Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

Recommended Posts

I've had MyTraffic Pro for nearly three years now and I'm wondering if it's the most accurate out there. The reasons I'm questioning this are:-

1) No matter what time of day I arrive at LPPT (Lisbon, Portugal) just about every stand is occupied and I always have to park on the apron. Many aircraft seem to stay there for several hours. The same applies to many other airports. Shouldn't the schedule mean they spend minimum time on the ground? Maybe 1-1.5hrs?

2) The latest schedule I have still shows lots of Monarch aircraft. Many of you will know Monarch ceased ops last year so an up-to-date schedule is required.

The visual models are reasonable enough but it's the timetable that concerns me. Also, I've tried in the past to add additional flights to the database and it's an awful job. So complicated to do so I've given up.

I'm wondering if there are better alternatives out there that would provide a more realistic turnaround of aircraft and with more regular schedule updates.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is there a video of this program to look at?

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, newtie said:

Is there a video of this program to look at?

Mark

It doesn't come with its own models or liveries, you have to use them from another program, freeware or payware.

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks gents for your recommendations. I’m only interested in a single package that includes the aircraft and schedules.

@pmb, that looks encouraging. Easy to add new flights. I wonder how often the schedules are updated. Annually hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, pmb said:

It doesn't come with its own models or liveries, you have to use them from another program, freeware or payware.

Kind regards, Michael

Are you using this Michael? If so, do you like it?

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

 

There is no fully realistic AI package for flight sims.  And probably never will be.  For example, UT flies "real" routes using SIDs, STARS, and airways.  MT flies everything using great circle routes.  And neither of them will be accurate at an airport in FSX or P3D when the ATC systems will always default to the WRONG active runways when winds are "calm".  A good example of this is at KLAS in Las Vegas, where the real world "active" runways in calm winds will be the 26's, but the sim will use the 8's because they are numbered less than 26.  The same thing happens for the 1's and 19's at KLAS.  It happens at all FSX and P3D airports, unless the AFX airport file has been designed to prevent it...and even payware airport developers don't provide AFCAD/AFX files that prevent it (and I can't blame them if the AFX file is using the crosswind runway technique...then it's almost impossible to prevent).

Plus, if the user uses something like the FSUIPC ability to restrict the total number of AI aircraft shown, or limit the number at particular airports where the user is flying, etc, then the AI program is being altered by what the "utility" is doing to the AI.  Some flight schedules will never show up in that case, even if they are included in the AI package.

My biggest pet peeve with AI yet is when they do "carrier trap landings" on a 10,000 foot runway, stop in the first 300 feet, then take 3 minutes to taxi 1/2 mile to the first turn off, causing the 3 flights behind them to have to go around.  Would somebody PLEASE make a utility to speed up P3D4 AI taxi speeds so they will get off the darned runways in a timely manner?  Or quit making AI commercial aircraft that think they are Navy fighters trapping on a carrier deck.  :biggrin:

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, newtie said:

Are you using this Michael? If so, do you like it?

Yes, I use it alternatively, as I said, over the network, what is impossible with the other programs. It's the one with the least fps impact.

It's just fascinating to see the real traffic as is. That means in the air. Ground traffic cannot be taken from the life planes as they have their transponders off on ground. So it's done by heuristic routines, which work more or less. I saw planes misplaced on ground, but this is supposedly unavoidable.

The real fun part is to see the real planes in the air, including plane spotting.

The PSXSeecontraffic program is free, you can try it. The real traffic part is subscription, and not really chap, but there might be a trial (just check if this is true). Installation and use of the several modules is a bit intricate, you just have to stick to the manual to the word.

One nice thing is I can reuse the UTLIve planes for PSXSeecontraffic - with the disadvantage some of the liveries being outdated as well (as I read). However, you could as well use other AI planes, including WOAI. 

Kind regards, Michael

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Here I use the MT aircraft aircraft with Nico’s Live Traffic. I can’t fly without it.

The idea that at the moment I fly at a specific place and see an aircraft , in reality that aircraft also flies at that place as fantastic ...

And flying in a real queue on approach ...,

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

The idea that at the moment I fly at a specific place and see an aircraft , in reality that aircraft also flies at that place as fantastic ...

Yep, that's what I find intriguing, too.

And btw, if you are looking for a former time there is 48 hrs "canned life traffic" available, too. Don't say you never will use it. I usually only find time flying at late night and my local German airports are not that busy at night :biggrin:.

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here I use the MT aircraft aircraft with Nico’s Live Traffic. 

Forgive my ignorance who is Nico and where is his/their web site?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

Before P3Dv4 I had mad my own traffic package over many years. I now use UT Live and find it to be a really good install and forget solution. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simmerhead said:

Before P3Dv4 I had mad my own traffic package over many years. I now use UT Live and find it to be a really good install and forget solution. 

How do you limit traffic? What you set in P3D, UT Live for that?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Would somebody PLEASE make a utility to speed up P3D4 AI taxi speeds so they will get off the darned runways in a timely manner?  Or quit making AI commercial aircraft that think they are Navy fighters trapping on a carrier deck.  :biggrin:

If you haven't checked it out https://www.fsreborn.com/ @simbol is working on something to hopefully fix all those issues and more called AI Runway control. I am really looking forward to this 

Thanks,

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

There is no fully realistic AI package for flight sims.  And probably never will be.  For example, UT flies "real" routes using SIDs, STARS, and airways.  MT flies everything using great circle routes.  And neither of them will be accurate at an airport in FSX or P3D when the ATC systems will always default to the WRONG active runways when winds are "calm".  A good example of this is at KLAS in Las Vegas, where the real world "active" runways in calm winds will be the 26's, but the sim will use the 8's because they are numbered less than 26.  The same thing happens for the 1's and 19's at KLAS.  It happens at all FSX and P3D airports, unless the AFX airport file has been designed to prevent it...and even payware airport developers don't provide AFCAD/AFX files that prevent it (and I can't blame them if the AFX file is using the crosswind runway technique...then it's almost impossible to prevent).

Plus, if the user uses something like the FSUIPC ability to restrict the total number of AI aircraft shown, or limit the number at particular airports where the user is flying, etc, then the AI program is being altered by what the "utility" is doing to the AI.  Some flight schedules will never show up in that case, even if they are included in the AI package.

Rick,

Not flying an actual SID or STAR is not important to me. As I said at the outset the idea that so many planes can sit at a gate for hours is not realistic. Why are they not in the air with just 1-1.5hr turn-arounds?

The problem of Ai and what runways they can use is a simulator problem, not an Ai package. I do use FSUIPC to limit the number of Ai to 150 but still have the problem of Ai sitting for a long time at gates. That is what I'm trying to overcome and is down to the schedule.

Does anyone know how old the UT Live schedule is and how often is it updated? Is that an additional cost?

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, pmb said:

Yes, I use it alternatively, as I said, over the network, what is impossible with the other programs. It's the one with the least fps impact.

It's just fascinating to see the real traffic as is. That means in the air. Ground traffic cannot be taken from the life planes as they have their transponders off on ground. So it's done by heuristic routines, which work more or less. I saw planes misplaced on ground, but this is supposedly unavoidable.

The real fun part is to see the real planes in the air, including plane spotting.

The PSXSeecontraffic program is free, you can try it. The real traffic part is subscription, and not really chap, but there might be a trial (just check if this is true). Installation and use of the several modules is a bit intricate, you just have to stick to the manual to the word.

One nice thing is I can reuse the UTLIve planes for PSXSeecontraffic - with the disadvantage some of the liveries being outdated as well (as I read). However, you could as well use other AI planes, including WOAI. 

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I think JustFlight is going to arrive on the scene here shortly with yet another AI package so we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post

You set the limit in UT Live. You select the mix between GA and Airliners, the total number of A/C and a minimum fps limit (i.e. If you select 25 fps, now new A/C will be spawned if you are below 25 fps. It also injects traffic from an external program, and it seems to be optimized for good fps.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simmerhead said:

You set the limit in UT Live. You select the mix between GA and Airliners, the total number of A/C and a minimum fps limit (i.e. If you select 25 fps, now new A/C will be spawned if you are below 25 fps. It also injects traffic from an external program, and it seems to be optimized for good fps.

What do you have for Traffic in P3D settings? Are there zeroes?

What is traffic from an external program, could you post a link to it?

Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

UT Live is the external program. Unlike many other traffic packages that rely on bgl files, UT injects the traffic "live". I have ship, boat and road traffic enabled in P3D - 0% A/C traffic.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

UT Live is the external program. Unlike many other traffic packages that rely on bgl files, UT injects the traffic "live". I have ship, boat and road traffic enabled in P3D - 0% A/C traffic.

Still thinking to get it but hundreds of moving jetways intimidate me. In MT6 I can turn them off and the gain is visible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Still thinking to get it but hundreds of moving jetways intimidate me. In MT6 I can turn them off and the gain is visible.

 

It is not that bad, the sim settles after 5 to 10 seconds, I really like the fact that Jetways are connecting to my AI traffic, it just adds more to my immersion experience.

Best Regards,
Simbol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Will world of ai ever update there packages for p3d v4

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is not that bad, the sim settles after 5 to 10 seconds, I really like the fact that Jetways are connecting to my AI traffic, it just adds more to my immersion experience.

Best Regards,
Simbol

I'm not concerned at the scenario launch, the overload problem occurs when you enter the bubble.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now