Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

Thank you Ray and Oliver,

Yeah I used the Traffic Explorer from the SDK in the passed and then it's just like yeah on Saturday this flight will depart, that's in like 1.5 days xD

One problem is that it's a 32-bit DLL at the moment :/ ...

And I assume I'd need the 64-bit SDK to be able to recompile it if it should work with V4 ...  Is the SDK publicly available or would I need to buy P3DV4 first? 

@Oliver or anyone who can recompile it the code would be available here: https://github.com/DKlaper/AIDeleter/tree/master/SimConnect

Best,

David

ps. I guess now I know why it wasn't a good idea to do the In-Process DLL, but it was just easier at the time :/ 

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

15 minutes ago, VOJu24 said:

Thank you Ray and Oliver,

Yeah I used the Traffic Explorer from the SDK in the passed and then it's just like yeah on Saturday this flight will depart, that's in like 1.5 days xD

One problem is that it's a 32-bit DLL at the moment :/ ...

And I assume I'd need the 64-bit SDK to be able to recompile it if it should work with V4 ...  Is the SDK publicly available or would I need to buy P3DV4 first? 

@Oliver or anyone who can recompile it the code would be available here: https://github.com/DKlaper/AIDeleter/tree/master/SimConnect

Best,

David

ps. I guess now I know why it wasn't a good idea to do the In-Process DLL, but it was just easier at the time :/ 

Hello David,

the 32 bit DLL should work for Ray, as he has P3D 3.4.

You can get the P3D V4 SDK here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

The download link is hidden in the text ("Click here to download the Prepar3D v4 SDK tools with examples. ")

But you can't test it if you don't have the sim, so the point is probably moot.

I could write a new client in C# as an external exe, but if that can be avioded, all is well too.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I’ll download and test David’s utility tomorrow. Excellent cooperation between everyone today. The forum at its best. :smile:

• Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Gerard,

not sure if it is already there, but maybe Kiek would be inclined to add a "this is me" button. This button would suppress the assigned real world flight so that the simulator pilot can take its place. 

This doesn't make any sense in my app, but it might in his. At least a pilot could get proper slots for taxi, departure or landing. Ideally your own aircraft would be transported right to were the real world plane was.

All of this is only a few lines of code.

Best reagrds

If a real aircraft comes too close it dissapears.

There is no way real aircraft would see us :biggrin:

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Gerard,

not sure if it is already there, but maybe Kiek would be inclined to add a "this is me" button. This button would suppress the assigned real world flight so that the simulator pilot can take its place. 

This doesn't make any sense in my app, but it might in his. At least a pilot could get proper slots for taxi, departure or landing. Ideally your own aircraft would be transported right to were the real world plane was.

All of this is only a few lines of code.

Best reagrds

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Keep in mind that with PSXseecon traffic you are relying on FR data. There is no radar or ads-b coverage over the oceans which is important to many and also not all airports have ground transponder operations. Traffic will disappear on landing and appear only when lining up on the active to depart.

Of note about UTL not having cargo? That's totally false, it doesn't include FedEx or UPS (available however with a simple add-on here in the library)  and some DHL but otherwise has plenty of cargo. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

4 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Of note about UTL not having cargo? That's totally false, it doesn't include FedEx or UPS (available however with a simple add-on here in the library)  and some DHL but otherwise has plenty of cargo. 

I wrote "weak on cargo". 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Do you run UTL while online with Vatsim? Or do you use the models only for other Vatsim traffic? That is what I am doing currently.

Just use the models on VATSIM.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello David,

the 32 bit DLL should work for Ray, as he has P3D 3.4.

You can get the P3D V4 SDK here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

The download link is hidden in the text ("Click here to download the Prepar3D v4 SDK tools with examples. ")

But you can't test it if you don't have the sim, so the point is probably moot.

I could write a new client in C# as an external exe, but if that can be avioded, all is well too.

Best regards

I should have read that more closely :D built a 64-bit version. But now it's time to plan a flight and fly :) (with my very old custom setup of ai traffic though :P )

If somebody was really interested in trying, I was able to build a 64-bit version, but it probably will only crash the simulator because I use a direct call into an FSX DLL that probably changed format to delete the aircraft. But so if anyone really wanted to try shoot me a pm and I'll send you a link to test, whether it works or not. 

Anyways, Thank you Oliver for the link :D (well it only took me an hour to make stupid Visual Studio find my header files ;) )

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

I use homemade ai traffic in P3Dv4, but what I'm really looking for is a tool to seperate ai traffic. In busy airports like Copenhagen EKCH, there's a lot of go arounds, either because there's too many ai on approach or because the ai takes too long to taxi off the runway. I don't need a tool where ai fly the correct SID/STARS, just something that seperates them a little more. Is there something simpel out there that will do this?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I wrote "weak on cargo". 

Fair enough, but is it?

2018-1-10_10-24-27-611.jpg

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hello @ll,

Sorry David, I couldn't resist... I recreated the same thing in C# as an external .exe (so if you want it to start with your sim automatically, you have to add it to your exe.xml or, in the P3D V4 version, there is an add-on.xml to go with it). I had all the code ready, spread out across a few of the Lorby addons, I just had to copy&paste it together.

Download is available on the Lorby-SI website (way down at the end of the DOWNLOADS section), installers for all 5 simulator versions are included (but those won't add the tool to the respective autostart method, that must be done manually).

Mind you, this is just a quick&dirty job, there might be issues that I didn't find with the few tests that I made.

btw: once an AI is removed, as far as I can tell, it will not come back later - unless you restart the simulator. The sim seems to forget about it.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

Hello Gerard,

I'm afraid that you misunderstand me, that is not what I meant.

What I am proposing is being able to trade places with the real flight. Assume I am approaching EDDF and I see LH492 near me, going there too. Then I would like to tell the program that from now on I am LH492. It then removes the real flight, warps me to its last position and I can fly the approach in its place. I should even have a free gate reserved for me, right?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Sorry David, I couldn't resist... I recreated the same thing in C# as an external .exe (so if you want it to start with your sim automatically, you have to add it to your exe.xml or, in the P3D V4 version, there is an add-on.xml to go with it). I had all the code ready, spread out across a few of the Lorby addons, I just had to copy&paste it together.

Download is available on the Lorby-SI website (way down at the end of the DOWNLOADS section), installers for all 5 simulator versions are included (but those won't add the tool to the respective autostart method, that must be done manually).

Mind you, this is just a quick&dirty job, there might be issues that I didn't find with the few tests that I made.

btw: once an AI is removed, as far as I can tell, it will not come back later - unless you restart the simulator. The sim seems to forget about it.

Best regards

Awesome!

I am away from my PC this weekend thus cannot check this out right now so please let me ask these questions:

Will it also work with UTL (so no bgl traffic files)?

Can you add the Gate Reservation Feature of WAMA into this tool? It would fit in there much better than into WAMA.

I am still grateful you added that feature to WAMA of course and I still use it for Airline flights. But the main feature of WAMA is more relevant for General Aviation (where I happily use it) and I would keep WAMA off for my Airline flights if it wasn't for the gate reservation.

Best regards,

Ralf

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Best regards

No Worries.

Hope it will see plenty of use :) 

Best,

David

David

pf3-supporter.gif