Sign in to follow this  
sbs9

REX SKY FORCE 3D + HiFi AS16 after ten routine flights

On 1/13/2018 at 3:27 PM, Asheroo said:

Paul - Fair enough you have that opinion, but it's just that. The cloud structures and types are the key to the product, and that's what makes it a revolution to me in my personal opinion whatever your definition is. Sure it's no French Revolution, it's not some overthrow of a government because it's still under the limits of P3D, but all things considered it's literally a complete overhaul in all literal ways of the P3D cloud structuring. If you're not going to accept that they literally re-did the cloud structuring then obviously you're 100% not interested in Sky Force nor REX, and you'll just have to settle with it. The evidence is there but your own personal taste doesn't like the product so therefore you disagree. There are those of us who look at those words, look at Sky Force, and are like "wow this is a revolution". Is that ok if we have those differing opinions? Is it ok if I can have the opinion that REX's marketing isn't false hype? Is that ok? Or do I have to have the same opinion as you?

Sure Active Sky have done something similar, just in a different way. You go and spend some time enjoying Active Sky and those of us that are impressed by Sky Force can go and enjoy that. We can healthily agree to disagree. You were expecting something more with all the hype and big words and you were disappointed, you've said that in every thread about SF. I expected a complete overhaul of P3D cloud structuring and that's what I got, plus some nice sky textures and PTA presets which keep me from buying ENVTEX.

Regardless what you highly value the product, it is not an overhaul at all, it is merely some improvement over REX, in some cases, REX softcloud is more realistic. Still, the SF clouds are old 2D clouds spinning around the aircraft and nothing new about it. In terms of structure, really don't a difference may be more textures but cannot tell what structural changes would be. When calling a revolutionary product, you should at least has something that completely change the game but just don't see right now. Maybe previous REX cloud textures are already very good.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, J van E said:

4 cloud classifications...? Don't have the exact numbers at hand but P3D comes with some 150 or so cloud structures already. Long before SF ASCA already added new cloud structures, around 400 or so. REX adds 1160 structures. (I know they say thousands but I haven't seen them yet.) Anyway, it's not that SF has us going from 4 to thousand structures, which sounds as if SF is offering thousand times more structures. It's more something like THREE times more structures.

Hey sorry I may have got the terminology wrong, maybe it's the types I don't know but the P3D weather system previously only knew Cumulus, Stratus, Cirrus, and Thunderstorm cloud types.

ASCA increased this number by a few hundred, but SF has added all other know types like Altostratus, Cumulonimbus etc and got that number in the 1000's.

That's what I was trying to say.

Also don't forget that even though SF only installs 1000 or so models, the real time sync means that all the other models will be dynamically added to the current situation depending on the weather conditions. So it's not just limited to the ones you installed.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Mace said:

Roman --Can you confirm that this is ASP16 and not ASP4 you're using?

Good point, Rhett, I cannot :) I was sure that the name of the product is still AS16, only a new version for P3D4. My mistake.

5 hours ago, pracines said:

My advice to rex stands from many years ago, please just stick with textures, you do them excellently.

I agree, Paul, and I also understand, to some extent, your other arguments. 

However, this product is mainly about aesthetics and that is a very subjective matter. Was the way of singing called Do di petto a revolution? As an opera lover I think it surely was, but for 99.9% of people it is just an insignificant marginality. 

Fortunately, it is everyone's decision what to buy and what not. The purpose of my initial post was to share my experience with Sky Force and, eventually, make the decision easier. 

I added some new pictures from my latest flights, feel free to check my site if you are interested.

• Upvote 1

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

10 hours ago, sbs9 said:

I added some new pictures from my latest flights, feel free to check my site if you are interested.

Hi Roman,

I have, and to say I was spellbound is an understatement. What an extraordinarily convincing series of images! Those who may be sitting on the fence regarding REX Sky Force 3D should head over there and feast there eyes. What more needs to be said?

Regards,

Mike

19 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Roman,

I have, and to say I was spellbound is an understatement. What an extraordinarily convincing series of images! Those who may be sitting on the fence regarding REX Sky Force 3D should head over there and feast there eyes. What more needs to be said?

Regards,

Mike

As good as they are the best way to see them is in a video.

Goto Twitch

Blackbox711

vidieos

A320-X: Hydraulic G + Y Failure on flight LOWI to LEBB 

Date 17th jan

Watch from 1:00:00 >

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

i am very impressed by the COMBO of ASP4 and Rex SkyForce3D but my SLI system is still having a hard time in OVC situation. I am not able to have anymore than default 90nm and no AA at all before my SLI970´s is hitting 100%. This is not the case without REXSkyforce3D as i can manage about the same at 50-70%. 

So we do not have same experience i am afraid.

Maybe its related to there other effects ? How do i "return" my lights and sun effects btw  to default?

Sometimes with some effects looking to the sun hits the GPU hard

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 19-1-2018 at 11:50 AM, swiesma said:

I have not seen any screenshots that would impress me so much that I spend 45€ to replace AS16/ASCA.

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

What an extraordinarily convincing series of images! Those who may be sitting on the fence regarding REX Sky Force 3D should head over there and feast there eyes. What more needs to be said?

LOL Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :happy:

I haven't simmed in a while so this is my outsiders perspective.

I think it looks good but it's not enough for me anymore. These small incremental steps that cost $50 here, $60 there have just pushed me away. I'm tired of the expensive cycle that never quite pays off. Every few months something supposedly groundbreaking comes out and it's never really that groundbreaking.

Maybe in a few years something will catch my eye again to get me back interested.

3 minutes ago, bonchie said:

I think it looks good but it's not enough for me anymore. These small incremental steps that cost $50 here, $60 there have just pushed me away. I'm tired of the expensive cycle that never quite pays off. Every few months something supposedly groundbreaking comes out and it's never really that groundbreaking.

Maybe in a few years something will catch my eye again to get me back interested.

Basically for a GUI change or an Aircraft texture change. Good marketing I reckon. At least a few offer upgrade discounts.

This all sounds so familiar. Something new comes along, entrenched members of the community resist change and justify their decisions by finding ways to criticize a product, time passes, shaky preconceptions slowly modify and, before you know it.........!

I should know, I've been guilty of it myself....several times over many years of apparent and actual progress in the flight simming world.

Having said that, I remain unconvinced about Windows 10. Doubtless, in time, that too will change or I'm forced to accept the inevitable. Glad I still have at least a couple of years of Windows 7 bliss before having to face that particular dilemma.

Mike

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Yes, I kind of agree. Things are going slow and in small steps. And some companies make you pay for every small step. I am in the fortunate position that I can pay for those small steps but I can imagine someone giving up on it all. And every time when finally a HUGE step forward comes along there usually are (a lot of) limitations which takes time again to overcome. I am thinking about Aerofly FS 2 that really has made a HUGE step forward when it comes to graphics and performance but of course, I'd almost say, it is lacking in a lot of departments. Flight simming really takes a long breath and a lot of patience and quite often it can be hard to simply enjoy what we've got already. During the last few months I had no trouble at ALL enjoying what I had with P3D, the Majestic Q400 and a slew of addons, with Sky Force being the icing on the cake, but last week I wanted to do some low and slow flying again and P3D reared its ugly head once more (with things you don't notice when you are mainly watching gauges) and so I installed Aerofly FS 2 again so I could enjoy some smooth low and slow flying without things popping up all the time. And boy, AFS2 is awesome in that regard. But... no weather, no ATC, no deep systems, no nothing but pretty pictures... So for now I use P3D for my more serious simming and AFS2 for my quick sunny days flights. And well, looking at where we come from I think I should be grateful for what I've got. I could do with some more patience though.

4 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Having said that, I remain unconvinced about Windows 10.

I am sure you have heard this before but imho Windows 10 is the best PC OS ever. :happy: Couldn't be more happier with it and I fail to understand why some people don't want it or like it. Just as I fail to see what was so bliss about WIndows 7.

14 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

This all sounds so familiar. Something new comes along, entrenched members of the community resist change and justify their decisions by finding ways to criticize a product, time passes, shaky preconceptions slowly modify and, before you know it.........!

I should know, I've been guilty of it myself....several times over many years of apparent and actual progress in the flight simming world.

Having said that, I remain unconvinced about Windows 10. Doubtless, in time, that too will change or I'm forced to accept the inevitable. Glad I still have at least a couple of years of Windows 7 bliss before having to face that particular dilemma.

Mike

Hahahaha....

Let me say it the other way round : something new comes along and multiple people need to buy it as it is new so it must be better.

When another , same type of product , is being released , multiple buyers from the first product , start critizing their first product , as it seemed not to be that great after all.... :laugh:

Regarding Windows 10 ; come on make the jump. Windows is progressing and I find that 10 feels easier on the pc than 7. But it’s your choice Mike ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, J van E said:

I am sure you have heard this before but imho Windows 10 is the best PC OS ever. :happy: Couldn't be more happier with it and I fail to understand why some people don't want it or like it. Just as I fail to see what was so bliss about WIndows 7.

LOL! As someone once said, quite recently in fact: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Windows 10 is Windows 7 with a few refinements, GUI 'enhancements', DirectX 12 and some new Apps I don't need or will ever use. Speedwise and stability there is very little difference between the two o/s, but the biggie for me is Windows 7 still remains relatively free of unwelcome Microsoft interference. To date, with my latest and probably last build, I have had no hardware compatibility issues and ALL third party vendors still offer full support for their products. However, I know this will change, but right now I am content with the status quo just like those who may feel REX Sky Force 3D has little to offer them over there 'tried and trusted'. We need to respect our individual choices even though we may feel compelled to disagree.

Regards,

Mike

12 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Regarding Windows 10 ; come on make the jump. Windows is progressing and I find that 10 feels easier on the pc than 7. But it’s your choice Mike ...

Hi Gerard,

I think much depends on what you use your PC for and/or how well it is maintained. The choice of operating system will never protect you from poor or careless maintenance.

Regards,

Mike

2 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Roman,

Regards,

Mike

Thank you, Mike.

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com