Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Perhaps the Ultimate Home Simulator?

5 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Begs the question, I always wondered about John Travolta, whether he uses a copilot for his 707, and how often he flies it.  In the video link I posted above, the pilot of the Xplane sim seemed to have his hands full.

John

Don't think you can fly a 707 as a single pilot without the FAA grounding you for good.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

On 1/12/2018 at 2:47 PM, overspeed3 said:

Sour Grapes Alert!  

What!  600K and NO motion platform! 

True, better than what I have.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

On 1/12/2018 at 7:52 AM, n4gix said:

A friend of mine shared a picture of his new home simulator. He lives in Las Vegas, and had a new addition to his home constructed, and commissioned this B777 "home cockpit". ~$600,000 including the building addition. It is run by six computers loaded with P3Dv4 (started with P3Dv3):

FsyQA2.jpg

Very small world, flew in John's sim back in 2014. Very nice gentleman, and very cool setup. Looks like he did some upgrades since I was last there.

-Cheers

I too have a modest simulator in my home. And i can confirm that usd 600,000 for a full sim is actually not out of this world. Especially if you have good quality components and dual linked rudder/columns. 

The visuals are also very expensive. 

But I do agree.... a full sim like that needs 6 DoF to really mess with your brain. After flying with motion you just cant fly without it. Is like watching a movie in 4K and then going back to a black and white version of gone with the wind. 

Here is my modest sim:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing your video. I appreciated especially the camera view of the motion platform, as it showed just how much movement there is.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Very nice setup, I was expecting to see a kitty cat playing with the ball and string :)

More info on the motion platforms here: http://motionforsimulators.com/  and controlling software with a very nice least of capabilities: http://motionforsimulators.com/solutions/software/

Cheers, Rob.

Yep. My motion controller is an word not allowed proof interface on a small touch screen display that has a green button for off, a red for immediate stop, and a white for “park”, which plsces all 6 motors in the neutral position. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 4:10 PM, birdguy said:

I could buy a Piper Arrow III with less than 3,000 hrs TT for 1/5th the price and have a moving platform.

Noel

That's true Noel, but you would need a medical certificate to fly it.

Ain't no damn FAA in our sim world and we are allowed fly anything we want to.

Dale

Dale, If I had 600K to spend on a simulator and spent 120K instead on a Piper Arrow I'll bet could also afford a doctor to give me a medical certificate.  Especially in the current age where money can buy anything.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
Because lately I find I'mm leaving out words that I should have caught if I proof read this thing before I saved it in stead of after I saved it.
  • Upvote 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.