful job. So complicated to do so I've given up.

I'm wondering if there are better alternatives out there that would provide a more realistic turnaround of aircraft and with more regular schedule updates.

Thanks!

Would Super Traffic Board help? Use it in combination with MyTraffic as I do.

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Double post...

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Friends,

An important topic, must be because there are only about 5,000,000 threads on this very subject with the same information bring posted in each one.  We see at least two or three such threads a month - AT LEAST!  But it's January of a new year, so what the heck.

I'm fairly tied into the AI traffic situation with P3DV4, and while WOAI and others are slowly updating their AI aircraft (thank goodness for all the terrific freeware AI guys), it takes a lot of time. The guys writing the new VATSIM Pilot Client are also rumored to be working on a AI Aircraft Library (I know nothing more than that).

I got tired of messing about and having lame textures, so I went with UTL, and I haven't looked back and more importantly no more messing around with liveries.

Am I satisfied with UTL?  No, not really.  Far too few aircraft types and liveries for this VATSIM guy, though many aircraft and larger airlines are represented and the average offline guy should be fairly happy with it.  I'm hopeful that more will be added, but the developer is notoriously slow with updated aircraft and liveries (comparatively a snails pace is the speed of light, though I'm told he's a very good guy).  Again, as things stand now it's fairly well rounded for offline guys.

UTL performance was surprising good for me, even when running at 100% traffic (which I don't recommend).  I too have notice mo impact from the moving jetways and the immersion factor is great!  I'm running an i7-4770K with all 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz and a GTX1080.

If you wish, you can add other (freeware) AI traffic to UTL easily enough, and I'll be doing this in the near future.

So if like me you're tired of waiting for a complete package and want to spend more time flying than searching for and adding models, then UTL is the way I recommend.

I have no affiliation with UTL (other than having purchased their software).

Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I use FAIB models and supplement them with Orbx AI.  The FAIB cover at least 90 percent of the aircraft I see using Real Traffic. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I have MT6 and the AI models (IMO) aren't good. However, I remember hearing all the jokes about Daedalus liveries. I've read most of this thread and still can't decide. UTL live sounds good, but if I have to add FedEx and UPS, what else will I have to do?

TL;DR: I don't want to spend hours loading up liveries. I just want a plug and play solution with better models. Is UTL for me?

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

MyTraffic has never had very realistic schedules or pairings. In my limited testing with it, over and over again I saw airlines operating between cities that they've NEVER at all let alone between each other. There was also no sense of fleet size, if it took 200 British Airways A320's to make the schedule work then that's what you got in the sim even though they only have approx 70. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Guest JustanotherPilot

FYI...Justflight currently have a Traffic program in development that should be released shortly, might be worth a look when it's released.

Traffic Global

8 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Forgive my ignorance who is Nico and where is his/their web site?

Thanks

Real life traffic. UTLive , MT or other packages use fixed timetables, so no live traffic . 

Everything you need to know :

http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Not really as that only shows the state of things. I really want to know why aircraft sit so long at a gate before departing. In reality aircraft fly in, unload the pax, refuel and are airborne again within 1-2 hrs. That is not what I'm seeing with MT. In the real world are all the terminal gates fully occupied at LPPT throughout the day? I can never get a stand when I arrive.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not really as that only shows the state of things. I really want to know why aircraft sit so long at a gate before departing. In reality aircraft fly in, unload the pax, refuel and are airborne again within 1-2 hrs. That is not what I'm seeing with MT. In the real world are all the terminal gates fully occupied at LPPT throughout the day? I can never get a stand when I arrive.

Do your MT Aircraft models have all the required radio controls sections as per new LM specifications for P3DV4? any AI model failing to have these will just show up in the sim at the airport but will never become "active".

Best Regards,
Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Do your MT Aircraft models have all the required radio controls sections as per new LM specifications for P3DV4? any AI model failing to have these will just show up in the sim at the airport but will never become "active".

Best Regards,
Simbol

I have P3D v3.4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Actually, I will take a look at the Ai timetable and see what their departure times are. If they are hours ahead then should they really be positioned at a gate so soon.

Is that down to MT or the sim? P3D v3.4 in my case but I was seeing the same thing in FSX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Real life traffic. UTLive , MT or other packages use fixed timetables, so no live traffic . 

Everything you need to know :

http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html

That package only works as well as the number of Ai aircraft you have on your system....

"PSXseeconTraffic injects aircraft in your Flight Simulator as real as it gets, depending on how many different types of AI aircraft you have installed."

So if I uninstall MTPro where do all those aircraft come from?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So if I uninstall MTPro where do all those aircraft come from?

No need to uninstall, you only have to disable the scenery part of MT (the bgl files = the flight plans) to avoid having them flying around too. The aircraft models you can keep. Or easier still, just keep everything like it is and set the traffic density slider to 0 in P3D.

Best regards

LORBY-SI