Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

1080 ti Availability - January 2018

18 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Newegg has this model cheaper than regular 1080s.

I need to read about it more but thx for the link.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

12 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Oddly, this doesn't seem to be affecting stock in the UK.  Most of the major online retailers here appear to have plenty of 1080 Ti cards for around £700-800. If you're desperate, it may be cheaper to import from the UK than to buy in the US.

Thats $900-$1100 USD! That is high. I got mine when it was released for $700usd, which is MSRP. 

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Mine was 1000 eur. :/

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

3 hours ago, 19dcavscout said:

Thats $900-$1100 USD! That is high. I got mine when it was released for $700usd, which is MSRP. 

That's typical of computer component prices in the UK. They've always been about the same for us in UK pounds as they are for you in dollars. I've imported a number of things over the years which have been cheaper from the US with shipping and import duty than they would have been if I'd bought them here. The problem has always been with returns if anything goes wrong.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

It has come to my attention there are some super cheap 1080 TI's on rover.EBay.com - [Link Removed as it was taken down by ebay] .  Please do not purchase or try to purchase any of these items.  The deals are too good to be true and I have done some research and they are a scam as it is not directly to ebay but to rover.ebay (evidently e-bay uses rover.ebay to check on number of clicks to a product).  You have to be careful when searching rover.ebay.com and any documents (.pdf or .doc) that you try to open up to read more about rover.ebay.com will cause a malware or virus to be downloaded to your computer.  Of course, if this ever happens (not only for searches for rover.ebay.com), immediately shutdown your computer before the complete virus or malware can be downloaded.  This happened to me during my research.  

Just passing this on as some may be searching for available 1080 TI's and get scammed or hit by a malware/virus.  I trust our membership is intelligent enough to know a $1600 plus video card selling for Canadian $138 is not real.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

All the Ethereum miners are the ones responsible for the sky high prices and shortage.  Soon the used market will be flooded with dubious second hands.  I passed on these last November when they were close to a 1000 CDN bucks, I will be nut to shell out double for the same card.  Nvidia Vega (?) is out this year, the reason I passed on buying the 1080 Ti last year.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I would never buy used after crypto craze. Those things are pushed to the max and for long periods of time.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

56 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

All the Ethereum miners are the ones responsible for the sky high prices and shortage.  Soon the used market will be flooded with dubious second hands.  I passed on these last November when they were close to a 1000 CDN bucks, I will be nut to shell out double for the same card.  Nvidia Vega (?) is out this year, the reason I passed on buying the 1080 Ti last year.

Ah - So it's Ethereum. With the wild valuation of Bitcoin (even at half it's peak, it's still extreme) I took at look at the expected returns on mining it and with the current difficulty and block reward values, it doesn't seem to make any economic sense to mine Bitcoin with a GPU as far as I can tell, so I was wondering where the demand was coming from.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

All prices are crazy.
I sold my GTX 970 G1 on Ebay minutes ago for $273.
That balances my 1080 purchase at $312 after fees and shipping.

I am REALLY happy right now :D

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

8 hours ago, PaulGR said:

All prices are crazy.
I sold my GTX 970 G1 on Ebay minutes ago for $273.
That balances my 1080 purchase at $312 after fees and shipping.

I am REALLY happy right now :D

And so you should be! In the UK, even at their previous "normal" prices, 1080s were costing us almost twice what you paid for yours.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

It`s not just GPU`s ram prices have gone up by 30-50% in the last 6 months, not a good time for PC building and upgrading one suspects the new next gen NVidia high card will be very expensive.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just got a notification that the 1080 Ti Black Edition GAMING card was available for $899.

Happy hunting!

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case