Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

VoxATC and AI FPS

Hi all,

First, I've been using VoxATC for a few months now and can't go back to any other ATC!  THANK YOU!

Second, in my opinion, one of the greatest and most under-rated features of this program is how it injects AI that are controlled by ATC into the sim.  I'm using mostly MyTraffic 6.0a models and a few others and VoxATC populates the world quite well with better performance than default traffic. 

Are there any plans on expanding this feature? Would it be possible to include traffic parked and/or departing to/from airports along the route I'm flying (most of the traffic seems to be at my destination and arrival airports, or simply cruising at altitude)? How about injecting AI flights based on actual real-world or real-time traffic?

THANKS AGAIN!

sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

31 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Hi all,

First, I've been using VoxATC for a few months now and can't go back to any other ATC!  THANK YOU!

Second, in my opinion, one of the greatest and most under-rated features of this program is how it injects AI that are controlled by ATC into the sim.  I'm using mostly MyTraffic 6.0a models and a few others and VoxATC populates the world quite well with better performance than default traffic. 

Are there any plans on expanding this feature? Would it be possible to include traffic parked and/or departing to/from airports along the route I'm flying (most of the traffic seems to be at my destination and arrival airports, or simply cruising at altitude)? How about injecting AI flights based on actual real-world or real-time traffic?

THANKS AGAIN!

sg

Not likely that anyone knows the answer to this as the developer doesn't frequent this forum and rarely communicates with his customers.

NAX669.png

There is a way to activate traffic at on route airports right now. If you contact approach, or the tower or Unicom for an airport you are approaching, it will, “come to life” Then you can tune back to the controller you were talking to and the airport will remain active. I discovered this myself by accident, but it is a cool “feature.”

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

There is a way to activate traffic at on route airports right now. If you contact approach, or the tower or Unicom for an airport you are approaching, it will, “come to life” Then you can tune back to the controller you were talking to and the airport will remain active. I discovered this myself by accident, but it is a cool “feature.”

That's a great find!!!  I'm going to test that out tonight.  Can you just tune the tower frequency and key the mic?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Wow, I never fail to be amazed at some of the hidden features in VOXATC. It's also the best for plane watching with either the P3d4 Tower Controller mode or just using Nearest Tower view with the track view off.

One area where VOXATC needs an update is in exposing a full set of flight characteristics (destination and departure airports, etc.) for its AI aircraft. That would allow integration with other packages (like STB and SODE, for example). I do miss using STB and also the interaction of both airport ground vehicles and  movable jetways with AI aircraft.

23 hours ago, Gridley said:

That's a great find!!!  I'm going to test that out tonight.  Can you just tune the tower frequency and key the mic?

Yes, it is as simple as that!

There's probably a way to write a LUA script that checks the user aircraft location, temporarily tunes COM1 to the tower frequency of the closest big airport and then back to the previous user frequency.

• Upvote 1