Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

56 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But removing those aircraft injected far too early would certainly help things.

Hello Ray,

are you using WAMA by any chance? I probably could add that feature to this app with little effort.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

Thats reallistic because we have a lot of delays in Lisbon :biggrin:, LPPT is always a good place to start and to end ;)

Because it's such a lovely place! :smile: One of my favourite places to fly Concorde from Manchester. 1h 15m. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Ray,

are you using WAMA by any chance? I probably could add that feature to this app with little effort.

Best regards

Probably not Oliver because I don't know what it means. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wonder if the author of Super Traffic Board might be persuaded to add a feature that deleted all aircraft located at an airport that won't depart within 2 hours.

His utility can grab all the relevant info including departure time so in theory it could zap them. Two benefits - 1) Higher fps and 2) more gates to park your aircraft.

Otherwise it's just cluttering up an airport.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Probably not Oliver because I don't know what it means. :biggrin:

No worries. Just one of my addons where such a feature would make some kind of sense. It already keeps track of all AI and removes some of them.

But it would probabaly be more prudent to build a separate prototype first, because I am not at all sure what will happen after the removal - it could be that those aircraft are gone for good, and that they won't be re-created when their actual departure time comes. Ultimate Traffic could do this easily - probably even does (why inject aircraft earlier than necessary). 

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Because it's such a lovely place! :smile: One of my favourite places to fly Concorde from Manchester. 1h 15m. :biggrin:

But just to add a little knowledge to this... one of the reason's for the delays is that Lisbon airport is already undersized for the number of flights and passengers that as daily, there's been an discussion on building a new airport in the last years but the government as cancelled the project due the costs and the recent financial crisis that we had, the new version is to use a military airport as a second civil airport in Lisbon that is placed in the other side of the river Tejo (LPMT)

I hope im not saying nothing confidential here ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

19 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

No worries. Just one of my addons where such a feature would make some kind of sense. It already keeps track of all AI and removes some of them.

But it would probably be more prudent to build a separate prototype first, because I am not at all sure what will happen after the removal - it could be that those aircraft are gone for good, and that they won't be re-created when their actual departure time comes. Ultimate Traffic could do this easily - probably even does (why inject aircraft earlier than necessary). 

Best regards

That sounds like the kind of thing I suggested. Yes, the aircraft might be generated again so you end up fighting the sim for their removal. Or, they are deleted and only in that session and it wouldn't affect your experience at the airport as you'd be long gone by the time they reappeared. I can't see them being deleted permanently as that would require a change to the BGL / DLL or whatever file stores the info.

Until I grabbed that STB image I knew there were too many aircraft at LPPT but it did shock me how early they are generated.

I'm happy to help test anything you might want to do in this area. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

But just to add a little knowledge to this... one of the reason's for the delays is that Lisbon airport is already undersized for the number of flights and passengers that as daily, there's been an discussion on building a new airport in the last years but the government as cancelled the project due the costs and the recent financial crisis that we had, the new version is to use a military airport as a second civil airport in Lisbon that is placed in the other side of the river Tejo (LPMT)

I hope im not saying nothing confidential here ;)

I'm sure aircraft don't sit at the gates for many hours before departing. The airlines would run out of money. There's a new LPPT in the offing so I hope we get some value from that before the Portuguese government finds the money for a new build. You might have a new airport before Heathrow adds a third runway! :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm happy to help test anything you might want to do in this area.

What I can do is to slap together a simple app that will do what you ask = remove any parked or sleeping AI where the planned departure is later than a certain threshold that you set. If the variables all match up. Shouldn't take more than an hour of effort. But I need to grab some dinner first ;o)

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Just now, Lorby_SI said:

What I can do is to slap together a simple app that will do what you ask = remove any parked or sleeping AI where the planned departure is later than a certain threshold that you set. If the variables all match up. Shouldn't take more than an hour of effort. But I need to grab some dinner first ;o)

Best regards

Good man! That'll make Pete happy. One less thing for him to investigate. A nice glass of beer with your dinner helps the thinking processes. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi everyone,

Some time ago I was annoyed by airports with no open gates so I wrote an utility that deletes aircraft that won't depart for a long time in a radius around the user regularly:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=ai+deleter&CatID=root&Go=Search

Just to be clear the current version only supports 32-bit Sims. I will send Ray a version for 64-bit to see if it works.

However, I have no idea if the SimConnect API that I use for it changed in P3D so I cannot guarantee it'll work.

Best,

David

ps. I'm not a professional FSX developer, so I'm sure other people like Oliver could probably build something even better. 

• Upvote 1

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

4 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Best regards

That would be so awesome and helpful!!!  Thanks for your work!

7 minutes ago, VOJu24 said:

Hi everyone,

Some time ago I was annoyed by airports with no open gates so I wrote an utility that deletes aircraft that won't depart for a long time in a radius around the user regularly:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=ai+deleter&CatID=root&Go=Search

However, I have no idea if the SimConnect API that I use for it changed in P3D so I cannot guarantee it'll work.

Best,

David

ps. I'm not a professional FSX developer, so I'm sure other people like Oliver could probably build something even better. 

Well done David for coming up with the idea. Unless you have a utility like STB you'd never know how many aircraft are injected too early into the sim.

It should make for busier airports even if there are fewer Ai generated since many of those remaining will actually move instead of making like a statue! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Friends,

An important topic, must be because there are only about 5,000,000 threads on this very subject with the same information bring posted in each one.  We see at least two or three such threads a month - AT LEAST!  But it's January of a new year, so what the heck.

I'm fairly tied into the AI traffic situation with P3DV4, and while WOAI and others are slowly updating their AI aircraft (thank goodness for all the terrific freeware AI guys), it takes a lot of time. The guys writing the new VATSIM Pilot Client are also rumored to be working on a AI Aircraft Library (I know nothing more than that).

I got tired of messing about and having lame textures, so I went with UTL, and I haven't looked back and more importantly no more messing around with liveries.

Am I satisfied with UTL?  No, not really.  Far too few aircraft types and liveries for this VATSIM guy, though many aircraft and larger airlines are represented and the average offline guy should be fairly happy with it.  I'm hopeful that more will be added, but the developer is notoriously slow with updated aircraft and liveries (comparatively a snails pace is the speed of light, though I'm told he's a very good guy).  Again, as things stand now it's fairly well rounded for offline guys.

UTL performance was surprising good for me, even when running at 100% traffic (which I don't recommend).  I too have notice mo impact from the moving jetways and the immersion factor is great!  I'm running an i7-4770K with all 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz and a GTX1080.

If you wish, you can add other (freeware) AI traffic to UTL easily enough, and I'll be doing this in the near future.

So if like me you're tired of waiting for a complete package and want to spend more time flying than searching for and adding models, then UTL is the way I recommend.

I have no affiliation with UTL (other than having purchased their software).

Best wishes.

Do you run UTL while online with Vatsim? Or do you use the models only for other Vatsim traffic? That is what I am doing currently.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

10 minutes ago, VOJu24 said:

If you wrote it for FSX, it should work. Not much has changed in that regard, values should still be the same. 

Would be nice if this works, saves my dinner :o))

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI