Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

5 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

Alpha India Group, google it!

How hold on a second! 

We all know that searching for things yourself went out with things like reading, which was replaced by simply trying things oneself and then playing 50 questions in a forum somewhere - and then screaming at the top of ones lungs when an answer isn't provided immediately!

But back in the day, flight simmers could piece things together, like search phrases like "AIG AI Aircraft" and quickly find the website and read the relevant information.  But that's all history now, and no sense is dwelling on what could have been.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You’re the second person to mention AIG but for those of us not in the know that isn’t much to go on. A website would be a good start. Do I need to download Ai aircraft from somewhere? Is it free or payware?

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?action=unread;c=1

A word of caution. It will take at least a month to set up all the models, paints and schedules. This is the reason that few people want to go that route. The process is somewhat automated. AI Flight Planner is used to load a zipped airline schedule and the AIFP finds the paints online. The models are another story but AIG has a list of links to use to download models:

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0

Not all have been converted to work in P3d4.

A better option for the average user is Ultimate Traffic Live.

Well, I'm not sure we are allowed to post an url here................................................Hence.

Santiago de Larminat

25 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

Alpha India Group, google it!

Wow, that was friendly. I did as you suggested and I’m looking at a registration screen before I can learn anything.

http://www.alpha-india.net/

Why don’t they have a home page with some details of their products? Don’t strike me as a very friendly lot.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Wow, that was friendly. I did as you suggested and I’m looking at a registration screen before I can learn anything.

Why don’t they have a home page with some details of their products? Don’t strike me as a very friendly lot.

I didn't want to come aggressive at all!?

I could have perfectly stayed out of your way, but I thought I could help with the meaning of those three letters. I dindn't want to put the url because avsim.

Yeah, you need to sign up, and navigate through the forum and you will slowly get the grips of it. Lot's of information and resources there.

Santiago de Larminat

15 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?action=unread;c=1

A word of caution. It will take at least a month to set up all the models, paints and schedules. This is the reason that few people want to go that route. The process is somewhat automated. AI Flight Planner is used to load a zipped airline schedule and the AIFP finds the paints online. The models are another story but AIG has a list of links to use to download models:

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0

Not all have been converted to work in P3d4.

Thank you for taking the time to post that. It looks like a lot of work just to get what I have now so I won’t bother. I’ll leave it to you dedicated types. :smile:

I’ve found that an Ai % of 70 in P3D and 80nm / 75 mins works really well for Remove Ai Sleepers. Much less hassle. :biggrin:

Actually I would argue MyTrafficPro with RemoveAiSleepers is a better solution as the Ai can be removed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Mytraffic users can still use AIG flight plans with MyTraffic models and paints.. You still have to look at those hideous models, but at least part of the issue would be fixed.  

The Avsim library also has many hundreds of the AIG plans right here, they might not be the very most current, but they would still be miles better than what MyT provides. You just have to navigate and negotiate with the Avsim library search function. The one tool you need to get the plans installed as well is here http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP  from the great Don Grovestine.

Also, the AIFP installer can apparently download and install repaints for you. I have yet to try it out though as I prefer to do it manually.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

21 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

How hold on a second! 

We all know that searching for things yourself went out with things like reading, which was replaced by simply trying things oneself and then playing 50 questions in a forum somewhere - and then screaming at the top of ones lungs when an answer isn't provided immediately!

But back in the day, flight simmers could piece things together, like search phrases like "AIG AI Aircraft" and quickly find the website and read the relevant information.  But that's all history now, and no sense is dwelling on what could have been.

Dave,

The only link I found when searching was a registration/login page. Nothing about the product at all. Your sarcasm does you no credit.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

I didn't want to come aggressive at all!?

I could have perfectly stayed out of your way, but I thought I could help with the meaning of those three letters. I dindn't want to put the url because avsim.

Yeah, you need to sign up, and navigate through the forum and you will slowly get the grips of it. Lot's of information and resources there.

Not aggressive. I didn’t say that. Just a little abrupt. Unless you register you can’t find out anything about this product. Given I now have a solution to my problem I won’t be looking further but thank you for replying.

As you can see from my posts AvSim doesn’t have a problem with most links. Just direct competitors I imagine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Unless you register you can’t find out anything about this product

That's because there really isn't one "product" to speak of. What I've found there is a collection of models and repaints scattered throughout the forums. You have to search for what you want and download each individually. I haven't been able to find a one-stop-shop that has links to all the different models and repaints available (other than the one post that has links to v4-compatible models). Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Walter Meier

Thanks Walter. The amount of work involved sounds horrendous. At my age I just want a single simple solution. Yes, MTPro has its flaws and the aircraft aren't the best looking but I can live with those as it allows me more time to fly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They do have information about their models on their website, this is their B757 for example: http://www.alpha-india.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125:boeing-757-200-model-info&catid=76:aircraft-models&Itemid=214.

Now in the other hand they allow any model / painter or freeware developer to participate on their forums and website, the mission of the AIG group is to help thousands of users to get access to a wider variety of free AI models, repaints and many other tools from many multiple sources, so although they have some models that were done by AIG members volunteers (what you could call their products) they don't really focus on promoting these too much as what they really like is to collaborate with lots of modellers, texture and freeware developers.

For example, they just promoted this release: 

http://www.alpha-india.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204:towers-tenth-release-package&catid=66:news&Itemid=198

Today we released our tenth round of quality EditVoicepack files for FS2004/FSX made by the AIG Tower team. There are 36 new files that can be downloaded from the AVSIM library and FlightSim.com. A single package file is also available for download and will simplify the download and import process.

The AIG group is amazing, their work and contribution to the flight sim community is just inmensurable, you can find anything you want in terms of AI models, textures and AI tools, but a word of caution: if you want a plug and play solution then the AIG group is not for you as like other users mentioned before me you need to put things together yourself since:

• You need to collect freeware AI base models from different developers, these will be available from many different sources.
  • You need to collect freeware AI repaints from different texture developers, these will be also available from many different sources.
  • You need to collect the AI flying time tables, link these to your AI models and repaints and compile the AI traffic with special tools.
  • Test that everything works, if something fails or goes wrong you are on your own, however you can use and find information on their free forums, people are very friendly and they will try to help the best way they can with any of your issues.
  • When you find a posible solution, you repeat the steps above to see if you are good to go!

This process can take you months, and it is not unusual to hear users on their forum spending years and years collecting and compiling AI traffic and many other freeware tools, it is also no unusual to hear that such process can be very rewarding but also very addictive....

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

The AIG group is amazing,

This process can take you months, and it is not unusual to hear users on their forum spending years and years collecting and compiling AI traffic and many other freeware tools, it is also no unusual to hear that such process can be very rewarding but also very addictive....

Both very very true