Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

1080 ti Availability - January 2018

I was looking to pull the trigger on a 1080 ti and it looks like they're out of stock nearly everywhere.  Does anyone know the story?

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Cybercurrency mining craze.
Problem is prices are going up too.

I was extremely lucky to get a 1080 from newegg. I got a email that is on stock, logged in immediately by the time I checked out it was already out of stock.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

1 hour ago, richbonneau said:

I was looking to pull the trigger on a 1080 ti and it looks like they're out of stock nearly everywhere.  Does anyone know the story?

Really? what country are you from? US? A lot available in my country!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

On 1/11/2018 at 4:53 PM, richbonneau said:

I'm looking for one as well.  Went to reddit and found a great website to alert you when they're in stock.  It's called Nowinstock.net.  I finally have the money to get an 11gb card and can't find one...at least one that won't cost more than my whole build is worth.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Same here. Sold out everywhere!! :(

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

... shortage in the market, high demand crazy prices, is due to the price spikes in Bicoin almost $18,0000 so everybody wants to get into Mining business, wait a bit till the hyper is over and people will get out of the Business/ illusions prices will go down dramatically, just be aware of a used GPUS since mining mining abusing the Unit

Cheers

Yair      

1 hour ago, N1125Y said:

... shortage in the market, high demand crazy prices, is due to the price spikes in Bicoin almost $18,0000 so everybody wants to get into Mining business, wait a bit till the hyper is over and people will get out of the Business/ illusions prices will go down dramatically, just be aware of a used GPUS since mining mining abusing the Unit

Cheers

Yair      

Not sure the hype is going away anytime soon, but I managed to snag a Strix 11GB on Amazon (and fulfilled by Amazon) for a little over it's retail price.  I should have it soon and looking forward to it.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Wow that is crazy. I'm lucky i picked up mine in November

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Yeah, I started looking for these a few weeks ago and just checked to see that prices are almost $1k higher than the last time I looked.  Crazy!  Hopefully the new ones will be released soon and these will go back down.  Our hobby is crazy, but paying close to 2k for a graphics card is absurd!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Oddly, this doesn't seem to be affecting stock in the UK.  Most of the major online retailers here appear to have plenty of 1080 Ti cards for around £700-800. If you're desperate, it may be cheaper to import from the UK than to buy in the US.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have a feeling the $600-$900 1080 ti's were bought out by the other manufacturers and converted with their name and overclocking.  You can still get the really expensive TI's from these manufacturers.  Gee, maybe I should sell mine for $2000 and buy a new computer....  Just kidding. :blink:  I will have to make sure all locks on my house and the windows are secure and make sure I turn on the security cameras.  :smile:

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Oddly, this doesn't seem to be affecting stock in the UK.  Most of the major online retailers here appear to have plenty of 1080 Ti cards for around £700-800. If you're desperate, it may be cheaper to import from the UK than to buy in the US.

Nah, I am not desperate.  I can wait until the prices go down, inventory goes up, or a new replacement is released.  I was just shocked to see how quickly these changed. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I have a feeling the $600-$900 1080 ti's were bought out by the other manufacturers and converted with their name and overclocking.  You can still get the really expensive TI's from these manufacturers.  Gee, maybe I should sell mine for $2000 and buy a new computer....  Just kidding. :blink:  I will have to make sure all locks on my house and the windows are secure and make sure I turn on the security cameras.  :smile:

I got really lucky on Amazon.  In fact one could say I was obsessed with constant checks on the website.  The $600 - $900 models are out there, you just have to know where to look and have patience.  If you're willing to wait a week or so, there are a few reputable sites taking pre-orders.

Dylan Charles

34 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I got really lucky on Amazon.  In fact one could say I was obsessed with constant checks on the website.  The $600 - $900 models are out there, you just have to know where to look and have patience.  If you're willing to wait a week or so, there are a few reputable sites taking pre-orders.

Can you point me to a $600 1080Ti? I will preorder it in a instant.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

16 minutes ago, PaulGR said:

Can you point me to a $600 1080Ti? I will preorder it in a instant.

https://www.ecrater.com/p/29598673/asus-republic-of-gamers-strix-geforce?gps=1&id=80959773019

http://www.consutronix.com/8H1103.html   (This one's a bit more expensive, but not much more)

Dylan Charles