Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

Hi Pete,

Sitting here at LPPT (11:38 local) there are 13 aircraft not due to depart until 17:00 or later. Ridiculous! No wonder there are no gates available for arrivals.

You've probably seen my earlier message to David about P3D crashing presumably because of this DLL. The loading progress bar had reached 100% and it was when the scenery was being drawn I got the stopped responding message. Remove the DLL and everything is fine. Odd.

You should invest in SuperTrafficBoard. An excellent utility for spotting Ai movements. Without it I'd be none the wiser about how far ahead the Ai is injected.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Confirmed 100% that SimCMain.dll is causing P3D to crash. Include it in DLL.XML and it crashes P3D. Remove it and P3D is fine.

Here's the breakdown of Ai traffic and departure times at LPPT 11:44 local.

Departing within the hour: 10

Between 1-2 hrs: 11

Between 2-3 hours: 8

Over 3 hours: 24.

Ideally I'd only want to see Ai traffic departing within 2 hours. So 21 Ai instead of 53 would help enormously in terms of available gates and also fps at the more complex airports.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sitting here at LPPT (11:38 local) there are 13 aircraft not due to depart until 17:00 or later. Ridiculous! No wonder there are no gates available for arrivals.

Right -- but I don't understand why P3D is loading them so early when it knows the departure time -- it's in the BGL files for the traffic.

24 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You've probably seen my earlier message to David about P3D crashing presumably because of this DLL. The loading progress bar had reached 100% and it was when the scenery was being drawn I got the stopped responding message. Remove the DLL and everything is fine. Odd.

Not so odd if there's a bug in the DLL. It probably wouldn't be doing anything till the AI traffic is generated, which is right at the end of that loading progress.

Haven't you tried the Lorby-Si "RemoveAISleepers" program? That's an external EXE, and there's one for each sim including P3D4. (Thanks Oliver!).

It's a shame none of this really helps with UT2/UTL.

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You should invest in SuperTrafficBoard. An excellent utility for spotting Ai movements. Without it I'd be none the wiser about how far ahead the Ai is injected.

I have STB, just don't use it  -- can't really see its screen well enough from inside the cockpit. Perhaps when we fly you'd have to sit outside whilst i fly and vice versa! ;-)

And I don't think it can give me any times for UTL traffic, at least not till they've filed their plans by which time they are closer to departure.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete,

Running RemoveAiSleeper for P3D v3.x but it's not removed any Ai. Odd. Trying a second time at Heathrow...

Nope, not removing any of the 506 Ai at EGLL. I'll visit his website and see if there's any discussion about it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Nope, not removing any of the 506 Ai at EGLL. I'll visit his website and see if there's any discussion about it.

Oliver is in this thread occasionally. Maybe he will clarify here?

Pete

Hi Pete,

He was here last evening. I think Saturday is his only chance to fly. Maybe later. I posted a message on his site. He should be around in the next 24 hours.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi David,

I've loaded the DLL and positioned my aircraft at LPPT at 11:00 Local. I've disabled FSUIPC from limiting the Ai traffic to 150 aircraft.

There were 57 aircraft shown in STB for departure. AiDelete's default time setting was 24 hours so I kept pressing 5 until it was down to 8. There were a number of aircraft due to depart within 9 hours so I expected those to be removed. They weren't.

Then I thought about the refresh time. I reduced it by 30 secs a couple of times as that would probably delete those aircraft. However, after pressing it a third time P3D crashed with an ntdll.dll error. Not sure of the reason for this. I'll replicate the steps and see if it's reproducible.

Tried loading P3D a couple of times now and it's crashing with the same P3D has stopped working message. I'm going to remove the DLL and see how it goes.

Removed the DLL and P3D loads fine. Looks as though there's some incompatibility with P3D. Strange how it loaded okay first time though.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for testing!

Too bad it didn't work. It's probably that they changed the function which I used to delete the planes. So the first time it might not have had anything to delete, until you put down the refresh time. 

Sorry that it didn't work.

Best,

David

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

13 minutes ago, VOJu24 said:

Hi Ray,

Thank you for testing!

Too bad it didn't work. It's probably that they changed the function which I used to delete the planes. So the first time it might not have had anything to delete, until you put down the refresh time. 

Sorry that it didn't work.

Best,

David

Thank you David. Always appreciate when people supply these utilities. Strange that Lorby's didn't either. Hopefully he can investigate and advise.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Right -- but I don't understand why P3D is loading them so early when it knows the departure time -- it's in the BGL files for the traffic.

That's simply MyTraffic's non existent traffic optimization. Mentioned before, there are many commercial flights where aircraft on weekly plans go for a day or two with no activity and also others on 24hr plans where they do the same one - three flights a day with nothing in between. 

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hello @ll,

sorry about that, but after having checked with Ray, I have decided to withdraw the "RemoveAiSleepers" tool. It works, but the way that it works leads to side effects that I don't like. Especially programs like the STB have their difficulties with it.

FSUIPC or Davids DLL are better suited for this task.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks but If you've followed the discussion you'll see I now have a viable solution in a utility that will delete Ai that aren't due to depart for several hours. That will free up gates otherwise occupied.

I see. How is it working out for you? Oh I see it's causing P3D to crash.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

2 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

I see. How is it working out for you? Oh I see it's causing P3D to crash.

Unfortunately yes. And you'll see that Oliver has withdrawn his utility because of the way it interacts with P3D.

So unless David or anyone else can provide a solution the status quo will have to remain I'm afraid.

My appreciation to Oliver for his efforts and help today.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And you'll see that Oliver has withdrawn his utility because of the way it interacts with P3D.

In a little more detail:

All "offending" AI are removed as expected. But. The AI aircraft that are initially loaded by the sim when you start a flight or jump to an airport remain active in the internal lists of the simulator - although they are gone from the gates. A program like STB will still show them, until the simulator decides to remove them for good (which can take a long time). Instead, all other AI that are created by the sim after the intial loading process are removed properly by the sim. Unfortunately my options with an external SimConnect client are limited, so I decided to give it a rest.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

17 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

That's simply MyTraffic's non existent traffic optimization. Mentioned before, there are many commercial flights where aircraft on weekly plans go for a day or two with no activity and also others on 24hr plans where they do the same one - three flights a day with nothing in between. 

But MyTraffic doesn't run to optimise traffic. It just provides the BGL and aircraft files which are static. It's surely up to the Sim to obey the timetables allowed for in the BGL format from AI Traffic.

Pete