Sign in to follow this  
touchdown49

New Computer Build

Hello Everyone

I need some advice on how to move forward with a new hi end computer build with Windows 10 that is currently being built professionally and how to reload everything and the procedures necessary.

I currently have a mid range computer with Windows 7 and the following is installed on it

FSX

Fsx Simulator

Active Sky 2016 for FSX

Orbx FTX scenery Various world

Orbx airports mostly Australia and New Zealand and Europe

PMDG aircraft 737, 777, 747 latest models

P3dv4.1

P3d Simulator

Active Sky 2016 for P3dv4

Orbx FTX scenery for P3dv4 Various World

Orbx airports mostly Australia and New Zealand and Europe

PMDG aircraft 737

I also use Vpilot on VATSIM and Aivlasoft EFB

My intentions if possible is to make the new build running only P3d and the existing computer running FSX only.

I would be very grateful if anyone can explain what I need to do by way of Uninstall and Install to achieve this objective for the software packages appropriate to this Forum.

Kind regards

D P Spackman

David Spackman Real World Pilot  😀

Personally, I’d just go with a clean install of P3D on the new machine and bother with transferring files over. Delete your existing P3D install and do a clean, fresh install of v4 on the new system. That’d be the easiest, and most pain free, way to do it. Is that what you were asking?

Full names in the forums please, first and last.

I apologise if I did this wrong by posting in numerous forums as I thought that each forum eg P3d and say Active sky would reply as to what was appropriate to that forum.

Thenk you for those that replied regarding P3d but I am not sure what to do with ORBX ,PMDG and Active Sky.

Any help will be much appreciated as I am fairly new to P3d.

kind regards 

David Spackman

David Spackman Real World Pilot  😀