Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cactus521

Enjoying two sims in my retirement

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

I am enjoying Xplane11 and P3DV4 so much I have a challenge getting out of my home, LOL!  I am spending several hours a day between the two sims, both very fluid and stable.  I have a P3DV4 video out of Spanish Fork (I flew an LSA with a friend out of there back in 2006), Utah and an Xplane11 video out of Glendale, Arizona, which I posted in the videos forum.  I was not making videos, I found that commercial programs did not work well when uploading the videos to youtube, there was no sound.  But then when I saw a recent video I asked what software was being used, and I found out that the GEForce Experience program included with my system offered free recording of video (and user adjustable for fps and bitrate).  I was never able to share how my performance was on my system, the commercial products were stuttery when I used them.  But the impact of GEForce Experience's recordings has been nil, although I could sharpen them a little if I chose a higher bitrate, but have chosen not to to minimize upload times on youtube.  I think simming has really come of age with Xplane and P3D, each having its own features that I enjoy, although for longer flights I lean towards P3D because of my love affair with the Carenado Citation 550.  I love that aircraft for two reasons--it performs greaser landings dead center, and it has an airspeed hold feature that uses pitch to control airspeed until the desired cruise altitude is reached.  That allows for speedier performance enroute.

Here are links to my latest P3D and Xplane flights:

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!