Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

wings texture missing in cockpit view

P3Dv4.1

No idea about that, I have never noticed it... The aircraft works fine. Is this normal for ground shadows vs performance etc?

Seen as wing view the textures are fine.

this is the Lufthansa livery and as I have just done a 45 min preflight I'm not eager about testing it with other liveries right now ;D

jz796npv.jpg

I have the same experience, but with another livery.  My guess is that you normally don't see the wings from the flightdeck, so the textures are not populated...

Seen from a "normal" point of view textures are normal.

In the VC the external model is there only to provide shadows.  The earlier P3D products lacked this and there were comments about seeing only a partial shadow.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

You would never have that viewpoint on the actual plane anyhow. You'd be putting your head through the side window trying to see from that viewpoint. Somebody had posted a picture a while back where you could just barely see the winglet from the flight deck, and even then, you basically had to have your face pressed against the side window to do that.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

7 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

you basically had to have your face pressed against the side window to do that.

touch >>>HERE<<< for a grease spot on your desktop :D

Marc,

Previous posters have it right.

You CAN contort your head into a position from which you can see the outboard engine/winglet, but it is a bit rough on the leaning muscles and doesn't really serve a practical purpose in this regard within the sim.

We added those parts of the model to give the model a shadow so that in Prepar3D when the sun gets low and behind you, you will see it's shadow on the ground rather than just the shadow of a suspended cockpit in mid air.

If you actually move the view outside the VC, you will see we wrote "INTENTIONALLY UNTEXTURED SHADOW MODEL" on the side.  You just can't see that from where you are sitting. 

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com