Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Guide to setting up ASCA+ENVTEXT(with AS+SF)

Hi,

This is for Dynamic Sky textures only. All weather and sky structures/textures are handled by AS + SF. Any other options within Envtex is not the purpose of this guild.   

First open ENVTEX and click on the Second option down on the left. Turn everything off apart from Sky. You can see all the setting for folder etc, your's will be different from mine but you will see what its should look like!

When this is all set up click on the Green down arrow (Install) to Install.

g1.jpg

Open ASCA and make sure you have set it to "Full Dynamics" Look carefully at the text at the bottom it will tell you what you have installed from ENVETX. 

g2.jpg

Then click on settings. Then you will see this page and it should be set up like this with only Sky Colours ticked. After you have set this page up click on "Wx Influence Configuration"

g3d7510.jpg

You now can see all the loaded Envtex textures loaded within your skies 64 of them.

This shot below shows that with any other but an Envtex selected, none of the options to the right are active.

g4.jpg

Now when you click on one of the Envtex options you now should see some of the option ticked that the texture will be used for.

g5.jpg

Hope this helps!

That's it, you should now have ACSA + Envtex working to bring you Dynamic skies within P3D.

• Upvote 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Wow I guess I have mine set up all wrong then lol

i have sky off in asca envtex on

and set random 

hmm

Thanks Dave, that's excellent. It's all but trivial to set this.

Perhaps the mods can make this sticky?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Great work! Now we have two guides. Maybe Jeroen and David could merge it and it gets pinned by Avsim moderators.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Why are airport and all non-sky selected textures set to off?

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

7 minutes ago, snpower said:

Why are airport and all non-sky selected textures set to off?

Because AS and SF is for weather and clouds structures and textures.

This is for Dynamic skys only. ASCA + Envtex when used with AS + SF.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Why have you turned off all the other textures like water, airport, etc?

2 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

Why have you turned off all the other textures like water, airport, etc?

Because this is a guild to use with AS + SF not a guild on using Envtex.

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

If all the settings you have turned off in your example were turned on, would any of them affect your tutorial? If so, which ones should we leave off?

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks for this guide helped out alot

which envtex sky textures do you recommend to be most realistic?

thanks 

mike

6 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks for this guide helped out alot

which envtex sky textures do you recommend to be most realistic?

thanks 

mike

Mike they are "dynamic" ASCA injects the sets that best match were your are in the world and the weather. You Don't need to pick any, they are all used dynamically .

7 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

If all the settings you have turned off in your example were turned on, would any of them affect your tutorial? If so, which ones should we leave off?

Sorry Henry I want this to be focused on what the guild is for ASCA Dynamic skies not on all the option within Envtex. They are many guilds on Envtex out there covering all the options.

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Sorry Henry I want this to be focused on what the guild is for ASCA Dynamic skies not on all the option within Envtex. They are many guilds on Envtex out there coving all the options.

So are you saying you have not tested your suggested settings with a full implementation of Envtex? Not trying to be confrontational, but having most of the product turned off is not very informational. 

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Mike they are "dynamic" ASCA injects the sets that best match were your are in the world and the weather. You Don't need to pick any, they are all used dynamically .

Sorry Henry I want this to be focused on what the guild is for ASCA Dynamic skies not on all the option within Envtex. They are many guilds on Envtex out there coving all the options.

Oh duh lol

man im such a  [Removed] sometimes 

thanks again

Edited by Poppet
Removed unnecessary term

Just now, Henry Street said:

So are you saying you have not tested your suggested settings with a full implementation of Envtex? Not trying to be confrontational, but having most of the product turned off is not very informational. 

Henry, people asked me to do a guild on just what this guild is for, to use AS+SF+ASCA+ENVTEX if you want a guild on Envtex its not for you.