Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sbs9

FSLabs A320 - COM1 tuning mistakes

Recommended Posts

I feel that my trusty first officer Dieter needs glasses :) When auto-tuning the COM1 frequency, he sometimes makes a mistake, i.e. enters a slightly different frequency (decimals are wrong). We fly with FSLabs A320 and use PF3, clearance.log method, "you have radio" mode. I believe that FSLabs uses the standard P3D way for setting COM1, thus, I wonder what causes this problem and if it is specific to this aircraft.

Roman


Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sbs9 said:

I feel that my trusty first officer Dieter needs glasses :) When auto-tuning the COM1 frequency, he sometimes makes a mistake, i.e. enters a slightly different frequency (decimals are wrong). We fly with FSLabs A320 and use PF3, clearance.log method, "you have radio" mode. I believe that FSLabs uses the standard P3D way for setting COM1, thus, I wonder what causes this problem and if it is specific to this aircraft.

Roman

Since at least a couple of other users have reported this elsewhere, It will be looked at.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I do have the same problems, already reported. Thanks for having a look at that.


Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another issue I’ve discovered with the FSLA320 and MCE is during the after start flow. When the copilot calls for the flight controls check, everything works as it should until the right rudder check. The copilot does not recognise or acknowledge full right (all the other control checks work). Hopefully that can be fixed. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, randomravings said:

Another issue I’ve discovered with the FSLA320 and MCE is during the after start flow. When the copilot calls for the flight controls check, everything works as it should until the right rudder check. The copilot does not recognise or acknowledge full right (all the other control checks work). Hopefully that can be fixed. Thank you. 

Both rudder and COM1 issue with some frequencies fixed over here.

There will be an update Tuesday.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 6:43 AM, randomravings said:

Another issue I’ve discovered with the FSLA320 and MCE is during the after start flow. When the copilot calls for the flight controls check, everything works as it should until the right rudder check. The copilot does not recognise or acknowledge full right (all the other control checks work). Hopefully that can be fixed. Thank you. 

Update delayed until Saturday to allow a few other fixes related to FSL A320 support to make it in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 11:12 PM, FS++ said:

Both rudder and COM1 issue with some frequencies fixed over here.

There will be an update Tuesday.

Just made my first flight in the FSLabs A320 with the updated version of MCE. Loving it! My copilot now has reliable control. 😉

Great work! 👏

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the selection of speed, heading and altitude work

3 minutes ago, randomravings said:

Just made my first flight in the FSLabs A320 with the updated version of MCE. Loving it! My copilot now has reliable control. 😉

 

Does the selection of speed, heading and altitude work?

Also the switching of buttons? In my setup, the 2D panels pop up with v2747...


Regards,

Chris Keller

--

i7-4790K@4.3 GHz, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GTX1080TI 11GB VRAM, SSD, G-SYNC 1440p monitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2018 at 1:25 AM, Cargostorm said:

Does the selection of speed, heading and altitude work

Does the selection of speed, heading and altitude work?

Also the switching of buttons? In my setup, the 2D panels pop up with v2747...

Provided you start a new flight on the ground with MCE (ie not a saved flight that’s underway) then yes, the copilot can select heading and altitude. Sometimes the heading is one degree off. However I haven’t been able to get MCE to control the speed (though the the copilot can push and pull the speed control knob). 

Yes, 2D panels do pop up. I think that’s MCE’s workaround because unlike most other payware aircraft, there’s no SDK for the FSLabs A320. Under graphics you can set 2D panel transparency to 100% so you can’t see this. Hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, randomravings said:

I haven’t been able to get MCE to control the speed (though the the copilot can push and pull the speed control knob). 

 

For some reason, SPD is extremely difficult to locate when searching the VAS for FCU values on ground.

Currently, once you pass 5000 feet, FO will pull the SPD button and try to locate it. Resist pushing the SPD button for the next minute or two.

Should see "looking for FCU speed...." and if successful, "FCU speed control now available".

He should have it by the time you are on approach, where you're most likely to need it.

Don't waste your time with SPD on ground, he's not meant to find it, and he won't turn the dial unless he knows the reference value.

Same applies to ALT, HDG, VS or BARO. No dialing is allowed before he works out the current value, even though he says he's doing it. It's a good indication as to whether he already found them or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I still cannot get the F/O to handle Speed, Heading, V/S. I think I tried everything. Engines on/off, restarting

MCE several times under different conditions. Ben also tried to help me on this with no success up to now.

Any idea is much appreciated.

Peter


Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...