Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

Recommended Posts

Thank you Ray and Oliver,

Yeah I used the Traffic Explorer from the SDK in the passed and then it's just like yeah on Saturday this flight will depart, that's in like 1.5 days xD

One problem is that it's a 32-bit DLL at the moment :/ ...

And I assume I'd need the 64-bit SDK to be able to recompile it if it should work with V4 ...  Is the SDK publicly available or would I need to buy P3DV4 first? 

@Oliver or anyone who can recompile it the code would be available here: https://github.com/DKlaper/AIDeleter/tree/master/SimConnect

Best,

David

 

ps. I guess now I know why it wasn't a good idea to do the In-Process DLL, but it was just easier at the time :/ 

 


David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, VOJu24 said:

Thank you Ray and Oliver,

Yeah I used the Traffic Explorer from the SDK in the passed and then it's just like yeah on Saturday this flight will depart, that's in like 1.5 days xD

One problem is that it's a 32-bit DLL at the moment :/ ...

And I assume I'd need the 64-bit SDK to be able to recompile it if it should work with V4 ...  Is the SDK publicly available or would I need to buy P3DV4 first? 

@Oliver or anyone who can recompile it the code would be available here: https://github.com/DKlaper/AIDeleter/tree/master/SimConnect

Best,

David

 

ps. I guess now I know why it wasn't a good idea to do the In-Process DLL, but it was just easier at the time :/ 

 

Hello David,

the 32 bit DLL should work for Ray, as he has P3D 3.4.

You can get the P3D V4 SDK here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

The download link is hidden in the text ("Click here to download the Prepar3D v4 SDK tools with examples. ")

But you can't test it if you don't have the sim, so the point is probably moot.

I could write a new client in C# as an external exe, but if that can be avioded, all is well too.

Best regards

  • Upvote 1

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Share this post


Link to post

I’ll download and test David’s utility tomorrow. Excellent cooperation between everyone today. The forum at its best. :smile:

  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Gerard,

not sure if it is already there, but maybe Kiek would be inclined to add a "this is me" button. This button would suppress the assigned real world flight so that the simulator pilot can take its place. 

This doesn't make any sense in my app, but it might in his. At least a pilot could get proper slots for taxi, departure or landing. Ideally your own aircraft would be transported right to were the real world plane was.

All of this is only a few lines of code.

Best reagrds

If a real aircraft comes too close it dissapears.

There is no way real aircraft would see us :biggrin:


Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Gerard,

not sure if it is already there, but maybe Kiek would be inclined to add a "this is me" button. This button would suppress the assigned real world flight so that the simulator pilot can take its place. 

This doesn't make any sense in my app, but it might in his. At least a pilot could get proper slots for taxi, departure or landing. Ideally your own aircraft would be transported right to were the real world plane was.

All of this is only a few lines of code.

Best reagrds

If a real aircraft comes too close it dissapears.

There is no way real aircraft would see us :biggrin:


Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post

Keep in mind that with PSXseecon traffic you are relying on FR data. There is no radar or ads-b coverage over the oceans which is important to many and also not all airports have ground transponder operations. Traffic will disappear on landing and appear only when lining up on the active to depart.

Of note about UTL not having cargo? That's totally false, it doesn't include FedEx or UPS (available however with a simple add-on here in the library)  and some DHL but otherwise has plenty of cargo. 


i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Of note about UTL not having cargo? That's totally false, it doesn't include FedEx or UPS (available however with a simple add-on here in the library)  and some DHL but otherwise has plenty of cargo. 

I wrote "weak on cargo". 

Kind regards, Michael


Prepar3d Professional v4+5, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Do you run UTL while online with Vatsim? Or do you use the models only for other Vatsim traffic? That is what I am doing currently.

Just use the models on VATSIM.

 

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-500x125.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello David,

the 32 bit DLL should work for Ray, as he has P3D 3.4.

You can get the P3D V4 SDK here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

The download link is hidden in the text ("Click here to download the Prepar3D v4 SDK tools with examples. ")

But you can't test it if you don't have the sim, so the point is probably moot.

I could write a new client in C# as an external exe, but if that can be avioded, all is well too.

Best regards

I should have read that more closely :D built a 64-bit version. But now it's time to plan a flight and fly :) (with my very old custom setup of ai traffic though :P )

If somebody was really interested in trying, I was able to build a 64-bit version, but it probably will only crash the simulator because I use a direct call into an FSX DLL that probably changed format to delete the aircraft. But so if anyone really wanted to try shoot me a pm and I'll send you a link to test, whether it works or not. 

Anyways, Thank you Oliver for the link :D (well it only took me an hour to make stupid Visual Studio find my header files ;) )

 


David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post

I use homemade ai traffic in P3Dv4, but what I'm really looking for is a tool to seperate ai traffic. In busy airports like Copenhagen EKCH, there's a lot of go arounds, either because there's too many ai on approach or because the ai takes too long to taxi off the runway. I don't need a tool where ai fly the correct SID/STARS, just something that seperates them a little more. Is there something simpel out there that will do this?


Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pmb said:

I wrote "weak on cargo". 

  Fair enough, but is it?

2018-1-10_10-24-27-611.jpg

  • Upvote 1

i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post

Hello @ll,

Sorry David, I couldn't resist... I recreated the same thing in C# as an external .exe (so if you want it to start with your sim automatically, you have to add it to your exe.xml or, in the P3D V4 version, there is an add-on.xml to go with it). I had all the code ready, spread out across a few of the Lorby addons, I just had to copy&paste it together.

Download is available on the Lorby-SI website (way down at the end of the DOWNLOADS section), installers for all 5 simulator versions are included (but those won't add the tool to the respective autostart method, that must be done manually).

Mind you, this is just a quick&dirty job, there might be issues that I didn't find with the few tests that I made.

btw: once an AI is removed, as far as I can tell, it will not come back later - unless you restart the simulator. The sim seems to forget about it.

Best regards


Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, GSalden said:

If a real aircraft comes too close it dissapears.

There is no way real aircraft would see us :biggrin:

Hello Gerard,

I'm afraid that you misunderstand me, that is not what I meant.

What I am proposing is being able to trade places with the real flight. Assume I am approaching EDDF and I see LH492 near me, going there too. Then I would like to tell the program that from now on I am LH492. It then removes the real flight, warps me to its last position and I can fly the approach in its place. I should even have a free gate reserved for me, right?

Best regards

 


Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Sorry David, I couldn't resist... I recreated the same thing in C# as an external .exe (so if you want it to start with your sim automatically, you have to add it to your exe.xml or, in the P3D V4 version, there is an add-on.xml to go with it). I had all the code ready, spread out across a few of the Lorby addons, I just had to copy&paste it together.

Download is available on the Lorby-SI website (way down at the end of the DOWNLOADS section), installers for all 5 simulator versions are included (but those won't add the tool to the respective autostart method, that must be done manually).

Mind you, this is just a quick&dirty job, there might be issues that I didn't find with the few tests that I made.

btw: once an AI is removed, as far as I can tell, it will not come back later - unless you restart the simulator. The sim seems to forget about it.

Best regards

Awesome!

I am away from my PC this weekend thus cannot check this out right now so please let me ask these questions:

Will it also work with UTL (so no bgl traffic files)?

Can you add the Gate Reservation Feature of WAMA into this tool? It would fit in there much better than into WAMA.

I am still grateful you added that feature to WAMA of course and I still use it for Airline flights. But the main feature of WAMA is more relevant for General Aviation (where I happily use it) and I would keep WAMA off for my Airline flights if it wasn't for the gate reservation.

Best regards,

Ralf

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Sorry David, I couldn't resist... I recreated the same thing in C# as an external .exe (so if you want it to start with your sim automatically, you have to add it to your exe.xml or, in the P3D V4 version, there is an add-on.xml to go with it). I had all the code ready, spread out across a few of the Lorby addons, I just had to copy&paste it together.

Download is available on the Lorby-SI website (way down at the end of the DOWNLOADS section), installers for all 5 simulator versions are included (but those won't add the tool to the respective autostart method, that must be done manually).

Mind you, this is just a quick&dirty job, there might be issues that I didn't find with the few tests that I made.

btw: once an AI is removed, as far as I can tell, it will not come back later - unless you restart the simulator. The sim seems to forget about it.

Best regards

No Worries.

Hope it will see plenty of use :) 

Best,

David


David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    27%
    $6,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...