Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

FlyJSim 737-200 V3 released!

Jack just released a huge update to the 737-200, bringing it up to XP11 standards. It includes things like a new visual model, PBR rendering, and FMOD sounds to name just a few of the extensive new and updated features. I never bought this plane because classic airliners are just not my cup of tea but after watching a few streams of this thing I'm seriously considering it now. 

http://store.x-plane.org/732-TwinJet-V3-Pro_p_739.html

• Upvote 1

Where is the discount for original owners?

I don't see anything

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Awesome! My favorite plane. Really great work and a fair price.

27879321689_cd928822f5_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Awesome! My favorite plane. Really great work and a fair price.

27879321689_cd928822f5_h.jpg

At this price tag you can get an airliner with sophisticated custom FMC (FF 767/757) . Which is an additional big programming effort. I don't want to put the 732v3 down, but the price description "fair" is in my opninion not right. However I have benefit from the discount and I like it.

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

I too got the discount and that´s what i did mean with fair price. Sorry, i should have written fair update price.

For people who didn´t get the discount it´s pricey.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:19 AM, StefanH75 said:

At this price tag you can get an airliner with sophisticated custom FMC (FF 767/757) . Which is an additional big programming effort. I don't want to put the 732v3 down, but the price description "fair" is in my opninion not right. However I have benefit from the discount and I like it.

Perhaps you have not really looked into how much work has gone into the detailed texturing and flight modeling that has gone into this release. The FF FMC's are not that sophisticated to be honest, they cannot even to proper holding patterns or vertical navigation. Pricing is all relative, for someone with a large wallet it is cheap, for a student with less money it is expensive but everyone has the choice to buy it or not and the developer had the choice to set the price to what they think will give them the best return on the investment in the amount of time they have spent creating the plane/add-on.

• Upvote 1

The only fairly priced sophisticated addon I know of is the TFDI 717. This price is on par with what PMDG would offer for something of this complexity. I would say it is a bullet I am willing to bite.

I personally think the price is a bit on the steep side. We seem to be entering an era of higher and higher priced add-ons since PMDG started pricing their Prepar3D addons so high (xEnviro...cough). I fully appreciate the amount of work that has gone into it but I believe that 50 USD would have been a bit more balanced as a pricing point. Of course, this is only my opinion and everything is relative to many factors including the size and willingness of your wallet. For me, it is not about the cost of whether I can afford it or not but more about the principle. 

We seem to be living in a society of rising costs while salaries remain static. We are told inflation in most western countries is virtually zero hence why we don't see so many pay rises these days but this is still based on the price of bread and milk which is pretty crazy when every other product or service is shooting up in price including our add-ons. 

Everyone appears so used to paying more each year, be it for their new iPhone or their house with a lot of people in serious amounts of debt due to this consumerism society of the 'here and now'. 

If you don't have the money, don't spend it. This is true but not what many people do. I really like supporting developers for all their hard work and I know it pays their bills. I just wish that the jump from the price point three or four years ago to what is today was not so high (like many other things). 

• Upvote 1

Guest Mik75

You shouldn‘t compare the XP market to the ESP based sims market. Plus, comparisons to large developer studios that made and make a huge amount of money (and don’t offer any discounts for loyal customers, just as a side note) aren’t fair neither. Jack from FlyJSim is an enthusiast, and one of the important contributors when it comes to XP becoming a better and more popular sim platform. I haven’t bought the addon yet, but I probably will, anytime soon. I loved his B732 in XP10, and his B727 is a pure joy to use and fly. 

3 hours ago, Mik75 said:

You shouldn‘t compare the XP market to the ESP based sims market. Plus, comparisons to large developer studios that made and make a huge amount of money (and don’t offer any discounts for loyal customers, just as a side note) aren’t fair neither. Jack from FlyJSim is an enthusiast, and one of the important contributors when it comes to XP becoming a better and more popular sim platform. I haven’t bought the addon yet, but I probably will, anytime soon. I loved his B732 in XP10, and his B727 is a pure joy to use and fly. 

I absolutely agree with FlyJSim being a very important contributor with excellent quality. Please don't get me wrong. My concern is regarding the trend in pricing which is going up and up. Even though the flightsim market and particularly the X-Plane market is still rather niche and therefore costly in terms of time invested and development costs, I do also believe that law of diminishing returns must kick in at some point. Surely more people would purchase an add-on priced at 50 USD than 70 USD. Overall they would probably generate more income at a lower price point.

Anyway, it's just my 2 cents. I see add-ons being more frequently charged at a price point that is becoming less and less affordable to the average Joe or Jill (especially when you consider many users are also retired etc. [not me]). Again affordability is all in the eye of the beholder (or what their partner allows:tongue:).

Well its almost 1 year of work that has gone into it.  Considering that most people only pay the upgrade,   the org store takes 30% and you maybe sell 1-2000 copies max (that is including the updates) this doesnt even break down to a great salary for a programmer nowadays.  

Regarding the lower price more sales argument, that does not really hold true in flightsimming, since your market is so limited, you cant really scale up with lower prices

• Upvote 1