Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

Reinstall help please

Hi,

I have had a major issue with FPS fluctuations ranging from 5-55 and tried everything I could think of. I think I need to reinstall everything, can someone please guise in the best way to reinstall P3D v4. Is there a program which cleanly deletes all of P3D or do I even have to do that? I hate to have to go through reinstalling all of PMDG, ORBX etc. Thanks for all your help.

Best

Hello bjablonka8120

Before you reinstall Prepar3D have you tried Removing your generated folders to see if this step resolves your Issue ?  

Note:  This process will disable all your 3rd party software (Add On's) and previously saved settings.  It will bring Prepar3D back to a close default state.  Then you can launch Prepar3D and test 

Depending on what Add On's you have Installed ? Some of these can be Activated again pretty quick 

There is a file located in your Core Prepar3D v4 folder called Delete Generated Files,  by double left clicking on this file the generated content from the 3 Prepar3D v4 folders in ProgramData, Local and Roaming will be removed

When you launch Prepar3D these files and folders will generated again as default.  

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder,  Scroll down a bit,  Double left Click on the file  Delete Generated Files  A small black window will appear and then disappear again, this is normal 

34850617330_b36e22ac6f_o.png

After you complete this Launch Prepar3D and test to see if Prepar3D is good again and then you can think about Introducing your Add On's back

• Upvote 2

I did this method a couple weeks ago. Kept getting a Flight.dll error. Anyway this method works like a charm. No issues since.

Elaine,

Not quite the same problem and whilst not really a drama I am intrigued.

I have had P3Dv4 for some time now with the only add ons being ORBX global with Aussie airports and Ifly737. 

I have not flown P3D for approximately a month  and fired it up yesterday for an experiment to find that all these add ons have disappeared.  All my control assignments and everything else appears to be in place but the system is as basic as it comes.

I don't believe it is a major hassle to reinstall my stuff but where have these addons gone to? 

As I said I am more intrigued than annoyed. Any ideas

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Thank you so much, I did what you suggested but FPS fluctuation still range vwey quickly from about 7 to 45 and back. Did not load any add-ons such as ORBX, UTL etc. I do not understand how this can happen. I have all the latest drivers have no problems at any other games. Do not know what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bernd Jablonka

is this fluctuation with frames locked or unlimited?  Try locking frames as low as you can to stop the fluctuation but still getting smooth performance.

Remember, unlike FSX, P3D is more about smooth performance than high FPS - in fact many times setting too high fps will result in less smoothness.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic, Settings are unlimited. Will try your suggestions later tonight.

Best

Bernd

Hi Vic, I set it to 35 FPS and it runs pretty smooth, one in a while it goes down to 8 but then back up to 35. I appreciate your help!!!!

Bernd

• Upvote 1

You can probably set it even lower than that Bernd. Things are still quite smooth for me at 25. It's worth a try..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thanks. Everything was running smoothly before till, I now remember, I updated win 10 the last time. Now I can´t go back I suppose.  The problem I have now is that all games on my system are stuttering which never happened before. Temps are ok, so it cannot be that either. Don`t know what to do anymore.

Bernd

1 hour ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Thanks. Everything was running smoothly before till, I now remember, I updated win 10 the last time. Now I can´t go back I suppose.  The problem I have now is that all games on my system are stuttering which never happened before. Temps are ok, so it cannot be that either. Don`t know what to do anymore.

Bernd

What is your CPU and GPU? 

Simbol 

1 hour ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Bernd

Hi, you could try restoring your PC to before the update.  Depends on whether you have the restore option activated for that drive.

I7, 4790, 32 gb ram, 980ti. 

Unfortunately could not find restore point.

Thanks!

Best

Bernd

I forgot and maybe that is an issue, CPU temp is from 87-99 degrees celsius. Sounds hot to me??

Bernd

34 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

I7, 4790, 32 gb ram, 980ti. 

I forgot and maybe that is an issue, CPU temp is from 87-99 degrees celsius. Sounds hot to me??

Bernd

Ok this is your processor:

Product Collection 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processors

Code Name Products formerly Haswell

Questions:

1) Have you applied any BIOS Updates in the last 96 hours?

2) Are you Overclocking your CPU? which frequency?

Regards,

Simbol