Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Oregon Backcountry, Part 2

Backcountry Ski Trip - Part 2

Our second flight in Central and Eastern Oregon.  We start where we finished last week  at Longview Ranch (OG39) and make our way first along the John Day River valley.  First stop is at Wiley Creek (0OR1), then an easier one at Grant County Regional (KGCD) airport in John Day before going back to the farm strips and Hi Country No. 2 (97OR).  If I ever find Hi Country No. 1 I'll let you know.  Anyway, we leave the John Day valley and head southeast to Murphy Ranch (3OR9).  Only a couple of miles away is Beulah Reservoir, so we could check if it's frozen for an additional bonus landing. We then make our way north heading loosely towards Baker City with stops at Lockhart (2OR6), Unity (11OG) Bald Mountain (OG45) and Muddy Creek (OG27).  Final destination for the week is Baker City Municipal (KBKE).

Flight plans

PLN format

GFP format for F1 GTN

Aircraft

As last week, there are some small and sloping strips on this plan and winter conditions so you would benefit from taking something suitable. Skis or tundra wheels are advised.   C185, Beaver, Kodiak or similar would all be good.

Scenery

The plan is based on Orbx Central Rocky Mountains region, which will greatly enhance the experience.  Longview Ranch (OG39) is available from Orbx but not required. 

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday 13th January 2018, 1900 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).  Note new version available: Test 1.4.4. (might have a fix for the mixture issue).
If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Nice shots, thanks Roman!

Here are some of mine:

Form3.jpg

Form2.jpgForm4.jpg

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Gunter and Roman,
Great photos all around. Thanks.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

No more doubling up on #5! Lovely pictures, they make I smile. :biggrin: