Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

Little NavMap installed and connected but.....

Ok I have LittleNavMap installed and a remote connection active..

how do I launch FSX (Steam)?  

Do i minimize little navmap and little connect windows then launch & fly FSX in "windowed mode?

or close one or both then launch FSX?

and......Yes I've searched the online tutorial and can't find this simple and obvious question 

Thanks in advance

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Home network with all 3 'puters running LNM and LNMConnect 

I'm running the main windows 7 "flying (Host) xputer.

home Local area Network  via ethernet (currently)

I have a macbk Pro successfully connected to host xputer  (it sees the aircraft and location) but it doesnt see KBNA (my departure Airport)

also have old windows laptop successfully connected to HOST -similar situation.

( ***  Idont intend to run two remote xputers all the time in fact I use the Win laptop for Skyvector and will continue..)

Anyway... the remotes (using default navigraph data  "see" the KBNA airport  but It wont let me edit the flightplan without a departure airport of course.   In other words the map displays KBNA but the software doesnt recognize it.. so do I copy my FSX scenery.cfg. file to the remote? also, do I copy the FSX the huge FSX\SCENERY files to the remote???

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

2 hours ago, mikebxb said:

so do I copy my FSX scenery.cfg. file to the remote? also, do I copy the FSX the huge FSX\SCENERY files to the remote???

Nope..

First, do you have LNM installed on both the computer containing the sim and the remote?

If yes then have you created the database using LNM on the computer containing the sim? 

If yes, have you copied the the folder containing the the database that was created to the remote computer?

If no to one or both then the user manual addresses how to do so.

Ernie

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

You also need to run the Little navconnect on the server every time you run FS/XP in order for LN to see it on the client.

19 hours ago, airernie said:

Nope..

First, do you have LNM installed on both the computer containing the sim and the remote?

.........................................Yes

If yes then have you created the database using LNM on the computer containing the sim? 

..........................................Yes

If yes, have you copied the the folder containing the the database that was created to the remote computer?

.........................................Yes

19 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

You also need to run the Little navconnect on the server every time you run FS/XP in order for LN to see it on the client.

Yup. I use the default  Little Connect that comes with Little Navmap.  and have LNM AND LNMConnect on  remote 'puters.

as to  whether to run in windowed mode it actually fixes itself I just run LNM then minimize it and launch FSX. FSX comes up in full window mode as always so I can still drag GTN750 or other views to 2nd monitor.

The two remotes computers as mentioned connect fine and display the map and use the navigraph databases and either computer does a fine job of monitoring in real time you aircraft, location, WX and AI Aircraft. BUT they will NOT set departing location and are not usable for flight planning.

As an FYI I noticed LMN in background on host doesn't adversely affect the FPM I'm still averaging 45 FPS even with GTN750 windowed on 2nd monitor

On 13.1.2018 at 10:49 PM, mikebxb said:

BUT they will NOT set departing location and are not usable for flight planning.

I'd create a network share or use a cloud which can sync files across flying and remote computers.  Then save the flight plan from the remote to the share or cloud drive and you can load it on the flying computer.

That way I plan some of my flights on a Linux notebook even before the flying computer is started.

On 13.1.2018 at 10:49 PM, mikebxb said:

As an FYI I noticed LMN in background on host doesn't adversely affect the FPM I'm still averaging 45 FPS even with GTN750 windowed on 2nd monitor

There are some settings in the options dialog on tab "Simulator Aircraft" if you suspect LNM to steal FPS. Normally it doesn't and I think the usual simmer has enough CPU cores available.:smile:

Alex