Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

ImagineSim KATL update P3D4 released

28 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Just finished an arrival and departure from the updated Atlanta during the VATSIM FNO in the PMDG 737 and I am impressed with the new update. There was tons of traffic and my performance with DL and all options enabled was smooth. Atlanta is now a joy to use. Before I had to turn off all the Atlanta features and use the lite textures to even get anything smooth. 

Hi Dan.  Great to hear.  I've seen the same improved performance. 

Did you notice longer loading time for KATL flights as compared to loading flights at other addon airports?  I'm trying to get an idea as to whether this is just my installation or if indeed others see this as well.  Thanks!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

8 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Dan.  Great to hear.  I've seen the same improved performance. 

Did you notice longer loading time for KATL flights as compared to loading flights at other addon airports?  I'm trying to get an idea as to whether this is just my installation or if indeed others see this as well.  Thanks!

I didn’t notice any long loading time. For me everything was instant. I run a 1080ti and 7700k@5.0MHz. I didn’t even restart the sim when I departed back out of Atlanta. I went KMDW-KATL-KFLL without restarting P3Dv4.1 and noticed no slowdown on my end.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

At FNO KATL on PMDG747 +SkyForce+ASP3dv4+PTA+Reshade with Dynamic Lighting and 0 shadows smooth and steady performance with 22 to 26 fps.with loads of traffic in the air and on the ground.- Textures at 2048. and UT Live AI - Definitely an improvement on the previous version.

8 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I didn’t notice any long loading time. For me everything was instant. I run a 1080ti and 7700k@5.0MHz. I didn’t even restart the sim when I departed back out of Atlanta. I went KMDW-KATL-KFLL without restarting P3Dv4.1 and noticed no slowdown on my end.

Thanks, Dan.  I have aging hardware here (3 years old) and am starting to notice reduced performance the more I add to P3D.  I assume my loading experience is more about this than something being off with the installation.  Looking forward to building a new box here in the next couple months.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

A definitive performance improvement for me.  I also like the new configurator.  Thank you for the free upgrade vs. calling it ATL 2018 and charging full price.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Anyone buy the previous version from The Flightsim Shop? If so, is the version over there the updated one? I can't tell from the file names. The download version at the IS website uses the F1 wrapper.

I'm sure there is something in the fine print somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Anyone buy the previous version from The Flightsim Shop? If so, is the version over there the updated one? I can't tell from the file names. The download version at the IS website uses the F1 wrapper.

I'm sure there is something in the fine print somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.

Yes it is the updated version. 

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

Yes it is the updated version. 

Thanks

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

This is the third edition of this airport I have tried to use.  I get great performance but continue to have the 8 to 12 second stall approximately 8 miles from the airport regardless of being inbound or outbound.  I have an excellent rig and fly nearly all north american 3rd party airports with no problem.  I have uninstalled and re-installed many times and hoped the new edition would solve the problem.  I have tried everything I can think of to remedy the problem.  Obviously there is something in my system causing this since others have no problems.  But for me...it is wait until the competitor's release of KALT.  Very disappointed.  

i7-4790 @4 GHz, 16 RAM, Win 7 pro,  GTX 1080ti.   

I tend to get a pause when any large detailed airport loads, I haven't noticed this one be any worse than others.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Did they update the new terminal colors? We're replacing the orange with glass and we painted everything gray. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I just flew in at night with DL on in the TFDI 717 and had very good performance, definitely an improvement.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Am not a big fan of Imaginesim; gave up on them years ago along with some others.

Thought I would give them another try with the same apprehension I get when I press the buy button during a Carenado purchase. Did it anyway...

KATL is well done with great framerates, at least during the day. I'll try night along with DL to see how that goes. The Configurator is a great addition as well.

Recommended.

Cheers,

Mark

They did pretty darn good with this one. A few issues that maybe we will see addressed with the Fly Tampa version:

1. Lack of terrain elevation. The whole airport is flat. The runways are higher than the surrounding terrain/buildings. Flightbeam accomplished this with Denver and hope FT does with ATL. 

2. Lights at the gates are more orange sodium in color whereas it's white in the scenery. I sent them an email on this and supposedly was passed on to the team. Guess they didn't care or it was too late in the process. 

3. Even with DL on I am not seeing the aircraft lit up by the overhead lights at the gate. Parked at F6 last night and plane was not lit up at all. Not sure what they got going on with that. 

Eric 

17 hours ago, regis9 said:

I tend to get a pause when any large detailed airport loads, I haven't noticed this one be any worse than others.

I have all the North American big airports and even though I may get a stutter due to the size of the terrain and airport a I never get a full "stop" in action for 8 to 12 seconds.  Research has shown that others have the same issue but there has never been a resolve to it other than reinstall.  That doesn't work.  I would love to hear of a solution.  But given none I will patiently wait for the Fly Tampa version.