Sign in to follow this  
jwillyf

Entering text in call sign box

I am having difficulty in entering text into the call sign box in config. Carefully placing the mouse cursor in the box, which is not easy to see, by the way, there is no consistency in the keyboard entering the text. I try several times with no response and then the letters or numbers suddenly start to appear. I go in and out of config trying several times until I am successful. Hope that makes sense.

Briiliant software. For the first time, choice of sids and stars is presented accessibly and logically.

Thanks.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue, although I am aware of the problem of difficulty seeing the cursor while in the text box.

But once typing, the letters go in as in any text entry box.

What exactly are you typing in and what Call Sign Type is selected? 

When Airline is selected, you are not supposed to type in the CallSign box.  Rather you should enter the airline code in the Airline Lookup area to the right and the Call Sign will be entered for you.

For example, enter AAL and AMERICAN will be entered.

Dave

Hi, Dave, and thanks for the reply.

I have studied my attempt at text entry more closely, and this what I have found.

When I first click in the call sign box, the mouse cursor blinks six times and then becomes steady.When the cursor is blinking, text entry is not possible, but as soon as it becomes steady, keyboard entry works normally. I was having problems repeatedly trying to enter text as soon as clicking in the box (the six 'blinks' take quite a long time), and thus repeatedly failing. I don't know if this is related to my set up or to the software. I don't have this problem in any other applications. It would be good if it were fixable at your end :biggrin:

This sounds like a PC resource problem or a keystroke logger or something unique to your environment.  Virus protection software, or viruses of some kind might be causing something strange like this, but I don't know of anything specific.

There is nothing in the program that would make the cursor blink as you describe and it does not occur in any of the environments I test in.  Other than the difficulty seeing the cursor with the gray background, issues about Call Sign entry have not come up from any other users either.

Sorry I don't have a fix for this problem. 

I was trying to enter a call sign for a GA plane above.

I have now loaded a Dash 8 Q400 Flybe plane this time. Having ticked the airline button under Aicraft Call Sign in config, If I enter BEE (or BAW or AAA), I get no response and no automatic entry of of a call sign.

Incidentally, I find text entry will happen if I leave the mouse cursor within the box.

Sorry to bother you, but this later problem is going to impact on me using ATC.

After entering the airline code, press Enter.  That should search the data and find the airline and enter the airline name below the code and enter the Call Sign in the Call Sign box.  BAW will display British Airways and enter SPEEDBIRD in the call sign window.

Dave