Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

How to hide the bezel?

..how do I eliminate the Bezel on the popup G530, I dropped it of in 5" LCD Display and no need for the Bezel

Cheers  

Simply set "nobezel = true" in the appropriate section of RealityXP.GNS.ini

I am having the same issue. I set nobezel = true for the WINDOW section in the .ini, save and relaunch the gauge,  pop out the window and the bezel is still there. If I go back and check the .ini file, Notepad++ is telling me that its trying to be over written. It seems the config file is always written by the Settings window in the plugin and simple over writes the existing .ini file. There is no "nobezel" toggle in the Setting menu as far as I can tell, so therefore the bezel is always visible. 

Thanks, 

Chuck

All settings not available in the GUI Settings Panel must be manually edited only when the sim is not running. This is a limitation for now which hopefully affects seldom used settings while in-sim.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

That did the trick. Thanks for the quick response. The RXP530  is a great upgrade from the stock XP530. Love the traffic page. 

Chuck 

• Upvote 1

I have a similar problem. Would like to display the R-XP GNS430 on a 2nd monitor, without buttons. In order to get the R-XP GNS430 on the 2nd monitor, I have to use popout. But then the keys come back. Is there a way to show the R-XP GNS430 without buttons (only the display) on a 2nd monitor (2nd graphics card in the PC)?

"CU"

On January 16, 2018 at 9:55 PM, RXP said:

edited only when the sim is not running. This is a limitation for now

Since you're reviving this discussion, worth noting this limitation is gone since the last 2 updates!

@WALLEYE Please make sure to review the User's Manual for this. It explains what you have to do to make a popup/popout window appear as 'no bezel'. You might want to follow the B58 tutorial for detailed example about such settings.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi RXP

Yes, I went through the Baron Manual. Yes, it works on the first monitor. The second monitor (small 5 "monitor that only displays the graphics from the GNS) is not part of the cockpit, the second monitor is a "full" screen (2nd Grafikcard) with its own taskbar, and adjusting the xy coordinates will not move the popup/popout window to the second screen.

Hi,

the tutorial goes through showing how you can setup a particular 'rendering' setting for the GNS. For example, you can configure the 3D panel 'rendering' in a certain way (no bezel, position, size). These are set in a named rendering section in the ini file.

Default settings, automatically created the first time you open a GNS in an aircraft, include 2 rendering sections in the ini file: one for the popup window and one for the 3D panel. Each are independent and should you also configure the 'window' rendering section with nobezel, it will display the popup/popout window without such bezel.

Furthermore, once you position the window to a certain location on the screen(s) and change aircraft/exit the simulator, the last known window position and dimension is saved to the ini file, so that it reopens the same the next time you load the same aircraft.

Edited by RXP

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, ChuckK said:

That did the trick. Thanks for the quick response. The RXP530  is a great upgrade from the stock XP530. Love the traffic page. 

Chuck 

I am impressed with the XP530 as compared with the stock FSX/P3D G530. Moreover, the database upgrade option (through Navigraph) is also a plus.

I have the RXP v2 G530/G430 for P3D and assume the RXP X-plane version is identical; is that accurate? 

Hi Jean-Luc, 

Thanks for all the info. I'm confident I will soon be picking up the G530/G430 package for the X-Plane platform. 

• Like 1